San Lorenzo, Saaaaan Loreeenzoooo...(r)

Discussion in 'Argentina: Clubs' started by CaCTuS[14DT], Oct 9, 2002.

1. elciclon

elciclon New Member

Mar 12, 2005
    BOEDO
    Club:
    CA San Lorenzo de Almagro
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    yeah there are some very talented players in the squad. montillo everyone likes but he is inconsistant, i hope he stays and has a season like clausura 2003, and then goes to europe(had a fantastic season right as romagnoli left he took the position of enganche.). the defense seems to be looking very good, its ruggeri were talking about. bottinelli the defender is going to be world class and i dont know how long we can hold on to him, lavezzi has the same problem as barrientos but with nanni should have a great season. dario "el pollo" botinelli is young but talented that goal that he scored against boca was a beauty and im sure we'll see more of those. we have a lot of good youngsters and hopefully in the future we can see these players reach they're prime and win us a libertadores (i can dream right).:D

2. Castroman

Castroman New Member

Mar 30, 2006

not really i think u have enough talent to win it! but if Ruggeri plays them all together for an example this is how they should play

Gonzalez---------Botinelli---------Bianchi---------Alvarado

Rivero------------Montillo-----------Botinelli-----------Ferreyra

---------------Lavezzi--------------Barrientos

if Barrientos leaves then he can be replaced by Nanni and i forgot to mention the new goal keeper Champagne i read that he's also a talent

3. elciclon

elciclon New Member

Mar 12, 2005
    BOEDO
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    i think that its going to be a 3-4-3 thats what they were training.

saja
    montero---------botinelli----------quatriocchi(sp)
    rivero o hirsig-----rivero-----------ferrerya o barrientos (si no se va)
    -----------------montillo----------------
    ------lavezi-------nanni---------ulloa

i dont know the players that will be forming the strategy yet, we have to remember that we also have tula, husain, and supposly theres an interest in for el chori dominguez i think that in the next two weeks the team will start to have the final shape and i can see this team going places although river looks unbeatable.

4. Castroman

Castroman New Member

Mar 30, 2006
    is nanni good in air balls? is he actually tall? and how old is he :/ and who's quatriocchi??

5. elciclon

elciclon New Member

Mar 12, 2005
    BOEDO
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    nanni is around 25 and his especialty is air balls, also quattrocchi is a central defender he was a priority not sure if we got him but we have sebastian mendez who played in velez and celta.

6. Castroman

Castroman New Member

Mar 30, 2006

niceeeee now thats some good news

7. BigSoccer Bot

BigSoccer Bot I am not real.

Feb 25, 2005
    [BigSoccer News] Hirsig: "Le había dado mi palabra a Ruggeri"

El volante, que era pretendido por Racing, explicó por qué se demoró su pase. Dice que le gusta el doble cinco y que hasta puede ser enganche.

Link To Original Article

8. marcopaulo

marcopaulo Member

Nov 19, 2005
    Vancouver
    benfica is reportedly interested in barrientos. what position does he play? what are his strengths and weaknesses?

thanks.

9. Castroman

Castroman New Member

Mar 30, 2006
    attacking midfielder, playmaker, left midfielder, left winger, strengths he's a good dribbler, nice vission, nice short passes to the forwards, weaknesses he party's a lot and he plays 10 good games 1 poor one :/ overall he's one of my favorites in Argentina ull like him as well

10. albionroad

albionroad Member

Aug 26, 2002
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Question - sorry if this has been asked already.

I was under the impression that San Lorenzo is named after the 1813 battle. However, reading on the San Lorenzo site on wikipedia, it seems that it is named for the martyred saint (San Lorenzo) but basically in honor of Father Lorenzo Massa who founded the club.

Anyone?

11. elciclon

elciclon New Member

Mar 12, 2005
    BOEDO
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    its named after the father its why our nickname is cuervo since he dressed in all black,. i read the info on wikipedia and its pretty correct.

12. albionroad

albionroad Member

Aug 26, 2002
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Awesome, thanks a lot. I need to update my website.

13. BigSoccer Bot

Feb 25, 2005
    [News] Adrián González, socio del silencio

Juega en el fondo, en el medio, y tiene gol. Su perseverancia lo transformó en una pieza clave en el equipo de Ruggeri.

Link To Original Article

14. BigSoccer Bot

Feb 25, 2005
    [News] ¿Malingas trae los goles?

La inesperada salida de Roberto Nanni obligó a los directivos a contratar otro atacante y el elegido fue el jugador de Alianza Lima.

Link To Original Article

15. BigSoccer Bot

Feb 25, 2005
    [News] Malingas: "Mi fuerte es el juego aéreo"

El delantero que llegó para reemplazar a Roberto Nanni firmó ayer su contrato y se suma hoy a los entrenamientos. Tiene 23 años y es goleador.

Link To Original Article

16. Che Matador

Che Matador Member

Apr 22, 2003
    Inside the Beltway
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    While watching TYC yesterday evening, they mentioned that San Lorenzo contracted Bolivian Botero, what are you guys reactions to this.

17. elciclon

elciclon New Member

Mar 12, 2005
    BOEDO
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    he played well with bolivar if im correct as well as his first year at puma. we lack forwards so were happy about this buy as he might bring us the goals we've been missing, were still going after another forward but thats going to be a guy like crespo a "9" sort of striker.

18. Che Matador

Che Matador Member

Apr 22, 2003
    Inside the Beltway
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    as long as you know how to use him (fast player) and he gets to play frequently then he should do wonders, one of the main reason he got into a slump in mexico was because he wasnt playing to often, and when he was playing, he was scoring goals.

19. elciclon

elciclon New Member

Mar 12, 2005
    BOEDO
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    yeah thats what i heards, the only thing that m worried about is that he is an outside striker and we have lavezzi, so well see how it goes, ruggerri hasnt set up a formation yet but the two that he like are the 3-5-2 and the 3-4-3. he'll probably start with a simple 4-4-2 and then go to 3-5-2. we will see shortly how he puts the puzzle together.

20. elciclon

elciclon New Member

Mar 12, 2005
    BOEDO
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    que quilombo en la plata. good performance by san lorenzo. lavezzi, hirsig, and quatrochi played very well as well as ferrerya. too bad the referree ruin a good game. best thing orion knocking out the fat barra brava guy.:D

21. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
  22. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
  23. BigSoccer Bot

Feb 25, 2005
    [News] San Lorenzo: bien en los números, mal en el juego

Un tempranero gol de Jonathan Bottinelli definió el pleito. Después resignó protagonismo y le costó aguantar el resultado. Al final, de contraataque, tuvo chances de aumentar.

Link To Original Article