Santos Futebol Clube, Parte III: Tricampeão das Américas [R]

Discussion in 'Brazil: Clubs and Competitions' started by JoãozinhoFutebol, Jul 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Muurad

Muurad Member

Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Thank god everything is fine m8, was worried when u didn't post. well not entirely fine - but atleast you're on the safe side getting treatment.. thats fantastic news. can only imagine how these past months have been for you and the family.. hang in there buddy.

The boys gave you some relief today! Felipe Anderson stepped up HUGE on that pool they call a football pitch. was impossible to play, but Alan Kardec continued to be influencial with his linkup with Borges.

We really can't comment on this game cause it wasn't really a proper football game - but it's fantastic to see Felipe Anderson putting his name out there on the Ganso substitute list giving Muricy something to think about other then Elano.

2. Bakaman

Bakaman Member

May 8, 2008
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    August was a terrible month indeed. My grandmother wasn't feeling well either, and since she is already 85 and has several heart and lung problems ( plus she can't walk anymore, unfortunately) we were very worried about her. It came up to a situation where my mother was busy with me at the hospital (her head torn between me by her side and her mother at home, she suffered a lot) , and my aunt busy with my grandma at home, so there was no one to bring some clothes for us at the hospital, or even buy basic stuff at home since my aunt couldn't leave my grandma alone. But gladly everything ended well and my grandma is also feeling much better :)

Felipe Anderson is very talented, we must have patience with him because he has a problem that most kids of his age share: unconsistency and (sometimes) poor decision making. We could shape him so that when Neymar/Ganso are gone (unfortunately that is unavoidable :( ) he can step up. Plus we have some kids at the youth teams, let's try to make this transition period smoother than when we sold almost our whole team in the end of the Robinho era.

And I'm loving Borges more and more every week :D

3. Socratinho

Socratinho Member

Jun 3, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Glad to hear everything is good, Bakaman.

I hope this game convinces Muricy to give Felipe Anderson a chance as a starter.

4. Santista1962

Santista1962 Red Card

Sep 9, 2011
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Hello, my name is Santos and I am obviously a fan of the club. Nice to meet you all and I hope we all get along!

I came to bigsoccer to build up Santos' wiki profile in here but I see you also got a club forum here. This was unexpected and I hope we keep an active forum on the best club of all times. :cool:

5. Bakaman

Bakaman Member

May 8, 2008
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Welcome Santista1962, our home is humble but very cozy... I mean we are just a topic in a subsection of the forums, but we are one of the most active around here :D Doesn't mean much, but whatever.

Anyway, I'd like to express my new found love for Borges by posting these "Borges facts" I found in the interwebz... In portuguese, since some of the meaning would be lost in the translation... :

Borges Facts

"Einstein começou a contar os gols de Borges até que perdeu a conta."

"Se a bola bate no chão e é gol, é o 'morrinho-artilheiro'. Se acontecer 15 vezes no mesmo jogo, ele vira o 'morrinho-Borges'."

"DEUS apontou para o Romário e disse 'Esse é o cara... que vai ter menos gols que o Borges'."

"Depois de 'anos-luz', é criado o 'Borges-gols', medida baseada no tempo entre cada gol de Borges. É igual a 0,000000001 segundo."

"Alguns jogadores ficaram com inveja de Borges, pois seus chutes nunca vão para fora. Nascia o Showbol."

"E Maquiavel disse: 'Não tema o governo, não tema o exercito e nem o povo, tema Borges'."

"Borges fez uma prova de vestibular chutando todas as respostas: 100% de acerto."

"Borges já está aceitando sugestões para montar lista de 120 músicas para o 'Fantástico'."

"Depois que o Borges nasceu, foi necessário inventar uma nova unidade de medida: o GPS (Gols por segundo)."

Borges erra o chute no tempo real, mas acerta no replay.

Se você piscar o olho assistindo ao SANTOS jogar, você perderá no mínimo 2 gols de Borges.

O Borges é tão artilheiro que na barriga da mãe dele ele não chutava, fazia gols

Quando o Borges Nasceu ele não chorou ele gritou GOOOOOOOL!

Borges faz três gols a cada dois chutes

Uma vez Borges fez um gol de sem pulo. No botão!!!

O Borges é tão artilheiro que se algum dia ele fizer um gol contra anotarão ele a favor do SANTOS

A Grande Muralha da China foi originalmente construída pra impedir que o Borges faça gols. Ela falhou miseravelmente.

Borges já está aceitando sugestões para montar lista de 120 músicas para o Fantástico.

Borges já foi artilheiro do Campeonato Russo, duas vezes. Borges nunca foi pra Rússia.

Em um treino, Borges falou que ia imitar o Zé Love, marcou apenas 5 gols nesse treino

Let's hope that he will keep scoring like a madman! :D

6. Santista1962

Santista1962 Red Card

Sep 9, 2011
    Club:
    Santos FC
    I know we have been making good progress lately. We are now just 14 points away from 1st place. The way the others at the top have been playing, we still have a shot at the title.

I WANT TO WIN OUR SECOND TREBLE!!! This is the only title missing! We already got the state and the Copa Libertadores...we need the Brasileirao.

BTW, is there a moderator that can help me? I can't edit Santos' bigsoccer wiki page. It just tells me I am not allowed or goes into error.

7. Bakaman

Bakaman Member

May 8, 2008
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    After such a shabby start, finally we can feel a little bit of enthusiasm heh :) Here are our next fixtures:

Santos FC vs

18/09 – Corinthians, às 16 horas, no Pacaembu
    21/09 – América/MG, às 20h30m, em Minas Gerais
    24/09 – Figueirense, às 18 horas, no Pacaembu (ou será na Vila?)
    01/10 – Fluminense, às 18 horas, no Engenhão
    09/10 – Palmeiras, às 16 horas, na Vila Belmiro
    12/10 – Atlético/MG, às 21h50, na Arena do Jacaré
    15/10 – Grêmio, às 16 horas, na Vila Belmiro
    22/10 – Flamengo, às 16 horas, no Engenhão
    29/10 – Atlético/PR, às 16 horas, na Vila Belmiro
    05/11 – Vasco, às 16 horas, na Vila Belmiro
    12/11 – Ceará, às 16 horas, no Presidente Vargas
    16/11 – Atlético/GO, às 21h50m, na Vila Belmiro
    19/11 – Coritiba, às 16 horas, no Couto Pereira
    26/11 – Bahia, às 16 horas, na Vila Belmiro
    03/12 – São Paulo, às 16 horas, no Morumbi

And we also will have the two delayed games, vs botafogo at home and vs gremio away, in october.

Notice that we will have a lot of home fixtures in the final rounds. If we plan accordingly for the Mundial, we could do one last sprint that could be very decisive. Our hope still lives, as long as we keep this form!

In the other hand, we have some very tough away matches against Flamengo , Fluminense, Atletico MG, São Paulo in the last round, maybe even Coritiba will be troublesome depending on where they will be sitting in the table by then... Not to mention our next match against Corinthians, that could set the tourney alight should the likes of vasco, São paulo and co. decide to finally take advantage when Corinthians drop points... Hopefully most of those teams will keep the terrible form they are showing atm :)

In any case, this is a crucial moment for us, so let's keep our faith!

8. Santista1962

Santista1962 Red Card

Sep 9, 2011
    Club:
    Santos FC
    IF we can beat Corinthians, I think we can knock them out animacilly out of the race. Personally, I think Sao Paulo and the Rio de Janeiro big four are our biggest problems.

9. Bakaman

Bakaman Member

May 8, 2008
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Seems like we've signed Renteria, that ex-Inter columbian player that we faced in the Libertadores. He can play the Brasileirão normally since he was registered to Caxias, so it's not an international transfer, and teams can register national players until september 23th.

He comes to add depth to our attack, I guess. We don't have any good CFs ready to play for us in on youth teams atm unfortunately, he can be a good cover for Borges I guess. Anyway, he was a suggestion made by Muricy, who already worked with him before, I just hope that Alan Kardec keep getting his chances.

Maybe Muricy is planning a change of formation? To accomodate the lack of Ganso, he could either make Neymar drop deeper ( he is already doing that and for me it's one of the reasons why he is scoring less goals), or set up the 4-3-3 with:

--------------------------Rafael------------------------
    ---Danilo--------Edu Dracena--Durval-----------Leo--
    ----------------Henrique-----------Arouca------------
    ---------------------------Elano-----------------------
    ------Alan Kardec----------------------------Neymar-
    ---------------------------Borges---------------------

We still don't have cover for Neymar, but at least Reinteria can cover Borges and we can revert to a 4-2-2-2 with Kardec and Reinteria up front, Felipe Anderson/Ibson and Elano in the midfield if Neymar AND Borges are out (worst case scenario).

10. Santista1962

Santista1962 Red Card

Sep 9, 2011
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Corinthians 1-3 Santos

13 POINTS TO GO!!! :D

11. Socratinho

Socratinho Member

Jun 3, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nothing feels as good as a derby win. Chora Corinthians.

12. Santista1962

Santista1962 Red Card

Sep 9, 2011
    Club:
    Santos FC
    America MG 1 - 2 Santos

11 MORE POINTS TO GO AND WE HAVE TWO LESS GAMES THAN EVERYONE ELSE!!!! [​IMG]

13. Socratinho

Socratinho Member

Jun 3, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    The loss yesterday was so depressing.

14. Bakaman

Bakaman Member

May 8, 2008
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    They say that the third time is the charm, and I have to agree: I spent one more week in the hospital, and they discovered what's wrong with me, finally!

Medicine is very tricky indeed: I was coughing a lot,was knocked out of air at times and it hurt to breathe, so anyone would guess that I have something wrong in the lungs or whatever, that's why they treated my lubgs during my first two stays. This time though I made some further exams ( nasofibro- something and endoscopy) and they discovered that I suffer from reflux. What happens is that the "valve" that closes the stomach when it is digesting something with gastric juice is not working very well in my body, so when I lay down the gastric juice got to my esophagus or even my lungs, and it has chloridric acid so this is not good at all. Basically I was digesting my respiratory passages :D It even caused my first case of pneumonia, who'd guessed?

Hopefully now that I'm getting the right treatment, I will recover fully.

Back to our beloved team, while our victory against Corinthians was delicious and very orgasmic, this last game against Figueirense was simply heart-crushing. I hope that this does not end in a big hit at our morale, since we still have a good chance at taking the title! It's do or die now, we have some very tough games against fluminense, botafogo and gremio coming.

15. Muurad

Muurad Member

Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Sry for not replying m8 - those are absolutely fantastic news! it sounds like quite a mess, and lucky that they found the source of everything before it got even worst - I know from my family how it is suffering time and time again from medical issues without finding the cause - consider yourself lucky m8! Again I wish u the fastest recovery, and am really glad ur about to go passed this;) i'm sure you're gonna get back to yourself in notime!

Agree with both u and Socratinho - simply depressing loss. we had it coming though, as I don't think we've really played that great in general before.

Btw sorry for the late response Santista1962, but welcome onboard buddy!

16. Muurad

Muurad Member

Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    Santos FC
  17. Bakaman

Bakaman Member

May 8, 2008
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Bye bye Brasileirão!

18. Socratinho

Socratinho Member

Jun 3, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Yeah, it's gone. And to think only two games ago hope was alive. Maybe, just maybe...

The biggest mistake of the game IMO came from Muricy. He took too long to make those subs. Neymar was crying out for help on the left for the entire second half. Send on Renteria to link up with him and we get a goal. What a surprise. :rolleyes:

Oh, glad to hear everything is fine on the medical front, Bakaman. Get well soon!

19. Chacal

Chacal Member

Oct 11, 2010
    California
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hi lads, how is Danilo doing these days for you? Look forward to watching him at Porto, and it's too bad that Alex Sandro continues to recover from the injury that he sustained at the U-20 WC. Hopefully both of them will be fit and ready to go in January.

Thanks.

20. Bakaman

Bakaman Member

May 8, 2008
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Sorry Chacal for taking so long to answer.... Danilo is not at top form atm, he has been mediocre for three games or so IMO, but he is always fit. No doubt that he will raise to his standards soon though, it's just a short bad spell of form. ;)

Now irmãos santistas, I present you a nice animation about our Libertadores win, made by this Adriano fella on youtube:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5MscwBg1s8"]Libertadores 2011: Uma homenagem animada - YouTube[/ame]

21. Santista1962

Santista1962 Red Card

Sep 9, 2011
    Club:
    Santos FC
  22. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Haha, thanks for the win today!

23. Socratinho

Socratinho Member

Jun 3, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    If only. Have to say I'm starting to like this defense. Durval at leftback looked like a bad idea at first but it's working out. Bruno Rodrigo is a beast.

24. Bakaman

Bakaman Member

May 8, 2008
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Indeed. Bruno Rodrigo is doing great, It's a big shame that we left him on the bench for so long! He fixed our aerial problems by himself! I also really like Bruno Aguiar, he is our fastest CB... Dracena is still my least favorite :D But yeah, he is the captain.

Makes me wonder how are we going to fit Leo there when he comes back. Perhaps a 3-5-2 and let him have total freedom to do his best: attack? He doesn't have the same stamina to go support then run back all game after all.

---------------------Rafael--------------------
    ------Bruno Rodrigo--Dracena---Durval
    ---------------------Adriano-----------------
    ---Danilo------------Arouca--------Léo-----
    -----------------Ganso----------------------
    -----------Borges---------Neymar-----------

Dunno about you but that sounds very nice to me. Then again there is still Elano @_@, how the hell are we going to use him? Though on his recent form he doesn't deserve to be a starter imo.

There is also two great CBs coming from our youth ranks, Vinicius SImon ( who played a bit for us already and deserves more chances next season) and if I'm not mistaken, Alemão... But there was another guy, forgot his name, really tall and strong with a clean tackle... He played in this year's Copinha, was one of our few highlights imo.

25. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I must have missed an article or something, but wasn't Danilo just about sold to Porto? I thought it was official?

To have players like Henrique, Elano, Ibson (yeah, I know he has been poor, I'd take him back :D) is quite a luxury.