Santos vs Monterrey:Mexico Apertura Final

Discussion in 'Monterrey' started by Knight of Malta, Dec 2, 2010.

1. THOMA GOL

THOMA GOL BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 16, 1999
    Frontier
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll raise up and admit that the words he expressed had me second guessing where his dedication truly was when it came to Monterrey at the time. I'm not sure it would be a 'crowable' offense however.:eek:

2. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Can't disagree with you guys: it did seem like Suazo was not very interested in playing or giving it his "all" when he first got there. 'That said, you guys will agree with me that that Monterrey team was nowhere near as good as the current one.

Come on: Arévalo Ríos was on it and back then he sucked ass (as opposed to how he played at the WC). There was that Argie CB who was awful (forget his name); Carlos Ochoa: one of the worst players I've ever seen in the Mexican league, etc.

Btw, 'Ace: you're right--Independiente was after Suazo when it seemed like he would dip from Monterrey.

3. Yo_soy_rayado5

Jun 16, 2006
    El Norte
    the key to these two titles
    ayovi suazo and denigris. also finally a stable keeper curse christian martinez!!!!
    suazo and aldo feed off of eachother great. aldo de poste back to suazo is a sick combo, he gives him tons of space
    cardozo still has tons left in the tank

4. Yo_soy_rayado5

Jun 16, 2006
    El Norte
    also nobody has mentioned the use of 7 of our canteranos
    JONATHAN-HIRAM MIER-YUCA PAREDES-SEVERO MEZA- JESUS ZAVALA - HECTOR MORALES Y ALDO DE'NIGRIS

5. jinx_htx

jinx_htx Member

Feb 23, 2004
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Suazo is a beast. The first game was kinda close but the second leg Mty pretty much dominated from start to finish. This Rayados team is truly something special.

6. Mr. P Mosh

Mr. P Mosh Member+

Aug 10, 2009
    Monterrey, NL, Mex
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Respuesta: Re: Santos vs Monterrey:Mexico Apertura Final

Antonio De Nigris was a Monterrey canterano, Aldo was formed at Tigres (he was scouted from UANL's high school teams thought). ;D