Santos Futebol Clube, Parte III: Tricampeão das Américas [R]

Discussion in 'Brazil: Clubs and Competitions' started by JoãozinhoFutebol, Jul 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Muurad

Muurad Member

Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    Santos FC
    The agreement was he leaves after the CWC.

He's pretty mediocre at best since he came back from the U-20 WC anyways..his head isn't really here but more in Portugal imo.

The sad thing is we still don't have a better option lol. Crystian will prolly get integrated once he leaves and I think he'll do good offensively, but defensively he would prolly be worst then current Danilo early on.

Anyways great win yesterday. this team if not for all the fuss with the various NT taking our players and Libertadores win would surely be in the race for the Championship right now, and maybe would already be considered a champion.

Ganso was finally back, wasn't anything speciel at all - but still like he always does put Neymar in 2 clearcut chances for goals..will give him time to see how he manages.

Neymar again pretty clearly a level above the rest - but it's annoying that he doesn't have that mindset to simply score goals, he always is TOO relexed and tries to make the fancy infront of goal - he will only reach the top level of football if he imbraces the mindset a Messi or Ronaldo has infront of goal, and the annoying thing is unlike say Robinho, he has that ability to finish very well and score in bunchs and shows flashes of it.

And Borges:D what a striker. i'm looking back at how we were 5-6-7 pages ago with Ze Eduardo not being able to score even if we was 5 meters from goal all alone, and I surely don't miss those times.

23 goals.. who would have believed it? he's just amazing.

2. Bakaman

Bakaman Member

May 8, 2008
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    There are rumors about a possible Ibson for Willians+money swap. I still hope that he will fit here better if he gets a proper pre-season training, but his salary hurts.

3. Muurad

Muurad Member

Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Do it, do it now, do it.

4. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I'd do a straight up swap. Willians plus money? Eh.

5. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I was ready to rip Neymar on his form until he got hot all of a sudden. This is the kind of level I was expecting to see and I hope it carries over to the NT in his next opportunity.

Borges has been lethal, but I still believe he's one of those Brasileirão quality strikers. I don't think he is good enough for a top tier European league or the Seleção, but he is excellent for our league.

6. Bakaman

Bakaman Member

May 8, 2008
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    To be quite honest, we need more players like him. At this level they don't get so heavily pursued by the Europeans, and they don't miss half of our matches with Mano :rolleyes:

7. Bakaman

Bakaman Member

May 8, 2008
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    To be quite honest, we need more players like him. At this level they don't get so heavily pursued by the Europeans, and they don't miss half of our matches with Mano :rolleyes: Yet still, they work very well in Brazillian soils.

8. Bakaman

Bakaman Member

May 8, 2008
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Just noticed the double (now triple) post, sorry about that! :eek:

9. Dribble&Trix

Dribble&Trix Member

Apr 14, 2005
    Judging from the type of goals he has scored, I don’t see him as an only in Brasil scorer,
    He has few touches in area and precise in finish, and he has been a quite good scorer both in different clubs and as far away as South Corea.
    But he came into the form of his life a bit late at 31,
    so I don´t see him getting so many chances in selecao nor top European clubs, probably some arab or russian club puts up a lot of money for him.

10. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    I agree; I hope he becomes this consistent as he gets older, more mature, more experienced, and hopefully, physically stronger. It'll be a sight to see - a more well-rounded Neymar, with European experience and greater bulk & physical resistance, in his prime for Brazil. I would say that he may be the biggest phenomenon for Brazil since Ronaldo himself if he stays focused, in shape, and concentrates on improving his game.

The BIGGEST competition of his life awaits him in a couple of weeks in Japan. The match vs. Barcelona (assuming of course Santos gets past the semifinal - I doubt Muricy Ramalho will allow Santos to do anything less than its best, not forgetting Internacional's regrettable defeat vs. Mazembe last year) will be THE match to watch.

Borges... I like him for his goalscoring w/ my SPFC, but he let me down when he got himself ejected in a crucial Libertadores match when he was with Gremio months ago. If he stays in shape, all the better for Santos come the Club World Cup.

11. Bakaman

Bakaman Member

May 8, 2008
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    My brothers santistas, rejoice!

" My love for Santos is too big. I want, and will, stay here for a long time" said Neymar, LIVE, just now.

Neymar just signed a new contract with Santos that basically guarantees he will stay with us until 2014's WC!

Neymar loves us, and we love Neymar! :D Let this marriage be long, very long! :D:D

12. Santista1962

Santista1962 Red Card

Sep 9, 2011
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Adding to that, Neymar's reasons for staying:

"I don't care about being the 'best in the world'. I want to dispute the greatest [football] tournaments in the world, the 'Libertadores and the World Cup".

That is why we keep moving forward. I have a lot of respect and admiration for European football but it is always important to value what is ours and what we have. I don't ever want to see us be like the Peruvians and the Ecuadorias (especially the Argentines) who are too busy kissing Euroass to notice how bad they are getting.

And sometimes, even when things are well, they do it anyway because of that hidden-racist feeling that, "it is better for a white man to be above me than a fellow brown or black man" mentality.

As clubs goes, our Santos is the best South American team in the past 11-12 years with the 2009 Estudiantes and 2005 Sao Paulo coming close. Hopefully, we can surpass ourselves next year.

For 2012, we have:

1. Campeonato Paulista
    2. Copa Libertadores
    3. Brasileirao
    4. Recopa Sulamericana
    5. FCWC (if we win Libertadores)
    It sucks not having a chance of winning the Sudamericana.

Does anyone thing we have enough players to win all of that?

13. Bakaman

Bakaman Member

May 8, 2008
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Our professional elenco, according to Santos official website:

GKs
    Rafael, Aranha, Vladimir

Excellent. Rafael already has some experience and is one of the best brazilians in that position on his age bracket. Vladimir is also VERY capable, I've seen him play a few games for us in the professional team as well as at youth teams and he could be as good, or even better, than Rafael in the future. Aranha brings experience and can cover more sticky situations.

Sidebacks
    Crystian, Danilo, Éder Lima, Leandro Silva, Léo, Pará

Our most problematic sector IMO. Danilo will be gone after the Mundial... Good for Crystian, he will certainly get more opportunities, though I wouldn't play him in a Libertadores match as a starter. We need a reliable player there... ALso Léo will be retiring soon and he can't take many games in sucession. Éder and Leandro were barely tried, I can only guess that they were terrible during training and Muricy thought they are worthless. So we need both a good LB and RB.

Centerbacks
    Bruno Aguiar, Bruno Rodrigo, Dracena, Durval, Vinicius

Surprisingly, I'd say we are not that bad at this sector... But that's because Bruno Rodrigo turned out to be awesome and Aguiar is also competent. To be quite honest I like the Brunos more than Dracena and Durval :D Then there is Vinicius and two more pratas da casa we can use, Alemão and IIRC Bruno, they are great. A top level CB like Alex would be welcomed, but shouldn't be our priority IMO.

Defensive Midfielders
    Adriano, Anderson Carvalho, Arouca, Henrique, Possebon

It seem slike Possebon won't be staying, and tbqh he won't be missed much. I guess we are set in this position as well, plus there is Allison and Helivelton from the youth teams.

Meias
    Elano, Ibson, Ganso, Felipe Anderson, Breitner

This needs some care. Elano is living hell outside of the pitch and it's damaging his performance A LOT, so I wouldn't rely on him while he doesn't sort that out. Ibson flopped hard, though I still have some hope he will get better with proper pre season training with us. Breitner is loaned out and Felipe anderson is talented but it's not someone I would put much trust on, he should be playing a lot in the Paulistão. We need cover for Ganso in the Libertadores since he is injury prone and a target for Seleção call ups.

Atacantes
    Borges, Neymar, Alan Kardec, Reinteria, Diogo, Thiago Alves, Renan Mota.

Well our starters are the best in the Americas :cool: But we really need cover. Alan Kardec has some guts, works hard, but his price is too high ( 8m euros IIRC) and his loan will end. I don't trust Reinteria at all, Diogo is garbage, Tiago Alves has a lot to grow, same for Renan. It seems we will promote another youngster for this position, Victor Andrade, he has a very high contract clause but you never know how he will work as a professional...

We can't forget that in 2012 tehre will be even more Amistosos, the Olympics, etc etc so we will have to play a lot of games without Neymar and Ganso, so they need imediatte cover.

My Priorities:
    1) Laterais (sidebacks)
    2) Cover for Neymar and Ganso
    3) Cover for Borges
    4) Better CBs

Even if we win the Libertadores again ( YES PLEASE! :D), we can't throw the Brasileirão like we did in 2010 and 2011.

14. Muurad

Muurad Member

Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Absolutely amazing news.

This kid is a leader, not a follower - you have to admire him.

Like I said in the other thread, if it's for his own career I think not moving in the summer would be a mistake - but if he thinks he should stay I surely will not argue that. and the fact he wants to stay next to his young boy is even better.

And top post guys, completely agree.

15. Bakaman

Bakaman Member

May 8, 2008
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    For those who missed it (in portuguese of course)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-_CYCuc8pE"]Neymar fica no Santos até 2014! - YouTube[/ame]

16. totalfootball9

Feb 27, 2007
    Central PA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Call me crazy, but I read somewhere Pele was going to play for Santos in Club World Cup final vs Barca (assuming it plays out) for the final mins. Is this really going to happen???

PS - Thrilled Neymar signed and is going to stay at Santos, in this day and age it is easy for a young player to be lured in by Mardrid, Barca and other big Euro clubs, good to see a young play loyal to a Club!

17. Bakaman

Bakaman Member

May 8, 2008
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Yeah our president was crazy about having him as a player in the CWC, it would be a great publicity stunt, but Pelé refused. At 70+ years his physique is very limited, it would not only put our title chances at risk but also his health. He will certainly be there though, maybe even sitting in our bench as part of our staff.

And yes Neymar is awesome and we love him :D

18. totalfootball9

Feb 27, 2007
    Central PA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is today's game streamed online??

19. Muurad

Muurad Member

Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Maybe the fellas have other links, but I usually use - http://www.diariodatv.com/ (although lately it began to be very shaky and almost unwatchable) - actually i'd love for others to post what stream sites they usually use, maybe theres a better alternative.

We're down 1-0, dissapointing really cause we totally dominate and got suprised on a counter out of the blue... no one really stands out - but with a little concentration and a flash of magic from out offensive trio we should be able to carry this game through and go out with a win.

20. Bakaman

Bakaman Member

May 8, 2008
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    It ended 1-1. It was a very frustrating game, Atletico parked the bus and abused fouls the whole game... I was afraid that someone would get hurt, Adriano was subbed and I hope he is okay since he is our best marker, and Arouca was feeling a bit of pain in the end...
    We didn't take our chances either, we created a lot of opportunities but wasted them/ the GK made great saves. Borges was very disappointing, he missed at least three goals he would've scored with his eyes closed in a normal game, and Neymar needs to do a lot of FK training if he wants to be our FK taker, out of the 350 fouls Atletico made on us only one resulted in a dangerous kick by him, the rest went over.

Hopefully everyone will be fine for the CWC.

21. Muurad

Muurad Member

Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    Santos FC
    I hope this gives Ganso a mental boost btw - cause i'm more and more worried the more I see him play post-gremio injury.

I really hope it's a mental thing, but he looks pretty average out there on offence for way too many games, not nearly the dominating Ganso we were used to dictating the game like swiss clock, creating dangerous chances practically every 5-10 minutes etc...instead now it's 1-2 good actions per game if that.

And on defence u can really see where the injury hurt him, he was never a Ramires - but he was quite visibally more mobile/fast.. he really looks like a 36 year old about to retire, more then a 22 year old who hasn't entered his peak.

Do I overstate it u reckon? cause I think this is highly worrying watching him play all bar a few games after he got back from that 7month injury.

22. Bakaman

Bakaman Member

May 8, 2008
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    He is getting better imo. Not nearly enough, or close to his early 2010 form, but I see some improvement. The problem is there isn't much time left, we need him NOW.

23. Socratinho

Socratinho Member

Jun 3, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Ganso nowhere no top form, and Adriano injured. Not looking good.

Neymar really needs to pass more.

24. totalfootball9

Feb 27, 2007
    Central PA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I found a site that appears to show most games; frontrowsports.tv seems to work very well.

25. Bakaman

Bakaman Member

May 8, 2008
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Dear Lord, most of our reserves are horrible, specially the SBs. We must act in the transfer window or we will again have no depth and no way to dispute two tourneys at the same time.