Santos Futebol Clube, Parte III: Tricampeão das Américas [R]

Discussion in 'Brazil: Clubs and Competitions' started by JoãozinhoFutebol, Jul 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Socratinho

Socratinho Member

Jun 3, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Adriano is still injured. The only defensive option on the bench for the midfield is Possebon.

2. Muurad

Muurad Member

Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Damn didn't know that, even if Possebon's green he's still better. we need a presence there.

ffs, Ronaldinho recreates his freekick from Barca days.

This is the best game i've seen in a LONG time.

3. CPonder14

CPonder14 Member

Jan 14, 2008
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yilmHgZntsM&feature=player_embedded#at=21"]‪Santos 3x0 Flamengo - Golaço Neymar aos 26 min 1º Tempo - 12ª Rodada Brasileiro 2011‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

wow:eek:

this guy is going to be an all-time great once his body matures.

4. Muurad

Muurad Member

Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    Santos FC
    ******** my life. Ganso is to blaim on this goal, simply awful.

5. Bakaman

Bakaman Member

May 8, 2008
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    First of all, congrats to Flamengo... And thanks for one of the best matches of my life.

Seriously Mano, build a mix of Santos and Flamengo and you will have your true Seleção...

6. Socratinho

Socratinho Member

Jun 3, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    I have no words to describe my emotions right now.

7. Muurad

Muurad Member

Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    Santos FC
    I refuse to believe we lost this game.. no one deserved to loose in this EPIC game.

But I just can't be mad, this game was just TOO GOOD even if we lost.. it had absolutely everything you want in a football match.. all I can say is just wow.

Mangao m8 congratz on the win.

8. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I would have been pissed to have lost this game. I agree -- a draw may have been the most just result. No doubt that this was an excellent game -- easily the best I've seen in recent years I'd say.

I hope some people outside of Brazil go to see this game. Those who ripped Neymar in the Copa America saw what he is capable of. However, when Luxa decided to put Willians on him, he wasn't as effective.:D Ganso wasn't brillant, but he showed different aspects of his game that we didn't see in the Copa America -- marking (won a ball near Santos' area), made several runs, etc.

On the other side, Ronaldinho showed those who watched that he still has the ability to be a contributor for the NT. It was easily one of his best all around performances since signing with us. I honestly think playing on the same field as Neymar motivated him to play at that level. Willians wasn't that great in the first half -- pushed forward an awful lot, leaving gaps in the midfield. In the second half, he stayed back a lot more and was EXCELLENT.

Good game, santistas.

9. Bakaman

Bakaman Member

May 8, 2008
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  10. Socratinho

Socratinho Member

Jun 3, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Damn. Hopefully he is OK.

11. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    If anybody has a torrent or download for this match, I'd really appreciate it.

12. Bakaman

Bakaman Member

May 8, 2008
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    About the Copa BH, it seems like we won against Manhuaçu, 5-0, but the game wasn't on TV. That's lovely, they save the goals for when I can't watch them! :mad:

Gustavo Henrique, Gustavo Oliveira, Alison (2) and Wallace were the scorers. With this result and a possible win in the next game we still have a chance of advancing, but we depend on the results of the other teams.

13. Muurad

Muurad Member

Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Great piece on Gabriel, or like he wants to be called Gabigol.

http://globoesporte.globo.com/futeb...em-um-so-gabigol-o-novo-fenomeno-da-vila.html

I still remember that piece they made of him, Jean Chera and Neymar like 5 years ago being interviewed on the pitch as kids telling what they're like and what stars they can be in the future.

-Had to go look for it, here it is:D

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8NMiufOSB8"]‪Neymar, Jean Carlos Chera e Gabriel‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

14. Muurad

Muurad Member

Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Could this game start any worst?

Elano or Ibson surely gonna get a red card aswell in this type of game... and Ganso in this pitch is pretty worthless like most of our players abilities.

Can't see us winning this one really, we'll be lucky to come out with a tie.

15. Socratinho

Socratinho Member

Jun 3, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    We really miss a destroyer like Adriano/Henrique in the midfield. Para is a joke that is getting old.

16. Bakaman

Bakaman Member

May 8, 2008
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    While we only passed the first third of the tourney right now, and we still have those three delayed games to play, I'm not very confident about our chances in this year's Brasileirão... I mean, there will be more games for the Seleção (and that's Neymar and Ganso out for us), we will have the CWC to worry about...

Our priority is to sort out that defense. Damnit, we had that almost fixed during the Libertadores, now it turned back to this? I hope that it's just us missing Adriano, but I doubt that it's the only reason.

17. Muurad

Muurad Member

Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    Santos FC
    No I think Socratinho is right, it's that.. I mean nothing else has changed. i'm sure Muricy is pissed as hell.

Also, in a normal pitch we would absolutely trash PR.. still can't believe we lost.. felt sorry for our guys the entire game not being able to bring what they know cause of the pitch condition.

That Neymar miss though.. for fk sake, that was just mindblowing.. would be game set and match if he nailed it.

18. Bakaman

Bakaman Member

May 8, 2008
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    So... news are that Pelé might make it to our 23 squad for the CWC... >_>... No seriously, we really are considering it. It was a random idea that made our marketing board salivate, and Pelé agreed to it, now we must consult FIFA to know if we can do that.

Imagine how crazy this could get, even if he is just there as a 80th minute sub , or only to shoot a penalty, on a worldwide event.

Discuss.

19. Muurad

Muurad Member

Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Pretty ridicoules tbh lol.

20. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Imagine if the game is tied and he puts in Pele in the 90th minute. He receives the ball, gives 3 canetas -- on Busquet, Puyol and Pique and dribbles Valdes to score a gol de placa. :p

People may be calling for him on the NT :D

21. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    Probably not a good idea - one fewer "real" player for the team, and whoever from the roster is dropped so Pelé can make the team will probably become quite resentful - from this player's viewpoint, he will be losing his hard-earned spot on the team to make room for Pelé, who has been away from Santos as a player for 37 years.

Besides, Pelé would only be useful in the very final minutes of the match, and only if Santos were comfortably winning. Against a team like Barcelona, I would only put Pelé in if Santos was winning by at least two goals. You just cannot underestimate an offense and midfield like theirs.

And if by any chance Pelé's entry into the match - a bad pass by him - led to a Barcelona counterattack that took the game into overtime or won it for them, Pelé would be massacred by the international sports media and by many Brazilians, including Santos fans.

Having said all this ... my more emotional side would love to see him play an official match again. ;)

22. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I don't have any sort of dislike towards Santos, however, since it's not my team that will be doing this, I am all for it. :D

I agree with the points CB has raised.

23. Muurad

Muurad Member

Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Man I wish we had Dede.. what an absolute beast. Neymar takes 4 steps backwards whenever he sees him out there.

This system does not work.. Ganso Ibson and Elano cannot form a good enough midfield against solid sides defensively, we're getting creamed.

Ganso is playing awful btw.. starting to join Elano as the consistent bad preformer, it's been like this since he came back from the Copa. atleast he can finish the game for us in 1 touch or play but really h's playing below par.. prolly worst on the pitch.

24. Bakaman

Bakaman Member

May 8, 2008
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Dear Santos brothers:

We suck. WHAT THE **** IS HAPPENING DAMNIT

25. Muurad

Muurad Member

Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    Santos FC
    We look so tired and uninspired.. everyone at the club needs to be worried and get thier cheer for the game back refeuling themselfs for the rest of this Brasilerao cause we just look like a team that wants to play the 90 minutes, loose the game and go home.

I mean we forfeit this game before it even began.. since the 60th minute it was just passing time till the whistle blows.

We need to get back to our basics under Muricy with a strong defence starting from the midfield affecting the back 4..when are Adriano and Henrique back?

Ganso needs to wake up, if it's his way of showing the board he wants a move to Europe he's doing a great job:rolleyes: horrible performence.