Santos official thread. (r)

Discussion in 'Club Santos Laguna' started by toot86, Jul 22, 2002.

1. Dr. Deplorable

Dr. Deplorable Member+

Mar 31, 2007
    Kansas
    Supposedly he's from the
    same gen as busquets if that gives you a clue? I'm a madridista all my life so I don't really know a lot of barcas minor players but if he was there he's got to have some game good for our directivos and for us... anxious to see where he's going to fit in because salinas was panning out into something really solid.. I see him, quintero, salinas and ludueña fighting for that spot

2. #1Keeper

#1Keeper Member+

Feb 7, 2004
    I'm thinking Crosas and Salinas will be the midfield partnership at the center of the field once Chato retires and Crosas ends up staying long-term.

Something that has worried me is how dependent we are on el Chato in the middle of the pitch. Whenever he has been absent, his presence has been greatly missed as he has a great sense of positioning and is a good distributor as well. Salinas is a good partner for Chato but I don't think he has the same capacity of distribution as Chato.

3. Dr. Deplorable

Dr. Deplorable Member+

Mar 31, 2007
    Kansas
    even more so than el chato, i was surprised how lacking the mid looked once jimenez left.. him and chato had developed excellent chemistry. he left a void that only now salinas is filling. i hope this crosas kid does pan out and and what you just described ends up happening cuz chato is the pillar of the team right now

4. LGRod

LGRod Member+

Mexico
    Aug 14, 2010
    Listenin to Los Bookies
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  5. fireEagleCuauhtemoc

fireEagleCuauhtemoc www.twitter.com/alonsobueno1

Jul 23, 2007
    chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    i wonder why darwin is not play or starting, injured? i know gomez ha been doing well, but this seems like a game for darwin.

6. Dr. Deplorable

Dr. Deplorable Member+

Mar 31, 2007
    Kansas
    yeah injured i think he should be coming back in a couple weeks

7. DGreat

DGreat Moderator
    Staff Member

CD Guadalajara
    Mexico
    Oct 5, 2007
    El Ombligo
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    He is almost healthy. 4-1 santos 14 minutes left

8. DGreat

DGreat Moderator
    Staff Member

CD Guadalajara
    Mexico
    Oct 5, 2007
    El Ombligo
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  9. Dr. Deplorable

Dr. Deplorable Member+

Mar 31, 2007
    Kansas
    you know it was bad when carlos ochoa scores lol

10. fireEagleCuauhtemoc

Jul 23, 2007
    chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    candido ramirez is good, wasn't he called up to la sub 20? or some team

11. Dr. Deplorable

Dr. Deplorable Member+

Mar 31, 2007
    Kansas
    there was a kid that was in between playing with mexico and the nads... i didnt pay attention who it was cuz fk any nad player but i dont think it was him... i havent heard anything about being called up to the sub 20.. hes a real gem tho and will be huge if we can develop him correctly

12. fireEagleCuauhtemoc

Jul 23, 2007
    chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

no not adrian ruelas, that guy aint nothing. este candido ramirez was with the sub 20 two weeks ago en una gira que tuvieron. that means hes doing stuff well if hes getting call ups.

13. Dr. Deplorable

Dr. Deplorable Member+

Mar 31, 2007
    Kansas
    ruelas thats the one... didnt know that about ramirez im glad theyre noticing him and giving him a chance

14. #1Keeper

#1Keeper Member+

Feb 7, 2004
    I haven't been able to post anything after matches the last couple of weeks but here are a few observations.

First, the team hasn't played impressively in a long time but has been able to get results. Last weekend's match against Querataro was one of most uninspiring and unattractive performances I have ever seen. The attack was lacking imagination and looked toothless. Even against nine players, they didn't look very dangerous. The finishing has got to improve as does the build-up.

Second, there are a few players that are nearing their expiration date and I don't know how much longer they will be able to contribute. Oswaldo, Luduena, and Chato Rodriguez specifically. Oswaldo is getting up there in age and has always been prone to gaffs. Luduena doesn't seem like the same player of 2-3 years ago. He's too slow with and without the ball. He is a great ball-handler and has good vision but lost a step in his game. I still think he would be a good sub for when we need to slow the game down and keep possession when trying to kill off a game. Chato has been great in the center of the midfield but he is getting older and he knows how much longer he will be able to contribute.

Which brings me to my next point, we have a few good up-and-coming players. Marc Crosas and Candido Ramirez look pretty good. Benjamin Galindo has stated that Candido is one of the top prospects in the Mexican league. I like that he gives us a different option as he likes to stay wide and play the ball in instead of cutting inside like most of our attacking players. He has a good shot too but it is inconsistent. Crosas is a fantastic player. He is very good technically. Doesn't take too many touches and looks to keep the ball moving. It's also good to see him start looking to play the ball forward. The way he supports in the midfield is really good. The way he moves into positions to support and receive a pass is top notch.

15. la fresa

la fresa Member+

Oct 31, 2005
    texas
    Club:
    Serbian White Eagles
    question, what happened to santos fans at the stadium? maybe it's just bad memory, but there seems to be a lot more empty seats this season even though the team is still getting results.

16. Dr. Deplorable

Dr. Deplorable Member+

Mar 31, 2007
    Kansas
    im guessing theyre gonna stick with becerra when oswaldos done.. wouldnt be my first choice but what are you gonna do. as for chato, crosas seems to be the logical replacement as the important man there and to compliment him will probably be Salinas who turned out to be a very solid player in the games he's played.. lastly luduena, theyre probably goin to have to bring in some extranjero when hes out as we dont really have any player that fits his mold

17. Dr. Deplorable

Dr. Deplorable Member+

Mar 31, 2007
    Kansas
    I have absolutely no connection to torreon so your guess is as good as mine. i would speculate tho that it is for a number of reasons.. first the team has gotten results but not with the greatest form, second i believe the stadium is about 30 minutes away from the actual city of torreon. and third it has to do something with the insecurity in that part of the country

18. El Pipiripau

El Pipiripau Member+

Jul 10, 2006
    Escondido!!!
    Club:
    Club Santos Laguna
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    My guess, the stadium is a lot bigger than the old one, it's harder to fill, especially when you consider people are broke and the potential for violence.

19. #1Keeper

#1Keeper Member+

Feb 7, 2004
    I believe you are both right. The empty seats can be attributed the lack of quality of play from the squad and an increase in ticket prices. However, once the liguilla comes around, I expect the stadium to be full again.

20. huhe888

huhe888 Red Card

Oct 3, 2007
    The narcos have turned Torreon into a shooting gallery after dark.

Not to mention that the new stadium has 10,000 more seats, the tickets are more expensive, and the stadium is now located on the outskirts of town.

21. Jimmy America

Jimmy America Member

Jun 4, 2005
    Nerys Eyebrows
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    lol. my bet is you don't even watch the games. Santos has been whopping azz on opponents and plays very attractive football. Probably top 2 as far as entertaining in Mexico along with Monterrey

22. Jimmy America

Jimmy America Member

Jun 4, 2005
    Nerys Eyebrows
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    on another note , anyone know if they're showing the Santos game on cable here in L.A.? I'm always able to find any Mexican League game and right now I was trying to find it and couldn't.

23. #1Keeper

#1Keeper Member+

Feb 7, 2004
    I watch all of their games and I bet you don't. Scores can be deceiving. Take for instance the game against Querataro. Santos weren't able to generate all that much despite having a two man advantage. Or this past Sunday's match against Toluca. Santos by no means dominated that match and if it weren't for luck (or bad finishing from Toluca) and efficiency from our three up top, we would not have won 3-1. Would you like more examples?

24. #1Keeper

#1Keeper Member+

Feb 7, 2004
    As I far as I know, Univision Deportes will be carrying the games in the US from now on. Unfortunately, Dish network is the only provider who carries this new channel.