San Jose Earthquakes Stadium - Building it Now!

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by Goodsport, Jun 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. athletics68

athletics68 Member+

Dec 12, 2006
    San Diego & San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Of course your entire scenario is based on assumptions about Wolff and Fishers finances which you (and the rest of us) know nothing about.

2. Albany58

Albany58 Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    Concord, CA USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You beat me to it.

3. Earthshaker

Earthshaker BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 12, 2005
    The hills above town
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I thought Kaval had said awhile back that they had completed securing financing for the stadium. Again, from my conversation with the front office the other day, it seemed clear that they were working hard on finalizing the design so they could get the building permit. It is one reason why they have not created a "virtual" stadium viewer that we could use to help choose our seats in the new stadium.

4. fadedtoblack

fadedtoblack Member+

Nov 6, 2007
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This part disappoints me.

5. DotMPP

DotMPP 'Quakes fan in Stumptown

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jun 29, 2004
    SE Portland, OR
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And how would you feel if they pissed away money on a virtual viewer of a virtual stadium seat for which you base a decision to pay real money?

6. Earthshaker

Earthshaker BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 12, 2005
    The hills above town
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

From what I remember, I think all of the new stadiums that have come on line in the last few years have used this feature to help people in choosing their seats. It's much better than looking at a vague, one dimensional seating chart, which they are asking us now to pay real money on. Personally, I don't see the rush to choose our exact seats. I have no problem with committing money now to reserve my seats in the new stadium, but, it would be nice to have a better idea what we are buying.

7. fadedtoblack

fadedtoblack Member+

Nov 6, 2007
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm paying the money no matter what. I just may have to move my seats after the first year if I don't like them. It's just a tough decision to make (one that could be for the next 20 years) with out knowing the angles, sun patterns (although they do give a basic desciption), acoustics, amenities near the seats (bathrooms for quick use), ease of entrance and exit with where I'll likely be parking, etc. To me, it's a big decision, and one I'm going into blind, for the most part.

8. Smurfquake

Smurfquake Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2000
    San Carlos, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States