Santos official thread. (r)

Discussion in 'Club Santos Laguna' started by toot86, Jul 22, 2002.

1. Dr. Deplorable

Dr. Deplorable Member+

Mar 31, 2007
    Kansas
    Julio Salas.. a kid from the U-20

2. Vinodivino

Vinodivino Member+

May 31, 2010
    Club:
    Club Santos Laguna
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Correct. On the left is Escoboza; that's Julio Salas on the right. I was mostly referring to Escoboza, though. :p

3. Vinodivino

Vinodivino Member+

May 31, 2010
    Club:
    Club Santos Laguna
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  4. Golashole

Golashole Member

Aug 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Count me in! We should have our own sub forum.

Just left Gomez earlier today. I'll be in San Antonio for a couple days and I should make it back to la laguna by Sunday to catch the game.

5. Dr. Deplorable

Dr. Deplorable Member+

Mar 31, 2007
    Kansas
    Aaaand there is the 5th. Lessssgoooooo

6. santo

santo Member

Sep 4, 2008
    Denver
    Club:
    Club Santos Laguna
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Sucks that we would match up with Leon in the quarterfinals.

7. Golashole

Golashole Member

Aug 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Yeah that does... I wish we would of played lanus at home first... I know we get the home leg 2nd which is advantageous but i'll be in Gomez for the next 10 days or so. I think I'm gonna go to the game tomorrow.

8. Dr. Deplorable

Dr. Deplorable Member+

Mar 31, 2007
    Kansas
    idk what it is about that team but they have our number, nobody on our team looks as good as always against them

9. Vinodivino

Vinodivino Member+

May 31, 2010
    Club:
    Club Santos Laguna
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I'm a little late to the party. I'm currently enjoying my Spring Break so I haven't had much time to post. I'll let DGreat know, but it would have been nice to have @#1Keeper sign in as well for that extra insurance run, if you know what I mean. ;)

It amuses me that our "B" team is so bad, that it seems like we have no B team at all. More like, we go from the A squad directly to the D squad.

As for Leon, it's complete CONMEBOL BS shenanigans, but I'm not too worried about facing them. While it's true they've had our number recently, we are much more at ease now playing under the 4 - 3 - 3. The last time we met, we were in the beginning stages of our current formation, and was the first time Renteria started on the left. His [Renteria] and Ribair's emergence, plus the new formation have coincided with the teams recent success. We can't forget about how godawful the team was in the first half of the season.

Game against Atlante is tonight at 7 pm CST.

10. Dr. Deplorable

Dr. Deplorable Member+

Mar 31, 2007
    Kansas
    Ahhh like the good old Corona days as God himself intended... Sunday evenings aren't the same without them:(

Vinodivino repped this.
  11. #1Keeper

#1Keeper Member+

Feb 7, 2004
    Count me in. Let's see if we could get a sub-forum up and going.

12. Golashole

Golashole Member

Aug 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Are we missing baloy that bad? We have been getting scored on kind of a lot...

its cool to see everyone on board for the sub forum. What are the next steps?

13. Vinodivino

Vinodivino Member+

May 31, 2010
    Club:
    Club Santos Laguna
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    We should get a response later today.

Yes. It was a mistake to let him go and rely on the return of Lacerda to patch-up his absence. Even at his worse, Baloy is better than Lacerda. We should have purchased a stud CB.

14. Golashole

Golashole Member

Aug 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Yeah I wasn't that thrilled about la marrana coming back... neither was anyone I spoke to here in Gomez. It was seen as a joke. The new owners are making shit decisions (so far anyway).

Honestly I didn't expect this season to go so well (with respect to libertadores and placement in liga). Moving forward, the future of the club (in the next few years) with these owners seems kinda scary.

Dr. Deplorable and shinymetalbrass repped this.
  15. shinymetalbrass

shinymetalbrass Member+

Jan 22, 2012
    US
    Club:
    Club Santos Laguna
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Agreed about Lacerda, that one just made me scratch my head. Didnt really mind Baloy moving on though.

Lots of stupid decisions the last few years.

Herrera was a horrible buy. Wasnt a fan of letting go Candido and Ludueña. Cejas is good but only in short bursts before he gets tired.

Dr. Deplorable repped this.
  16. Golashole

Golashole Member

Aug 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I agree... I didnt like how Baloy was playing when they got rid of him. The Ludueña sale was horseshit. Ludueña is a badass... played with heart every game... bad ass passes.

Pinche directiva de mierda.

17. Vinodivino

Vinodivino Member+

May 31, 2010
    Club:
    Club Santos Laguna
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    The time to linger in our very own sub-forum is nigh. We did it, boys.

[​IMG]

AMLO2018, LGRod, #1Keeper and 2 others repped this.
  18. shinymetalbrass

shinymetalbrass Member+

Jan 22, 2012
    US
    Club:
    Club Santos Laguna
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    lol

LGRod repped this.
  19. shinymetalbrass

shinymetalbrass Member+

Jan 22, 2012
    US
    Club:
    Club Santos Laguna
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    hell yeah ludueña was great, even of he was getting older . Them freekicks. Him and Guti hurt the most.

20. shinymetalbrass

shinymetalbrass Member+

Jan 22, 2012
    US
    Club:
    Club Santos Laguna
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    we just had to let in that last minute goal :(

1-1 would have been great

21. DGreat

DGreat Moderator
    Staff Member

CD Guadalajara
    Mexico
    Oct 5, 2007
    El Ombligo
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Congrats on the Sub Forum thanks to VinoDivino for approaching me and getting members to commit to the thread, just to let you know I am the moderator of the club forums so if you all need anything let me know. Any trolls just report them and we will take care of them quickly.

shinymetalbrass and Vinodivino repped this.
  22. santo

santo Member

Sep 4, 2008
    Denver
    Club:
    Club Santos Laguna
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Subz! Feel like home already!

It's called FOOTBALL repped this.
  23. FC PORTO BGC

FC PORTO BGC Member

Jul 26, 2010
    Club:
    FC Porto
    How do you see the Manager there ?? Is he good or what ? I saw his intervew in a newspaper over here...he likes México and the City ...

LGRod repped this.
  24. Vinodivino

Vinodivino Member+

May 31, 2010
    Club:
    Club Santos Laguna
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    He is viewed as a very passionate, no-nonsense and fiery individual. Very well liked in Torreon (where his club is based), but rubs opposing teams (and possibly the fans) the wrong way. He is a breath of fresh air in Mexico because of his acceptance of young players and philosophy to attack and to put on strong showings in international tournaments.

In Mexico, for the most part, we are used to managers who prefer old veterans over youth, and many view tournaments like Copa Libertadores as a waste of time. Caixinha let it be known that he was going to treat the tournament with the utmost respect, as it should be. In general, he is very straightforward with the media; never gives run-of-the-mill answers and slams reporters when they deserve it. For instance, when they try to drum up unnecessary controversy.

He has had much success since being named manager 3 years ago, though is yet to win a title. We have reached the semifinals in each of the last three seasons. His impact on the team was immediate. The club qualified for the Liguilla tournament (In our league, we play two short tournaments per year with 3 stages of playoff games at the end of each season for the highest seeded teams) after not having qualified the year before and going through one of the worst seasons in the history of the club. In his first season, Santos also reached the final of the CONCACAF tournament, which is the North American version of the UEFA Champions League.

As a Santos fan, I couldn't be happier with him as manager. The team plays with so much intensity that is reflective of him as a coach. He is very different than what we're used to, but in a good way.

By the way, what is the name of the newspaper?

LGRod and FC PORTO BGC repped this.
  25. FC PORTO BGC

FC PORTO BGC Member

Jul 26, 2010
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Glad to see he is doing well ... I think the newspaper was "A Bola" ... It was a big intervew, not only about football, but also about life in México, and the Cultural and football diferences between here and there ..

LGRod repped this.