San Jose Earthquakes PDL (Official)

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by Quakesss, Feb 6, 2014.

1. lurking

lurking Member+

Feb 9, 2002
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Im sure there were multiple factors that went into this. Lots of things make sense about the location though. Cost of living is reasonable for unpaid players. Its still reasonably close, you can drive it pretty easily. Good collegiate coach to run the team.

2. QuakesForever

QuakesForever Member

Mar 15, 2014
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. blacksun

blacksun Member+

Mar 30, 2006
    Seoul, Korea
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The PDL uses last season's results for Open Cup qualification, so unless they change the qualifying format this year (which seems unlikely at this point) the Quakes U23s won't be in it.

4. QuakesForever

QuakesForever Member

Mar 15, 2014
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I meant for the future!

5. QuakesForever

QuakesForever Member

Mar 15, 2014
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    PDL roster starting to take shape.

http://www.uslsoccer.com/scripts/ru...y+E+47116+USL/Staff/+66641538+66628139#ROSTER

Devante Dubose was our 4th round pick.

Jose Diaz was the 2nd overall pick by Chivas in the 3rd round (2013). http://www.cdchivasusa.com/blog/post/2013/01/22/highlights-jose-diaz

Tom Skelly went to Georgetown and played for Orlando City.
    http://www.orlandocitysoccer.com/club/u-23s_roster/index.html?player_id=114

Seth Casiple played for Cal.

Jairo Aquino played for Cal State LA.

Remember, U-23 players cannot be signed as homegrowns unless they played in our Youth Academy (U-18 and under).

6. QuakesForever

QuakesForever Member

Mar 15, 2014
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #34 falvo, Apr 27, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2014
  8. Socarchist

Socarchist Member+

Feb 21, 2010
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    The webcast for tonight's 7 PM match vs. the Ventura County Fusion:

9. sacrxy

sacrxy BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 6, 2003
    I think Matt Wisenfarth is a Soph or Junior on the UC Davis squad.

10. blacksun

blacksun Member+

Mar 30, 2006
    Seoul, Korea
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    First game was a 1-1 draw with Matthew Sheldon (UC Davis) scoring the goal.

11. Quakesss

Quakesss Member+

Nov 16, 2013
    Bay Area
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1-1 tie against Ventura.

12. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Quakes trialist/pick from last year played Dan Delgado for the Fusion last night.

13. blacksun

blacksun Member+

Mar 30, 2006
    Seoul, Korea
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Game video

14. Quakesss

Quakesss Member+

Nov 16, 2013
    Bay Area
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1-1 tie against OC Blues

15. Socarchist

Socarchist Member+

Feb 21, 2010
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Full match video from 5/16 match vs. OC:

16. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Just came back from Fresno where the Quakes lost to the Fuego 2-0. Too tired to go into detail right now but let;s just call it a horrid display by our younger Quakes! :eek:

17. Steve0013

Steve0013 Member

Jul 20, 2012
    London, UK
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Dont see the point, if we want to loan out or develop players we just loan them to Sac who are playing at a much higher standard anyway, seems pointless but whatever i guess.

18. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Seth Casiple hit the post but other than that, the Fuego completely dominated the PDL Quakes last night. There was simply no imagination , no forwards, no passing, no defense, no nada. The Quakes GK was good as the Fuego kept coming down the wings in droves with endless shots and the Fresno should have won 4-0. Fuego GK was strong and commanded the box but other than Seth's post, they never seemed to threaten Fresno.

Anyway, it was a nice facility down there and pretty good overall organization that the Quakes or someone should seriously think of partnering with. Trouble with the Quakes anyway from what I saw is they seem to play the same way at all levels. The kick and run style has got to come from somewhere and I think its employed by the powers that be up top. I did have a great time though and recognized a lot of fans.

19. JazzyJ

JazzyJ BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 25, 2003
    Doesn't surprise me a whole lot that Fresno beat the PDL Quakes pretty solidly. I remember from the Frogs days that the Fuego tended to be one of the stronger teams in the league, and former Quakes "great" Pablo Campos played for them for a while and scored boatloads of goals. The PDL Quakes are just getting started and getting their sea legs. That said, I remember that when the Frogs started playing in these leagues, they were pretty good almost from the get-go, and played a nice quick passing style that was fun to watch.

20. Quakesss

Quakesss Member+

Nov 16, 2013
    Bay Area
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Something to take into account is that half of the team didn't travel because they played a scrimmage with the USMNT.

21. Quakesss

Quakesss Member+

Nov 16, 2013
    Bay Area
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You don't understand the difference between PDL and USL. The U-23 pdl is for college eligible players who cannot be paid or else they lose their eligibility. You cant be in college and play with USL because even if you don't get paid, you still cant play with players that do get paid.

22. JazzyJ

JazzyJ BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 25, 2003
    Disregarding the split squad for a moment, based on yesterday's results we now know the following relationship:

Fresno Fuego > Quakes PDL = USMNT

:--)

23. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #50 falvo, May 24, 2014
    Last edited: May 24, 2014
    Thing is , the Quakes have an MLS (professional) organization behind them and the Fuego are a bunch of amateurs who only have a few sponsors, a car load of fans but a lot of heart and good coaching and they also seem to get the entire community involved which does seem to happen in San Jose. If it was not for Big Soccer and me overhearing the FO talk about the PDL club in a private conversation, I would have never known about the Quakes PDL team. The Fuego's GK coach John Spurgeon, played for the old WSA Quakes and he is pretty knowledgeable and his son , Trevor also plays on the team and is local from the area. Their GK Francisco Hernandez is a great player and he is from the area as well and played or trained with the Chivas as did their hometown kid, Paul Islas and they have a few guys from Brazil and Argentina. I was very impressed with their style and the way they moved the ball around. They out classed the Quakes in every aspect in my opinion.