Santos Futebol Clube, Parte IV [R]

Discussion in 'Brazil: Clubs and Competitions' started by Bakaman, Aug 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Montillo closer to joining Flamengo than Santos is the last bit of news I've heard.

2. Socratinho

Socratinho Member

Jun 3, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Add to that Joao Filipe and Everton Ribeiro. Mena would be a great signing but La U want far too much. Trying to sign Fucile long term should be an aim as well in my opinion.

That last foreigner spot needs to be filled wisely.

3. Bakaman

Bakaman Member

May 8, 2008
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Well Diego Souza just signed with Cruzeiro. I can only hope that this is a sign that we will get Montillo.

4. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Utica NY (the refugee city)
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Kind of ironic since Flamengo passed him up before he went to Cruizero.

5. Bakaman

Bakaman Member

May 8, 2008
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Seems like Eron is a done deal. LB from Atletico-MG, he was playing at Atletico-GO this season at loan, he is 20 years old. Dunno what to expect tbh.

Hmmm more reports linking us to Montillo... And it also seems like we are very close to signing Renê Júnior, DMF from Ponte Preta, 23 years old, on loan for a year.

6. Bakaman

Bakaman Member

May 8, 2008
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Ademir says that Renê Junior is a done deal. CMF that played for Ponte Preta his season, a one year loan.

7. Bakaman

Bakaman Member

May 8, 2008
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Gabigol is doing great at our sub17, he scored both of our goals:

That second goal... Jesus. The goalie didn't do a great job, but what a finish!

Emperor Adriano repped this.
  8. Socratinho

Socratinho Member

Jun 3, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nice.

What do you guys think of Rene Junior? Never remembered him standing out whenever I've seen Ponte.

Also, I'm a bit conflicted about how to feel about the higher ups with all the economic news coming out. It seems like they're trying their best to keep the club in the black and to get rid of the debt.

9. Bakaman

Bakaman Member

May 8, 2008
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Well my fellow santista friends are pleased with Rene, sayig he is a young talent, a good bet... But of course he won't be the one to fix our team by himself.

It's strange how you see team sthat have bigger debts than us, yet are not afraid to spend like mad, even European teams that earn 10x more money than us per year have even bigger debts... Makes you doubt if all these sacrifices to reduce our debts are worth it... Yet I can only imagine that this big "debt bubble" will blow up one day, and I wouldn't want Santos to be anywhere close. We are talking about bankruptcy here, it could mean the end of a club.

10. Socratinho

Socratinho Member

Jun 3, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    So, that's the end. Let's see if LAOR and co. can make sure the past two years doesn't happen again.

Congrats to the U20 boys as well on the Paulista title. Pity they got knocked out of the Copa do Brasil. Lucas Otavio, Leandrinho, Pedro Castro, and Giva better be in the first team picture next season.

11. Bakaman

Bakaman Member

May 8, 2008
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Indeed. Muricy promised live on radio that after the Copa São Paulo de Juniores ends, he's gonna promote Gustavo, Jubal, Leandrinho and Lucas Otávio to the first team, maybe more if our youth coach recommends anyone. If that really happens I will be pleased.

12. Bakaman

Bakaman Member

May 8, 2008
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Neymar has just received the title of " Hors Concours" from Placar, the most important and traditional football magazine in Brazil... The only other player to EVER receive that, was Mr. Edson Arantes do Nascimento, known as Pelé.

Well... It's the biggest honor a brazillian can receive from the Brazillian media... But to receive it so soon... He won't be able to participate in any other award by this magazine. They rushed this decision IMO, they should've waited until he was 35 and ready to retire, hopefuly with a few WC cups on his luggage...

Anyway, congratulations Neymar! I'm blessed to see another important page in Brazillian Football History being written in front of my eyes.

http://espn.estadao.com.br/noticia/...cours-e-iguala-feito-so-obtido-antes-por-pele

13. Socratinho

Socratinho Member

Jun 3, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Way too soon. He's probably cursing them for reducing the size of his trophy cabinet.

Did anyone watch the SporTV special report on Neymar? I heard Tim Vickery said something really controversial.

14. Bakaman

Bakaman Member

May 8, 2008
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I did. Basically he said that Neymar is a genius, but has yet to prove that he can play well against defenses which studied him enough and know how to close him down.

You can watch it here (Tim Vickery's part is at around 17:00):

http://sportv.globo.com/videos/sportv-reporter/t/ultimos/v/sportv-reporter-neymar/2272867/

15. Socratinho

Socratinho Member

Jun 3, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
  16. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    It seems Santos already reached an agreement with Montillo, but still need to reach an agreement with Cruzeiro.

17. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    You're behind. Cruzeiro said no a few hours ago..

18. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    It's just the beginning.

19. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Just like it was this time last year for Corinthians. End result = Montillo still at Cruzeiro.

20. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Its different this time.. heh

21. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Utica NY (the refugee city)
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Riquelme to Santos rumors

22. Daniel96

Daniel96 Member

Aug 12, 2011
    Australia, NSW
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  23. Bakaman

Bakaman Member

May 8, 2008
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Now it seems like not ven Robinho will come, his father said he won't leave Milan in January... IT's always like this, lots of rumours, I get excited, then disappointed. Our board sucks at signing players, period! :mad:

24. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Keep Bruno Rodrigo please.

25. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Santos had offered Milan a cool 5 mil.. but Milan rejected and said they wanted 10.. hmmm