San Jose Earthquakes Stadium - Building it Now!

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by Goodsport, Jun 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QuietType

QuietType Member+

Jun 6, 2009
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Eww.. looks like a suburban business park with an unnecessary amount of spacing. That amount of parking from the structures looks like overkill, especially considering the amount of parking lots that are in there on the ground. Hard to tell what most of the open space between the office buildings will be. Manicured gardens/plazas? I dunno. Just looks like the type of urban planning that was big in the 80s-90s.. Lots of wasted space, prioritizing the automobile, especially in an area where land value is extremely expensive.

Whatever, though... I'm only interested in what is to the left of this view.

2. athletics68

athletics68 Member+

Dec 12, 2006
    San Diego & San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Considering we live in an area where the automobile is king it would make sense to prioritize it. The majority of their customers arrive by car, not the still pipe dream BART extension and definitely not Caltrain.

3. TyffaneeSue

TyffaneeSue moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 15, 2003
    Upstairs
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Dear Season Ticket Holders,

Later this morning, the San Jose Earthquakes will issue a press release announcing the addition of VIP Club Seats to the Earthquakes New Stadium. This is a very exciting time for the franchise, as these VIP seats are the first to go on sale for the new venue.

As a current Season Ticket Holder, you will always have top priority for seating locations at the New Earthquakes Stadium, which means you are entitled to priority access to reserve these seats. Within the next few days, you will receive a letter in the mail from Earthquakes President Dave Kaval outlining your personal process to view, select, and purchase your VIP Club Seats.

On behalf of all of us at the Earthquakes, thank you for your continued commitment to the team and the organization!

Sincerely,

Stacy McGranor

4. leocal

leocal Member

Aug 23, 2004
    Fog City
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    currently looking at these club seat renderings on the site, and with pricing.. very nice. have to think about this. the prices and amenities are tempting. have to consult with my accountant (wife):)

http://www.sjearthquakes.com/newstadium/clubseats

5. guamster

guamster Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    Winnetka, CA
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Guam
    Quakes announce addition of club seats to new stadium

QuietType repped this.
  6. sjsuvc2

sjsuvc2 Member

Aug 9, 2007
    Corvallis , Oregon
    Club:
    San Jose Frogs
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    wish i could afford it but i like it very much. going a different route with this stadium then all the others in the mls.

7. JazzyJ

JazzyJ BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 25, 2003
    This is the kind of thing I had in mind when I wrote several months ago that there are many ways to provide premium seating in your venue w/o creating enclosed "luxury boxes". However, as much as I was opposed to them, I don't mind that they wound up building some luxury boxes, and I'm very happy to see that they've sold out.

I just hope that there is room on the concourse somewhere for the "little people", i.e. concession areas or beer gardens where anyone can hang out.

Haven't seen pricing on these seats, but when you compare even the luxury box prices to the completely ridiculous prices and personal seat licenses, etc. for the Niners stadium, it's like night and day. And with the Quakes you get twice the number of a games, and a much better sport :).

8. leocal

leocal Member

Aug 23, 2004
    Fog City
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    make sure to hit the link i posted for more detailed images of the club seat areas if you have not seen them.

9. don gagliardi

don gagliardi Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 28, 2004
    san jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    My understanding is that the concourse, open to everyone and featuring concessions, is behind the suites and VIP club areas.

The "scoreboard bar" area, also open to everyone, is the "beer garden."

10. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Having concerts there would've been nice, but hopefully ESLLC at the very least can successfully obtain the separate fireworks-display permit.

GO SAN JOSE EARTHQUAKES!!! [​IMG]

-G

11. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From what I've heard, the business park may not necessarily look exactly like that as even the permits to it have yet to obtained.

-G

12. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just as with the twelve traditional suites, these also absolutely friggin' rock! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

-G

13. TyffaneeSue

TyffaneeSue moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 15, 2003
    Upstairs
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Just in time for father's day!

You have to read the whole brochure to get the prices. The red seats are $2500, rising to $2680 over the three-year commitment. Blue seats are $2200 rising to $2340, and gray seats $1800 increasing to $1900. Although there are diagrams in the photos, the exact location of the seats remains a little fuzzy in my brain. I am sure my son won't mind going to community college for a few years.

14. JazzyJ

JazzyJ BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 25, 2003
    Yeah, that's probably what it's going to be. I had hoped that there would be some sections of the suite / club seat area that would not be suite or club seat areas, i.e. concession area or beer garden that is open to the field. But looks like, outside of the "scoreboard bar" area, the concession areas are going to be in the dark dingy recesses of the concourse area behind the suites / club seats. Maybe it won't be quite as dark and dingy behind the club seats because you don't necessarily have to build walls behind them. But behind the suites - probably dark and dingy. That's one of the reasons I was opposed to suites. I think those boxy looking things grey things on the right of this photo are the suites at BMO (?)

[​IMG]

15. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The most expensive of those three-year commitments ($2680) ends up being approximately $893 a year, which actually isn't that bad of a per-year price for that seat-level. ;)

-G

16. Beerking

Beerking Member+

Nov 14, 2000
    Humboldt County
  17. Beerking

Beerking Member+

Nov 14, 2000
    Humboldt County
    If they put television screens above the concession booths in the concourse itself at least we could view the action on the pitch while grabbing a beer. :)

18. guamster

guamster Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    Winnetka, CA
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Guam
    Maybe I'm reading this wrong but $2680 is the price for just year 3. The cost for the three-year commitment would be $2500 + $2580 + $2680 = $7,760

The single-game cost for the most expensive club seat is $150 (page 7).
    The cost for that same seat for a season ticket holder is $125.
    $125 X 20 = $2500 for the 20-game season ticket in Year 1.

Yes?

19. fadedtoblack

fadedtoblack Member+

Nov 6, 2007
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's how I see it.

20. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oops, you're right. :oops:

In any case, I wonder how much seating in other parts of the stadium will cost compared to their equivalent locations in Buck Shaw Stadium. :confused:

-G

21. DotMPP

DotMPP 'Quakes fan in Stumptown

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jun 29, 2004
    SE Portland, OR
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You're probably right.. I assume the stemware in the photos will be plastic. Hate to see what a nice crystal champane flute will do when a Rams clearance comes sailing into that club suite :eek:

22. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  23. don gagliardi

don gagliardi Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 28, 2004
    san jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    This passage from the article deserves emphasis:

[Quakes president Dave] Kaval said that the stadium design has improved since it was first proposed by owner Lew Wolff. "The original idea was that it was more utilitarian," he said. "And we are a long, long ways from that. This additional investment has gone into making it better and better."

24. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It certainly seems to have been upgraded way, way up to at least a minimum-acceptable level compared to what was first proposed! :cool:

-G

25. athletics68

athletics68 Member+

Dec 12, 2006
    San Diego & San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think it depends where you are in the stadium. It looks like you're right toward the open end and through midfield where the suites are. However it looks like it IS open on the bottom of the horse shoe and moving up both sidelines toward the luxury boxes looking at the newest renderings. So you'll at least get to walk through about 50% of the concourse and still see the field not including openings to seating areas. Which isn't too bad.