Alert: -Saudi Professional League 2011-12-

Discussion in 'Saudi Arabia' started by al ittihady, Sep 8, 2011.

1. HiJazzey

HiJazzey Member

Jan 29, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    There's Ittihad v Hilal tonight.

2. serro

serro Member

Dec 6, 2009
    Riyadh
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    thank you dude ,, sorry for the previous insults :( , i was not angry with you , u just sparked the needed flame for a flame war , i had a really bad mission with really bad colleagues at that time. sorry again

3. HiJazzey

HiJazzey Member

Jan 29, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    no worries. congrats on the win today

4. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Salem Dawsari should flee to Europe.
    Other results-
    Ahli 2-0 Faysaly
    Tawoon 1-2 Shabab
    Nasser 4-1 Ansar
    Qadsiya 0-2 Najran
    Raed 2-0 Hajer

5. hammad_friend

hammad_friend Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Dubai, Karachi
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Loved the move made by Al Hilal in the 2nd goal against Al Ittihad .... Nawaf Al Abid should learn from this player who dribble passed 4 players (including goal keeper) and passed the ball "un-selfishly" to Shalhoub for a goal in open net ... bravo ... this is the way Saudi NT should play as well ...

6. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Victor Munoz is the new Ittihad coach.

7. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    Is he still coach? I've heard a name Raul something or other as coach?

8. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Yes, some unknown figure from Spain Raul Caneda is the new coach.I searched a lot info on him but did not find a bit of it.Hope you could help me out.:D

9. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England

Same as you, no idea who he is. But some articles say he has the same philosophy to Barcelona coach Pep Guardiola.

If tis was true, then why was he only an assitant coach at Almeria and why wouldn't a Spanish team take him on as the head coach?

I hate to say it, but seems a complete unknown has arrived, which might not be so bad as no one knows him, he has no kind of reputation (in my eyes anyway.)

10. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Collective results from matches played in past 5-6 days-
    Al Ansar 2-1 Faysaly
    Fateh 1-0 Hajer
    Najran 1-1 Tawoon
    Nasser 1-2 Shabab
    Ittihad 1-0 Qadsiya
    Raed 1-1 Hilal
    Ittifaq 0-4 Ahli

With 5 round to play and Hilal 6 points behind the leaders, the battle heats up between Ahli and Shabab with a slight chance of Hilal grabbing up in the end.
    The relegation battle also heats up as teams Ansar,Tawoon,Qadsiya and Raed battling for survival.

11. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Results-
    Faysaly 0-1 Ittihad
    Shabab 1-0 Fateh
    Najran 2-1 Nasser
    Hilal 6-1 Ansar
    Ahli 4-3 Hajer
    Tawoon 1-0 Ettifaq
    Qadsiya 0-1 Raed

12. burning_phoneix

Jul 13, 2008
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Al Wehda Mecca
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Ahli had a scare there! Barely pulled past Hajer!

I'm sad to see Ittifaq fall down to three straight defeats :( Hopefully, they'll manage to secure an ACL spot.

EDIT:

I just found out Shabab and Ahli are one point apart and are in first and second place respectively.

The last matchday is.....Shabab vs Ahli...

[​IMG]

13. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Are fixtures fixed before hand or there was some manipulation by the FA to make the last match Ahli-Shabab and make the league exciting and bring supporters till the end and mint money
    or
    Was the league fixed before the draw that either Ahli or Shabab should win the league and the last fixture will be between this two sides to decide the champions.

14. burning_phoneix

Jul 13, 2008
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Al Wehda Mecca
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Dude, the schedule is set at the very beginning of the season. No fixing.

And besides, if the wanted to fix the league to make money they'd make it IttihadxHilal final.

I mean.....Shabab and Ahli don't have as much supporters as those two clubs or even Al Nasr.

15. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Might be they wanted to change the taste this time.
    Anyways, I was just pissed off and wrote the lame post.I trust the league.

16. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    I must say, Ahli and Shabab have only 2 strikers in there team and are ruling the league this season. They are the true champions unlike Hilal who rob all good strikers in the league but still struggle.

17. hammad_friend

hammad_friend Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Dubai, Karachi
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Excuse me, Al Hilal have not robbed anyone from any "Good" striker at all... Saad Al Harthi is struggling since the last match against Iran in WCQ 2010 and he has not impressed at all in his previous club Al Nasr as well as in Al Hilal so far... He is not extra ordinary or cunning striker ...

Al Hilal only have Yousef Al Arabi who is a descent striker while remaining strikers are bunch of average players ... Chirstian Wilhemson is more of an Attacking Mid Fielder than a striker ...

I hope most of Al Hilal fans will agree that Al Hilal is short of any good striker as most of Al Hilal goals are scored by mid-fielders.

18. hammad_friend

hammad_friend Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Dubai, Karachi
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia

No worries, we know how your emotions are running specially because of the current league standing of Al Ittihad ... :p

19. shinović89

shinović89 Member+

May 23, 2010
    Liverfail
    Is Yoo byung soo still playing at al hilal? How is he doing?

20. serro

serro Member

Dec 6, 2009
    Riyadh
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    ^

yes , sadly he is not doing good yet .the whole team isn't doing anyway so he is not the one to blame.

21. hammad_friend

hammad_friend Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Dubai, Karachi
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Al Hilal will not win the league this season.
    The title chase is between Al Ahli & Al Shabab. I do hope Al Ahli wins this time around as when was the last time Al Ahli won the Premier League? 1984? ..

22. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Results-
    Hajer 0-1 Shabab
    Tawoon 1-2 Faysaly
    Hilal 1-0 Nasser
    Ittihad 2-2 Nasser
    Al Qadsiya 0-3 Ahli

23. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    It all depends on Ahli-Ittihad match this week.Shabab-Ittifaq also clash in the same match day.
    So there can be some assumptions that Ittihad may lose just for sake to bring the trophy back to Jeddah or else Ittihad may win to seek revenge for the loss and try to keep up there form they have got.
    Shabab will all out go for win with Ittifaq trying to save some pride in the closing stages of the league.
    In all sense if both Shabab and Ahli lose or draw there respective fixture then Hilal will get a breather and then we can have blood bath in the end..

24. burning_phoneix

Jul 13, 2008
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Al Wehda Mecca
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Ittifaq will want to win to guarantee their ACL spot for next season. This all depends on the next matchday.

IF Shabab lose and Ahli win, it's going down to the final day of the season to decide the champs.

IF Shabab win and Ahli loses, the crown is 99% going to Al Shabab because Al Ansar are gonna find it hard to beat Shabab.

If they both win or lose, it's going to the wire.

No way, Ittihad will fight in this match. They don't want their rivals to win the trophy AND beat them twice in the same season.

25. Saudi64

Saudi64 Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Riyadh KSA
    Club:
    Al Shabab Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Its funny how Ittifaq suddenly decided to not go play their Raed game, on a Sunday, after playing in the Asian tournament on Tuesday or Wednesday. Their next game against Shabab is on Thursday. They decided to cancel because they didn't have tickets to Buraidah, when they already the Buraidah to Dammam tickets ready. And apparently they cancelled it 2 weeks before the game and announced they can't play game just 24 hours before the game. Very fishy, considering they could easily find a flight to Riyadh, and then take a 4 hour bus drive to Buraidah. Of course Ittifaq stated thats too much for their team lol, since their playing 3 games in like 9 games, apparently playing against Lebanse, Maldivian, and Raed is a tough fixture for Ittifaq. Then they claim they have nothing to lose against AlRaed since they dont have a chance for the league, and have secured their position, but then said we have an important game against Shabab on thursday?? Guess AlAhli is desperate for a league, since apparently Ahmed Otaif Shabab's captain has won as much leagues as the entire history of the great club of Ahli.

As long as Shabab can draw against Ahli come the last game, they should win the league. I find it hard for Ahli to defeat Shabab.