Saudi Daily News Thread Part II

Discussion in 'Saudi Arabia' started by burning_phoneix, Nov 5, 2011.

1. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    We should give chances to the legends. Late 90s and early 2000 players were skilled and talented...They know what are the problems in FA and in the NT. I know they cant be much successfull but given a chance they can do wonder. Sami , Yousef Thnyan , Nawaf Temyat, Hamzah Idrees and many more can actually be good trainers.

2. Balam

Balam Red Card

May 30, 2013
    Club:
    Jaguares de Chiapas FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

Yeah our NT team has been garbage. I think they played Molina RB in his last game with the NT even though his club position is CM.

I had forgotten that Borgetti played for Al-Ittihad.

I read that it was just a misunderstanding. Previously the Mexican press reported that as per the Saudi media (goal.com), Al-Hilal were interested in Jesus Zavala who plays for C.F. Monterrey - whom have been trying to break into the Arab market too.

Molina is 6'1, 25 years old, plays several positions; CB, DM, CM. In Club America he plays CM. He's known to be a physical player and somewhat technical but not very fast. He's good at set pieces and winning the ball but does not know how to hold possession. It seem's that Club America are trying to break away from traditional Mexican Football and have been implementing a more physical English style through long passes and rushing forward. It's been killing the midfield in my opinion and Molina hasn't been the same since his Tigres days but that's the beauty of Mexican futbol, every team has their style.

Check it.....

By the looks of the comments it seems that some of your country men are aware of this rumor

Aimar 21 repped this.
  3. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    One of the best players in history Mohd Khilawai passed away in Jeddah..

4. Coach2007

Coach2007 Member

Jun 29, 2012
    Rio (Rehab)
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Allah Yarhammu. May Allah have mercy on his soul and provide patience to his family during this difficult time.

5. Aimar 21

Aimar 21 Member+

Jan 27, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    So Nasser Alshamrani is set to join Hilal. If the numbers are accurate in this article does that mean he cost Hilal 36 million SR? I read in other articles it'll be around 42 millions!:eek:
    http://www.alriyadh.com/2013/06/26/article846965.html

Nasser is an absolutely fantastic striker, but considering his disciplinary issues, age (29 years old), and the low marketing revenues of Saudi clubs, these figures are ridiculously insane.

I know that even the global football market has in inflated transfers fees but the quality is there and the clubs can recoup a reasonable proportions of the fees paid through merchandising and marketing contracts, Saudi clubs are at no where near that level.

Does the on-field performance alone really justify these prices?!

6. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Its not in any field. As I said before clubs like Hilal and Nasser buy players just to buy ..Its nothing much worth of talking about. You score three-four goals in the beginning of the season and 2-3 more before the transfer I bet you are chased by Nasser or Hilal what ever your age might be. Why the hell on earth Hilal wants Yousef Salem, Qahatani and now Nasser to play in there squad. Just to attract the crowds in the mathces..??
    Hilal bought Eisa, dumped him and spoiled his carrer, Saad harthi was another victim ..Same goes with Nasser too..Abdul Rahman Qahtani is no where to be seeen in the picture along with Abdul Aziz Saran..
    I want FA to regulate the transfer budget of these clubs so that they donot rob best players from the small teams and spoil there lifestyle buy paying more than deserved and eventually spoiling there career..

7. Aimar 21

Aimar 21 Member+

Jan 27, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I get what you are implying although I disagree on some of the names, Yousef Alsalem is a very good striker and with Wesley and Lee leaving and if no foreign striker will be brought then 2 top strikers (or even 3 if Sami is thinking about 4-2-2 formation) is needed for the coming season.

Alharethi wasn't signed to be a starter and I'm sure he knew it, a six-months to 1 year contract to a 28 year old striker coming from Nassr bench after struggling to regain his form back isn't really a carrier-spoiling step for a player that's is not expected to get more playing minutes than the 2 foreign strikers and the captain to be honest. I think he was offered these slim chances and he accepted it, unlike Eisa Almehayani's case which I agree with that club could and should have get more out of him while I'm still unhappy with his price though.

I really want something to be done regarding these absurd transfers fees but I know it's very difficult to find a solution that makes all players, agents, and clubs satisfied.

There were some discussions about setting a maximum value to be spent on one player, but many agents (no shock) spoke loudly that it's gonna only let the stars move abroad (UAE, Qatar) instead of staying here for less amount of money.

8. Aimar 21

Aimar 21 Member+

Jan 27, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Alshabab have signed N.Hazzazi for reportedly 25 millions SR.

How many season were left in his contract with Ittihad? Ittihad's got only 5 millions (if the rumored numbers are correct).

9. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Again , ittihad is now without strikers..An Expected move from Naif but good to see he choosed to play football over fame if he had joined Nasser. Next is Osamah in the line ..Go Ittihad sell all the players and ruin the club..

10. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia

He did not lose the form anytime I beleive. He played better than Yasser when ever he got chance . The only problem was he missed out the place in the team when he got injured and Sahlawi ruined his career. He did not get enough time to play after his return...

11. Aimar 21

Aimar 21 Member+

Jan 27, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Osamah was and I think he should not be for sale. These young players have bright future ahead of them but Itti need a couple of experienced players to help the team in the rough times.
    Osamah and Kariri are the ones to be counted on since they are still among the best players in the league at their positions.

Regarding Saad, believe me I don't want such a talent to be forgotten, but as a player coming back from a long absence of playing due to injury (6 or 8 months) what he needs the most is playing time, he didn't get it at Nassr and remain at the bench for a couple of months so there was no way he is going to have those minutes competing with Yasser, Wesly, and Yoo in Hilal, therefor he didn't have a noted impact on the team.

It's very difficult for him to get back to the player he was. That's why I wanted him to join Ittifaq or Fateh who would probably give him the chance without the extra pressure at the big clubs, then if he made statement with the mentioned clubs Hilal and the rest will knock his door to get him.

12. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Rabeaa Sufyani and Abdul Raheem Jizawi to Nasser officially .. And now if they dont win the matches Nasser should be banned from the League.. Yahya Shehri, Noor, Autef and now Jizawi plus 2 Brazilain imports. The team is decked up in the coming season. But the the question remains, should FA regulate the signings for each team.
    Ittihad have signed Brazilian Bonfim Leonard.
    Hilal have signed Korean Cho Sung-Hwan

13. Aimar 21

Aimar 21 Member+

Jan 27, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yeah Nassr ha assembled their best squad of players in the last decade in my opinion, whether they will start winning titles again is remained to be seen but I think they will end the league in higher position than the previous season, and they may have a real shot this time at crown prince cup.

14. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Crown Prince Cup is good for nothing..I wish they had participated in Arab Champions League
    But seriously I still cant see them winning any title.

15. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Is it true Saleh Sehri got offer from Athletico Madrid and unsurprisingly Ahli rejected it..

16. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    OSN Cup-

KSA 0-1 Newzealand

17. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Another defeat -
    KSA 1- 3 Trinidad and Tobago

18. Aimar 21

Aimar 21 Member+

Jan 27, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Without searching about it I think it's similar to Naif Hazzazi to Sevilla. Total bullshit. :D

19. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Saudi Team for Iraq to be played in Amman -
    أسامه هوساوي , عبدالله المعيوف , تيسير الجاسم , علي الزبيدي , وليد باخشوين , مصطفى بصاص , كامل الموسى , منصور الحربي , ماجد المرشدي , ناصر الشمراني , نواف العابد , ياسر الشهراني , سالم الدوسري , سعود كريري , فهد المولد , فواز القرني , أحمد عسيري , مختار فلاته , ابراهيم غالب , عمر هوساوي , شايع شراحيلي , يحيى الشهري , وليد عبدالله , نايف هزازي , حسن معاذ , حمدان الحمدان

20. hammad_friend

hammad_friend Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Dubai, Karachi
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Who's the Attacking Mid-Field?... Should not have left Ahmad Al Faraidi and Abdouh Autef behind. Why Saudi FA always drops talented players?... The same mistake they did way back in 1996 to 1998 when they dropped one of the greatest players "Fahad Al Gheshyan". Anyhow, this is the team we should be cheering for now.

21. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Isnt Fahad Muwallad, Abed, Sehri , Bassas are in attacking midfield...

22. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    I have a question.. need someone to kill my curiosity.

Are there any players who play in Europe with Saudi background?? A grandparent or parent? Or in general are there any players playing abroad away from the Middle East.

23. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    There are some who plays in MLS and one in German League with Saudi background.
    We have couple of players playing in Portugese league.

24. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia

25. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia