Santos Futebol Clube, Parte IV [R]

Discussion in 'Brazil: Clubs and Competitions' started by Bakaman, Aug 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Santista1962

Santista1962 Red Card

Sep 9, 2011
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Let Robinho stay in Milan for now. It isn't worth spending 10 million when we aren't even playing in the Libertadores.

Let's try again in May since we could possibly qualify for the Sulamericana and have the Brasileirao to dispute.

2. Socratinho

Socratinho Member

Jun 3, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Getting into the Sul-Americana would mean we dropped out of the Copa do Brasil before the oitavas. That would be disastrous.

I'm preparing myself for potential deals being hijacked by other clubs for the next month or so. Perhaps LAOR wil learn that the opportunity to play with Neymar isn't the be-all and end-all.

3. Bakaman

Bakaman Member

May 8, 2008
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Strong rumours say that we've signed Eugenio Mena, the chilean LB. Well we REALLY need a LB... For me LB and a playmaker should be our priorities.

4. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Utica NY (the refugee city)
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Yea a number 10 is needed although it does not look like we will get a good one. We even lost out on Rhayner even though hes a winger , I wanted him.

5. Bakaman

Bakaman Member

May 8, 2008
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    More rumours about Nene...

6. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Whats up with the Finances? Is there even enough money to sign and pay Montillo let alone Nene or Robinho?

7. Socratinho

Socratinho Member

Jun 3, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Sponsors are going to spring up out of thin air. LAOR is counting on it.

As much as I would want Robinho and Montillo to come, the fouce should be on building a decent squad, not having a couple of good players and scrubs everywhere else.

8. Bakaman

Bakaman Member

May 8, 2008
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Well it seems like Nene would come for free. He only has 6 mounths on his contract with PSG and ha dan agreement with the club to leave in January, reportedly he promised to go to Santos.

I highly doubt that we will sign Robinho AND Montillo, it would be amazing but we just don't have enough money and Cruzeiro doesn't really want to sell him (rightly so, it's their best player after all, they will want every penny they can get).

Chilean newspapers claim that Mena is ours, but it's strange that we see no reports about it around here...

Oh BTW it seems like Coates, that really big (1,98m, damn he is taller than me I'm 1,93) and young Uruguayan defender that moved to Liverpool, was offered to us. Me gusta. Also rumours say that Inter offered us Dagoberto, and that we are negotiating with São Paulo for Casemiro.

9. Santista1962

Santista1962 Red Card

Sep 9, 2011
    Club:
    Santos FC
    WHY IN THE **** ARE WE SPENDING MONEY WHEN THE ONLY THING WE HAVE COMING IS THE PAULISTA (not an extremely difficult tournament to win but this year it will be intense), BRASILEIRAO AND COPA DO BRASIL/SULAMERICANA??!!

Save some cash for 2014! At best, let's wait till May to get a few reinforments for the Brasileirao.

10. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    dude what....

11. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    You really think Neymar will stick around if Gerson Magrao keeps playing in the midfield? No hate against Gerson Magrao I still want him for Lb depth but there is not even close to enough help for Neymar unless you guys still have confidence in Andre and the rest of that midfield. I think we'll keep Bruno Rodrigo too. Plus one has to think Neymar wants to win at least one Brasileirao before he leaves, so I disagree this season is a big deal.

12. Santista1962

Santista1962 Red Card

Sep 9, 2011
    Club:
    Santos FC
    If we were serious about winning the Brasileirao, we would have gotten rid of Muricy a long time ago...really, after the 4-0 vs Barcelona. Or better yet, after coming 10th in this Brasileirao.

By no means am I trying to degrade the Paulista...but we need to focus on forming a team for this coming Brasileirao. To have Neymar and not participate in the Libertadores is already a failure. Corinthians managed to do what we couldn't and do other things much better. It is all nice that we have a rich history but the present sucks, no matter how we slice it.

And if we don't get with the times, we will be left behind. We are trying to build a model based on the European way and the only thing we are headed for is going broke. If I know my team would only have 2-3 competitions to deal with (all of them domestically), I probably shouldn't spend my last dime on players that might not be on a good level a few years from now.

13. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Well if the usual model was in place Neymar probably would of been sold before he even won the Libertadores. I understand your worries about debt but at a certain point that goes out the window when you pay Neymar what he makes right now. So you want Neymar sold at January then? Lol

14. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Montillo seems to be very close to joining Santos for about 6 million Euros + some players.

I bet the "+ some players" will be someone like Felipe Anderson.

15. magic journey

magic journey Member+

Feb 20, 2010

how good carlinhos is?

i heard taffarel want to take him to the galatasaray istanbul....
    (tafo is one of the assistant coach of galatasaray club).

16. Bakaman

Bakaman Member

May 8, 2008
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Wel he is one of the best LBs around here, though our football isn't as flooded of great SBs as it used to be. Right now good LBs are rare worldwide... He is good at supporting, a product of our youth ranks but he wasn't having much playing time and moved away.

The Montillo rumours are heating up... Please don't make me get excited for nothing again..!

magic journey repped this.
  17. magic journey

magic journey Member+

Feb 20, 2010

thanks for the informative response bakaman. ;)

yeah i agree. its very rare nowadays modern footy good lb player...

currently i like marcelo.

ps:

galatasaray struggle in that position. they use spain international albert riera in that position.
    as you know, riera is not lb position player. but, there is other way... coach take him from lwing to lb since almost current season begin. but, to stay strong, galatasaray need good lb for that spor, duo to aspecialy champions league upcoming games.....

so, you say carlinhos is one of the good one in the league?. evin low leagues?> dont have decent lb player as you see potential ?

ps: galatasaray plays offensive pass footy the way of the barca style but bit more agressive way.
    probably theyr looking for full left wing player. lb/lw plays ability.

thanks again,

18. Bakaman

Bakaman Member

May 8, 2008
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

If you are looking for offensive LBs you might like Bruno Cortês as well, currently at São Paulo.

magic journey repped this.
  19. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    No way in hell Sao Paulo let Bruno Cortes go unless the offer is worth the trouble.

20. Bakaman

Bakaman Member

May 8, 2008
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    We've signed Cícero, young striker from Vasco. He is joining our youth ranks, yet he only ha sone year left on him, he must prove his worth to move to the professionals or he will be too old to participate in youth tournaments.

21. Bakaman

Bakaman Member

May 8, 2008
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  22. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  23. Bakaman

Bakaman Member

May 8, 2008
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Well now they say we are "negotiating" with Carlos Eduardo, in another words nope he has not signed with us yet. I suppose that it's safer to always play the hype of those rumours down one level, from signed to negotiating, from negotiating to "he probably won't come" and from "he probably won't come" to "he hates our guts with a passion and would prefer to be burned alive rather than wearing our shirt".

And if signing Carlos Eduardo means we won't ever see Gerson Magrão with the number 10 shirt again, then I'd be willing to accept even Molina :laugh:... Though I believe that CA has talent enough to be very useful for us if we really sign him.

24. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Yea it seems like the negotiating process with Santos always offends the player probably because of low ball offers like they did to Ganso. One would think with selling Ganso we would of hired a replacement by now. Funny how you brought up Gerson Magrao wearing the number 10, I was just laughing about that the other day. I want to keep him though he is good for depth. I was also hoping for a good cb to come in.

25. Bakaman

Bakaman Member

May 8, 2008
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    http://radioglobo.globoradio.globo.com/futebol-clube/santos/2012/12/28/REFORCOS-MAIS-PERTO.htm

Well latest news from Radio Globo, LAOR is trying, under his "medical license", to sign all three of Nene, Robinho and Montillo in one swoop, before January 3rd. This goes against the wishes of the rest of our board, since the costs would be around 19m euros and would put a considerable dent on our finances... Remembering that the motto of our board so far was to never spend more money than you receive.

Also, Neymar is planning to buy the 40% of his contract that is currently linked to DIS. The company paid 5m reais and the contract has a clause that allows the player to buy back this porcentage for the same price+the interest rate from those years that have passed... That would be an excellent move for him since if he gets sold for 50m euros (not hard at all for him, I suppose we could get more than 60m), he would get 25m euros (40% from DIS plus the 10% he already owns). Easy profit... This smells like a master plan between him and our board.

As always, how much of this is true.... We shall see.