Saudi prince looking to buy Tel Aviv hotel

Discussion in 'International News' started by BenReilly, Feb 17, 2007.

1. odessit19

odessit19 Member+

Dec 19, 2004
    My gun safe
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Shame on you:)

2. BenReilly

BenReilly New Member

Apr 8, 2002
    Well...Israel doesn't really have any desire to build hotels in Mecca :) I would like to see the day where Saudis can feel comfortable investing and traveling in Israel and visa versa. I'm confident we (or future generations) will see such a day so long as the region doesn't get vaporized in a nuclear war.

3. valanjak

valanjak BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 14, 2005
    Perspolis
    The last Muslim country I expect to do business with Israel is Saudi Arabia . One prince doesn’t make up the kingdom of Saudi Arabia , 99.9 % of them are against the idea of Israel even existing . I am happy to see you so optimistic about one prince deciding to invest so money in Israel but the truth is that this wont matter and is not newsworthy enough to make a big deal out of .

4. valanjak

Jun 14, 2005
    Perspolis
    Ben if I were you I would defiantly take the non Muslim route :D

[​IMG]

5. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Red Card

Feb 13, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow isn't it sad that such racism still exists in the world?
    Do they have separate bathrooms for non-muslims? Separate drinking fountains?
    Do they have to sit in the back of the bus? Or are they prevented from even getting on buses?

Jerusalem funny that isn't an Arab name for a city is it? Sounds like a Jewish name to me. And that city has been around for how many thousands of years?

So why do some people pretend that Jews are new to the area known as Israel?
    Or that they left and just decided to come back?

Of course if all these silly people would put aside their religious beliefs, and ironic that they are supposed to believe in a loving, forgiving God who calls for peace above all else, and yet they kill in his name, and wage war in his name.

6. JBigjake

JBigjake Member+

Nov 16, 2003
    Makkah = Mecca?
    Is this a new sign, with "Non Moslems" replacing the previous "Infidels"? :D

7. Rostam

Rostam Member

Dec 11, 2005
    So, the Saudis, with all their corruption and support for Al-Queda, is openly willing to sleep with Israel, yet another corrupt construct, in the name of "peace". In order to fully understand this "alliance", we need to use a more digestable analogy.

Imagine you have two buildings that are structurally flawed with shaky foundations. Now, the architect suggests to hook the anthena poles on the roofs with some heavy duty cables as a way of supporting one another. How confident can we be that when one starts to fall it won't take the other down with it???

There is a Persian poem that illustrates this example to the fullest. It basically relays that when a wall is not straight from its foundation, the higher you build the wall [structure] the sooner it will come tumbling down.

Hard times come Let them be
    Mark that stone Who is she?
    Leave this town On your own
    Take this sound To where you roam

If this could ever make you free my love
    Then that’s the way that it should be above
    the sky is telling you to stay inside
    and that’s the way it should be

Watch these men on the ground
    Feel this rain come tumbling down
    All those dreams washed away
    Change your ways let the children play

8. sardus_pater

sardus_pater Member

Mar 21, 2004
    Sardinia Italy EU
    Club:
    Cagliari Calcio
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Arabic is Al-Quds (The Holy).

Even before the israelites got there. Have you ever heard about canaanites?

According to Biblical accounts, the Jebusites, a Canaanite tribe, inhabited the area around the present-day city (under the name Jebus) until the late 11th century BCE. At that point (c. 1000s BCE), the Israelites, led by King David, captured the city, expanded it southward, established it as the capital of the United Kingdom of Israel and Judah (the United Monarchy), and renamed it to its present-day name of Yerushalayim (Jerusalem)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerusalem

Why do some people pretend that palestinians are alien (and new) to the area known as palestine?

Actually if you want to use (and not misuse) history you should be honest in reporting it, many left and 1500 years later decided to go back.

Most of the jews who didn't leave converted to christianism (why do you think the christian communities there are the oldest? Do you think they came from Mars?) and a certain part of the christians became muslims after the land was conquered. A very tiny jewish community remained.

I think you wouldn't be too surprised to know that the population with the most similar DNA to the jews are the palestinians.

I say history is not that important to solve the conflict we are facing now but a good and fair knowledge of history certainly helps in understanding.

http://www.mideastweb.org/briefhistory.htm

9. BenReilly

BenReilly New Member

Apr 8, 2002
    It's about minor, though important, improvements in relations between Israelis and Arabs. This has been a very long process that every decent person should endorse.

It's interesting how strident you have become. If Iran is in fact bombed, I will at least enjoy reading your posts.

10. valanjak

Jun 14, 2005
    Perspolis
    I think you will enjoy a lot of things if Iran gets bombed

11. BenReilly

BenReilly New Member

Apr 8, 2002
    Yeah, it would be so much fun :rolleyes:

12. daisrael

daisrael Red Card

Sep 20, 2006
    Dayton
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If Iran gets bombed it will be because of their own doing.
    The US has stated what would happen for them to attack Iran.
    If they try to make Nuclear Weapons, or if Iran is directly tied to an attack on US troops in Iraq. It's all on Iran if they want to have peace or not.

13. Nick_78

Nick_78 New Member

May 9, 2004
    VA
    Club:
    DC United
    I know this girl, kind of strange family, her name is Iran. Sometimes when she drinks she has a habit of taking off her shirt and showing off the really sweet tits she has.

Man, I love it when Iran gets bombed.

14. Akhenaton

Akhenaton Red Card

Feb 10, 2007
    Marseille/Melbourne
    Couldn't say it better myself. Repped.

/leftovers.

15. Rostam

Rostam Member

Dec 11, 2005

You can be sure that I will equally enjoy your posts when Israel is no more.

16. Rostam

Rostam Member

Dec 11, 2005
    Thank you for the positive comment, although, your positive rep was negated by childish neg-rep of others, and I know who it is. The importance of this analogy is most similar to the political atmospher in the wider world.

17. odessit19

odessit19 Member+

Dec 19, 2004
    My gun safe
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Don't hold your breath, or do - either way....

18. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How the thread about investment became a Iran gets bombed, Israel gets wiped off the face of the earth thread I'm not quite sure. Well, guess that's not true - I have been around the International News forum for more than a few days! :)

On topic will be welcome here . . .

19. BenReilly

BenReilly New Member

Apr 8, 2002
    Let him hold his breath. ;)

20. BenReilly

BenReilly New Member

Apr 8, 2002
    I can't wait for the nuclear armageddon thread. We need to convince IM to move back to America so he can be a part of the fun.

Back on topic, if there is a nuclear war, I would definitely advise AGAINST buying hotels in Tel Aviv.

21. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Red Card

Feb 13, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would stay away from most of the ME. Unless of course the US figures out how to build a Pure Fusion bomb. Thankfully that is only Sci-Fi at the moment.

22. Rostam

Rostam Member

Dec 11, 2005
    Unfortuately many people are naive enough to think that if ME goes up the smoke, Europe and N. America will be still fine. If there should be a nuclear war, we could easily see 200-300 nukes being blasted. If you do a bit of research you will realize how fast the entire planet earth will become un-inhabitable just after about 100 nukes.

23. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Red Card

Feb 13, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow, where would those 2-300 nukes come from? As for your other statement, why don't you show some proof of this 100 nukes will make the Earth uninhabitable. Especially when you consider that a volcano eruption, such as the Mt. St. Helens in the early 80's was thousands of times more powerful than the Hiroshima Bomb.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1980_eruption_of_Mount_St._Helens

24. Rostam

Rostam Member

Dec 11, 2005
    I will search for "links". But perhaps the cloud's chemical composition is the cause of the blockage of sunshine completely, and again based on some writings, it could create another ice age mixed with toxic substances.

25. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Red Card

Feb 13, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's an interesting premise, but I don't think 100 nukes would do it. The impact in Siberia of that comet, I don't think they know for sure what it was, had as much, if not more explosive power then Mt. St. Helens, and if we are talking about substance in the atmosphere, a Volcano, as we see, can put thousands of nuke eq. of dust into the atmosphere.