Saudi Daily News Thread Part II

Discussion in 'Saudi Arabia' started by burning_phoneix, Nov 5, 2011.

1. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    What if KSA draws with Australia and Thailand wins against Oman?
    Both teams will be locked 7 points in this scenario.Who will qualify?

2. HiJazzey

HiJazzey Member

Jan 29, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nothing. He'll appreciate that you didn't succumb to the bidaa of celebrating birthdays ;) j/k

3. hammad_friend

hammad_friend Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Dubai, Karachi
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia

Saudi have to qualify based on goal difference + head-to-head result

4. burning_phoneix

Jul 13, 2008
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Al Wehda Mecca
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    I thought this was funny:

[​IMG]

I hope Rijkaard stays but I doubt he will.

5. Team Melli forever

Jul 11, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    LOL @ Al Johar's cartoon, joke of the century if he takes over from Rijkaard

6. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Did Nawaf also resigned along with the board of directors of SAFF?
    But it is 100% confirmed that the board of directors of SAFF has resigned but not only sure of Nawaf.

7. burning_phoneix

Jul 13, 2008
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Al Wehda Mecca
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    I can confirm that Nawaf has also resigned as head of SAFF. They are going to have an election soon to appoint a new chief.

8. hammad_friend

hammad_friend Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Dubai, Karachi
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    I hope the "Royals" don't interfere in these elections and IT WILL BE BEST IF EX-SAUDI PLAYER BECOMES THE HEAD OF SAUDI FA E.G., MAJID ABDULLA OR YOUSEF OR SAMI OR JAWAD, ETC.

9. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    The most probable candidate is Hilals president Abdul Rahman Musad.For sure its going to happen.

10. burning_phoneix

Jul 13, 2008
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Al Wehda Mecca
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    I know one of the Nasr princes has thrown his hat into the ring. Can't remember who exactly though.

11. hammad_friend

hammad_friend Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Dubai, Karachi
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    When is the election ?

Moreover, What's NEXT ??? ... What's the next tournament Saudis should focus to build on now ???

Hope Saudi Re-Build strongest team and Play all possible friendly matches on any date irrespective if its a FIFA date or not !!!

This is the right time to focus on Vision to build strongest team from Asia and work towards the Missions of Winning all elite tournaments in Asia + Qualify & Perform Best in the World Cup and similar FIFA tournaments !!!

12. allan123

allan123 Red Card

Aug 4, 2005
    I am not sure Hammad,but I think Saudi Arabia has two friendly games in the next months, one against Chile and other against Argentina, both Games in Ryad.

13. Tom_Heywood

Tom_Heywood New Member

Jan 7, 2012
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Wales
    I have just read the last few pages to as I'm curious about how Frank is doing as your manager, and it seems that you Saudis are trying to emulate the English FA and team. Your boardroom is apparently in chaos after resignations, Rijkaard appears to be in danger of losing his job according to a few comments, and the domestic clubs are messing about with releasing players for games. It all sounds so familiar to me, though I doubt any of your players are having affairs with each others' wives and getting in drunken fights at 4 am.

Oh, and is there any talk of the Saudis following the likes of Qatar and looking to buy a high profile club? If so, they'd be welcome with open arms at my club Blackburn. All they have to do is get rid of the current owners completely,sack the manager and install a competent board room that will be allowed to run the club.

14. burning_phoneix

Jul 13, 2008
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Al Wehda Mecca
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Right now, we have absolutely no information regarding Rijkaard. I hope he stays on though.

I've never heard of a problem with clubs releasing players for the NT. That just doesn't happen in Saudi Arabia, it would be a huge scandal if it did.

15. Tom_Heywood

Tom_Heywood New Member

Jan 7, 2012
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Wales
    Has Saudi Arabia played a game with him in charge yet? If for some reason he is not in favour, well I'd welcome him managing my team.

I mentioned the players, as there was something on page 15 about a player only being released for a couple of days.

16. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    He was incharge of around 8-9 games and managed only 1 official win and 2 unofficial wins.
    And about the player who was released for couple of days was yasser qahtani as he dont play in saudi league so the club he is playing for followed the fifa rules and released him 5days prior to the match date.
    And lastly, he wont be interested in coaching your club as he has better offer to coach Chelsea FC.

17. burning_phoneix

Jul 13, 2008
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Al Wehda Mecca
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    His first official match was the 3-1 loss to Australia IIRC.

Qualification for the AFC Asian Cup 2015 starts soon. Should get ready for that.

18. Tom_Heywood

Tom_Heywood New Member

Jan 7, 2012
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Wales

Sadly that highlighted bit is very true indeed. The current owners of my club would probably annouce he's coming............and then replace our current manager with an Argentinian chicken farmer called Jose because he is cheap and willing to fly to India to kiss the owners bum.

Anyway, I have a suspicion that he may go to Chelsea. A good outside bet if you were into that sort of thing. His Saudi record looks pretty average though.

19. allan123

allan123 Red Card

Aug 4, 2005
    One Question My Saudi Friends.:)

ANY NEWS ABOUT FRANK RIJKARD,

MY PERSONAL OPINION
    HE IS A GOOD COACH AND NEED MORE OPPORTUNITY IN YOUR TEAM.

20. serro

serro Member

Dec 6, 2009
    Riyadh
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    What nawaf resigned where have I been?
    Who is gonna be chief?

Keep Frank!

21. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Everything is dead silence in the FA now.No news or rumours from anywhere.But mostly Rijkaard will stay as long as the new committe is not headed by crap.

22. burning_phoneix

Jul 13, 2008
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Al Wehda Mecca
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia

Elections are gonna be held in June for the new Head of the FA.

23. hammad_friend

hammad_friend Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Dubai, Karachi
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia

Fuc_ing, As_Hol_s, they should hold the election immediately and get the FA going on War-Footing !!! ... :mad:

Waiting till June for what ??

24. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    Waiting till June would give them the excuse needed if they have a poor Arab Nations Cup.

25. burning_phoneix

Jul 13, 2008
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Al Wehda Mecca
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    The resignation was abrupt and suprising.

They have to give time for candidates to come forward and organize their campaigns.

You can't just say OKAY NEW FA HEAD VOTE NOW WITH NO INFORMATION WHATSOEVER!