Saudi Daily News Thread Part II

Discussion in 'Saudi Arabia' started by burning_phoneix, Nov 5, 2011.

1. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    GULF CUP DRAW-
    G 1-Qatar, Oman, Bahrain, UAE
    G2 - KSA , Iraq , Kuwait and Yemen

2. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Second high profile friendly in a row..This time against Argertina..I dont know why I feel theres something fishy going on..Saudi FA know that the team will lose heavily at home that too plus the embaressment..Even Rijkaard has taken of the hands by saying this match is not part of Gulf Cup preparations..then y call big teams n lose at home and start blaming the team coach etc etc..

3. hammad_friend

hammad_friend Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Dubai, Karachi
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Because the FA wants to fire Rijkaard ... Moreover, with no offense to any Saudi Player, the present National Team of Saudi Arabia contains mostly A Team players who are not match-winners and only filling up the slots ... Does Sahlawi and Ahmed Autef deserve spots in Saudi National Team when there are many other extremely efficient and effective players in many clubs in Saudi Arabia ? ... The Saudi Goal Keeper of 2007 Asian Cup has hardly played any competitive match in National Colours and frankly, I feel he is far more better than any other Goal Keepers including present Saudi Goal Keeper Abdullah ...

If Rijkaard is brave and if he has slightest idea that FA is after him ... And If I were in Rijkaard's place ... I would have given chance to all those players who show passion as well as possess the right skills, Pace, and eager to excel ... and would have told them that the 90 minutes of time is All What They Have Left ... Every One Believes that you will lose and will lose by many goals so you don't have to prove them wrong by defending the goal post ... NO .... Just go there and "Attack" from the 1st whistle of the game ... Don't wait for opposite team player to come over you ... Don't let the opposite team player to do something ... Don't Wait for Opposing player to make a MOVE ... Instead, You move, You make the Movement, You keep on chasing the player who have the ball... You keep running the ball and Shoot at the Goal upon 1st Sight ... Hit the Target no matter if its directly going to the Goal Keeper ... Register Shots on Target ... Don't be afraid of opposing player that he might trick you, daudge you, dribble past by you ... this is part of the game but you just have to remain focus on keeping the opposing player in check and steal the ball from him as and whenever you can and pass to Front Players, not Defenders.... Play your Heart Out as if this is the Only chance you are going to get to play for your team and for your National Pride ... You are afraid of opposition players because you feel that they play far more better than you but No, you are wrong ... They have 02 legs, you have 02 legs... they have 02 hands, you have 02 hands ... They play with the books, you play with the books... the only difference is that they play with a belief in their ability while you play with belief in their ability but unaware of your own flare inside that is far more best when you play with you heart and with a far above belief in your own ability and a fact that You can Do the Unthinkable and Play far more than your restricted ability ... Just go out there and play as if this is the time to show what you are capable of doing when your Country, your Nation, Your Loved ones wants you ... Play to Play at the top of the game ... Not fearing of losing ... If you lose then Lose with Pride that you did more than what you could have had done ... So Just go out there and Just Do It !!!....

Messi is such a small sized player yet every team in the world is scared of him because he plays as illustrated above... Saudi Players should follow his example when they play any big match... Saudi Team should also focus on Off-Side Traps specially during Fouls and Set-Pieces, specially during matches against Japan & both Korean Local & National Teams.

I Just wish that someone from the Saudi FA reads above statements.

4. Hilali from bangladesh

Aug 23, 2012
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    new start for saudi national team.............................:D..................................................luvin it......

5. hammad_friend

hammad_friend Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Dubai, Karachi
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Bravo ... Gr8 display by Saudi Arabia ... I liked Saudi # 7 and 18, these guys really played well... Also Saudi # 2 was fine in tonights game ... However, Ahmed Autef was again below Saudi Football standards ...

Argentina's backline was Solid, Pacy, Tall than any Saudi National Team Player ...

Moataz Al Moosa was not to be seen in tonights game but overall ... It was a Great Team Effort and Waleed Abdullah did the Rigth Actions by Anticipating where the Cross might Come and specially by coming out of his area on many occasions to deny Messi and other Argentinian players any chance of scoring... Bravo to him above all.

6. PinoyMarauder

PinoyMarauder Member

Apr 10, 2008
    Philippines/Canada
    Anyone who thinks Saudi arabia has the chance to even come out of their current situation is lying to themselves or just plainly don't understand the fact, that you can't fix a problem if you're not fixing the root of the problem.

Saudi Arabian FA will always be controlled by the Royal family, they do what they want and when they want. The reality of the matter is that, they might end up being relevent in Asia again, but SK,Australia and japans has progressed so much due to their great managment and decision making.

Do you honestly think a saudi prince would ever admit mistake? Do you honestly think they would ever give the FA to a non-royal family or a puppet of the royal family?

I mean no disrespect, but the FA is incompetent and most likely the worse FA out of countires that actually have potential to make it big or at least relevant.

The problem will never be fixed. Not in my lifetimes not in a 100 years tbh..You guys are all chained up but your pathetic monrachs. This FA thing is just simply a chore for them..like the big brother cleaning the lawn or something. LOL. Reality my friends..I'm sorry but that is the truth.

LOL Argentina getting 2 million dollars out of that game. Seriously the FA is so fcked up. They are treating the saudis like kids and they are falling for it like little kids too..HAHA i'm sorry but this is just pathetic.

7. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Went to the match yesteray..Had a an amazing experience..Saudi played good and could have scored on many occasions. The only thing the teaam was lacking physical fitness compared to the argertinian players.

8. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    I cant understand one thing on all the BS members when it comes to blame the FA when the topic of Saudi NT comes.. I mean to say where the hell and who the hell was controlling the FA when we had golden period. It were the same people who were running the team. But why now suddenly blaming the FA..??

serro repped this.
  9. PinoyMarauder

PinoyMarauder Member

Apr 10, 2008
    Philippines/Canada
    Wow, your saudi yet you dont really understand your own sports history. Are you telling me the FA and the NT is not connected? LOL you got to be kidding me right? Do you realize that the same FA you're praising in the past is the same that disallowed the Talented generation of the 90s to play in Europe?

I'm sorry but i'm not going to go on with you on this one as you obviously don't think enough to know the problem. 30 Coaches in 22 years. Enough Said..They are even scheming to get rijkard out of the team now as Hammad pointed out. If you don't think the FA is behind all these problems you need to think for yourslef maybe even once.

paying 2 million dollars for a friendly. Terrible Managment, just terrible.

10. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    When did i say FA and the team is not related. Even though they did not play in europe they were great enough. I dont think they want Rijkaard out. if they can change 22 coaches in 22 years then firing Rijakkard is not a big deal for them and they have enuf reasons for it. And now if youthink they dont want to pay him the compensation amount then thats wage reason coz Saudi FA has already paid enough compensation to the no. of coaches they changed, then giving away Rijaakrd is not again a big deal. What I feel now is the team is playing quite better now since Rijkaard has joined. So I wish he can sttay till another upset.

11. PinoyMarauder

PinoyMarauder Member

Apr 10, 2008
    Philippines/Canada
    :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

This is the reason why those Monarchs get everything and do anything they want without the fear of repercussion.

Can't stop laughing tbh.

12. HiJazzey

HiJazzey Member

Jan 29, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    SMH at this retarded argument :rolleyes:
    Look, nobody disagrees that our FA is incompetent but come on now.

In the absence of competitive matches, these friendlies are absolutely necessary. Paying big money to play the likes of Spain and Argentina may be overkill, but the fact remains our players got some much needed match practice against good opposition. This is particularly beneficial to our up and coming players that rijkaard to his credit is bringing into the team.

For once, it does feel like there's some team building going on at the NT. He's doing a good job and barring a good job offer elsewhere he's not going anywhere, our FA know it would be difficult to replace him as few good managers want to coach Saudi.

Now let's talk about the game...

While it's hard to read too much into the match, as it lacked the tempo and aggression of a real competitive match is was still useful.

In defence, the back 4 looked as solid as I've seen the Saudi team, although a big part of that is thanks to the shielding provided by the DMs particularly Mo'taz al-Moussa. Both fullbacks looked good. We should stick with them.

In midfield, Mo'taz was excellent. Kept things clean and tidy. Salman al Faraj on the right cought the eye. He and Sultan al Bishi worked together well. Nawaf al-Abed was in and out of the game.

Up front Fahad al-Muwallad has IMO pretty much imposed himself in the starting lineup. Although some of his decision making exposed his inexperience, he showed great promise (and moreover: commitment) and he can only get better. But he needs a classical centre-forward to play off. I'm not sure if Nasser al-Shamrani was the man, although he worked hard.

In short, we have some good players coming through. If Rijkaard keeps working on them the team has a lot of promise.

13. PinoyMarauder

PinoyMarauder Member

Apr 10, 2008
    Philippines/Canada
    Well judging by ittihadis post, he disagrees. And, I'm fairly positive a good amount of Saudis don't blame the FA either. There's alot of other asian teams out their that they could have played in preparation for the Asian cup without throwing 2 million dollars in the game. Watching the game, the Argentinians treated this game like a formality, there was no competitve spirit out there and not even a desire to play ball. An Asian team or an african team would have been better and you could have used the 2 million for better reasons.

There really is no reason for that game to have happened except maybe the fans. I admit, I like the rijkard singing, despite getting eliminated in the world cup but weather or not he stays for another 5- years remains to be seen. I imagine Rijakrd would get the same treatment as Calderon if he fails bigtime on the gulf cup or something irrelevant despite getting this team into the right direction. Saudi FA is gonna saudi FA.

This still gets me every-time. :ROFLMAO:..The professionalism.

14. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
  15. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Fraidy to Ittihad..

16. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
  17. PinoyMarauder

PinoyMarauder Member

Apr 10, 2008
    Philippines/Canada
    I believe he has two goals now, and finally made the starting linup. out of the 10 games, he has only played 3

They cant seem to pronounce his last name, so they call him javier. LOL

18. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
  19. serro

serro Member

Dec 6, 2009
    Riyadh
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    do u know whom to blame ? the fans ! the fans in Saudi Arabia take football too srsly ... come on guys it's just entertainment ... if the Saudi NT*1 cant entertain you then go watch a movie or something ...we had enough heart attacks on the stadium ...

20. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
    Saudi Arabia 2-1 Zambia

21. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Prelimnary Team for Gulf Cup -
    وليد عبدالله , ياسر المسيليم , خالد شراحيلي , عبدالله العويشير , أسامه المولد , أسامه هوساوي , كامل الموسى , عقيل بلغيث , بدر النخلي , منصور الحربي , سلطان البيشي , خالد الغامدي , أحمد عسيري , معتز الموسى , تيسير الجاسم , مصطفى بصاص , حسين المقهوي , ياسر الشهراني , ابراهيم غالب , سعود كريري , سلمان الفرج , أحمد عطيف , عبدالعزيز الدوسري , عبدالمجيد الرويلي , سلطان البرقان , يحيى الشهري , نواف العابد , يوسف السالم , نايف هزازي , ناصر الشمراني , محمد السهلاوي , عيسى المحياني عبدالرحيم الجيزاوي , فهد المولد , ربيع سفياني.

22. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    How is the new Saudi FA president..Any one has any info on him..

23. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Final Team for the Gulf Cup-
    منصور الحربي , معتز الموسى , تيسير الجاسم , مصطفى بصاص , كامل الموسى , عيسى المحياني , سلطان البيشي , سلمان الفرج , ياسر القحطاني , ياسر الشهراني , خالد شراحيلي , سالم الدوسري , سعود كريري , أسامه المولد , فهد المولد , احمد عسيري , بدر النخلي , حسين المقهوي , عبدالله العويشير ، وليد عبدالله , ناصر الشمراني , أحمد عطيف , ابراهيم غالب , محمد السهلاوي , خالد الزيلعي , يحيى الشهري , يوسف السالم ، أسامه هوساوي....

24. hammad_friend

hammad_friend Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Dubai, Karachi
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    I thought Yaser Al Qahtani retired from International Football after failing to qualify in the 4th round of FIFA WC Qualifier ... Anyways, its good to see him back in the squad.

Also, Abdouh Autef should be back in the squad as well ... I don't know why he is always left behind from the Saudi National Team....

This is also a great opportunity for Saad Al Harthi to play in Al Hilal's 1st Team and show his skills and talent... He is really down for many years now since he last scored against Iran in WC2010 qualifier ... He needs to improve his quick passing & movement skills. He has an eye for goal and also shots & heads well towards the goal post where he needs to concentrate on heading between the goal post and the goal keeper (not directly at the goal keeper which is the case in his play).

Good Luck to Saudi National Team as this is a very strong squad IMO, and it will be good preparation for the game against China in Riyadh as well which is due to be played on 06.Feb.2013

All the Best!

25. Hilali from bangladesh

Aug 23, 2012
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    any saud player moving abroad in this winter transfer windoe?