San Diego Boca FC thread

Discussion in 'NPSL' started by athletics68, Jan 29, 2010.

1. whoswho

whoswho Member

Feb 10, 2010
    I am with you on this one. Warren is not just a mouth but a slow consistent confident owner. He will take the team at his pace and not any faster. He has a direction for the team and is moving forward.
    Haven't heard of any major problems for his first year.
    As for Yan, he is amazing at marketing and I give him that. But everyday business he has to many failures in soccer and outside businesses.
    He should be more stable by now as he is in his second year. I don't see that, in fact I am seeing the opposite.
    My money is on Flash, but would like to see both succeed.

2. sandiegosoccerlover

sandiegosoccerlover New Member

Nov 7, 2010
    San Diego CA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bye bye sd boca? Yes i might say. Tijuana xolos are in talks of buying sd boca for a spot in the npsl in san diego. This information is coming from a friend inside the xolos administration.

It would be great for xolos and npsl if they join.

3. mike4066

mike4066 Member+

Jun 30, 2007
    Chula Vista, CA
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So does that mean they would change the name and basically be their lower league affiliate?

4. athletics68

athletics68 Member+

Dec 12, 2006
    San Diego & San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not surprising. The Xolos have a name that is getting "big" in San Diego relatively speaking. And the Boca have the best of the small stadium locales in the city right near downtown. Would have been nice having a 3 team region, but I can see some benefits of having a 2 team setup as well (not the least of which is that the "SD Derby" would now be more of an SD v Tijuana derby which could be fun).

Just wish the Xolos would work on their FMF club's winning percentage as much as they seem to be working on a northward expansion.

5. mike4066

mike4066 Member+

Jun 30, 2007
    Chula Vista, CA
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If the Xolos do buy Boca I don't see them playing their affiliate team.

Or do you mean Xolos north vs Flash?

6. athletics68

athletics68 Member+

Dec 12, 2006
    San Diego & San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I meant Xolos v Flash. I'd imagine that the Xolos, if they did buy SD Boca, would rename the team in short order to Xolos or some derivative thereof to attract fans of the parent squad (think Chivas and Chivas USA). The NPSL Xolos would still in a roundabout way represent Tijuana while the SD Flash would become the sole representative of San Diego. Making their yearly derby an SD v TJ derby of sorts.

1 person likes this.
  7. mike4066

mike4066 Member+

Jun 30, 2007
    Chula Vista, CA
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That would be awesome.....it would be even better if Flash could turn into USL Pro or PDL-Pro. Then they could try and take on Xolos Sr.

8. athletics68

athletics68 Member+

Dec 12, 2006
    San Diego & San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well that may be the future. The Flash have made no secret of their desire to some day move up to one of the USL Pro divisions or even the NASL/MLS if everything comes together. But for now I'll take an NPSL cross border derby which if I'm not mistaken would be a first for Mexican and American soccer and sports. Hopefully the Xolos can make it happen.

9. brentgoulet

brentgoulet Member+

Oct 12, 2005
    PuertoPlata, DomRep
    What is a XOLO ?

this word does not exist in dominican spanish

10. athletics68

athletics68 Member+

Dec 12, 2006
    San Diego & San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Xolos (or Xoloitzcuintle) are a breed of hairless dog native to the area around Tijuana, or at least that's my understanding of it.

http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/xoloitzcuintle.htm

[​IMG]

11. brentgoulet

brentgoulet Member+

Oct 12, 2005
    PuertoPlata, DomRep
    muchas gracias

12. mike4066

mike4066 Member+

Jun 30, 2007
    Chula Vista, CA
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It is short for Xoloitzcuintle (which isn't a spanish word).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xolo

1 person likes this.
  13. Cali4nian

Cali4nian New Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Hey Guys!
    First off just wanted to say that I've never heard of Boca before and have only recently found out about the other leagues outside of MLS. It all is very interesting and exciting to know that there is such a strong community in support of soccer here. So with that it also means I know little about these different leagues.
    I have recently become interested in Boca and am glad that there is a forum like this to discuss the club.
    So it looks like the discussion has died recently and am wondering if any of you have heard about the game coming up on Devcember 8th against CD Chivas Guadalajara U-20

14. Nacional Tijuana

Nacional Tijuana St. Louis City

St. Louis City SC
    May 6, 2003
    San Diego, Calif.
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Welcome.

Boca are in a 4th tier league called the NPSL, which, almost by definition is a summer league. So, with something like 9 months of offseason, things do die down this time of year.

I thought I had heard something about the match you're talking about, but I forget the specifics. Is this supposed to be at Petco (actually I hope not)?

15. athletics68

athletics68 Member+

Dec 12, 2006
    San Diego & San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nope. Looks like it's down at Montgomery High School.

16. Cali4nian

Cali4nian New Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Looks like Boca is putting on a free soccer clinic at catalyst training center this Saturday with some players helping out. I wonder whos gonna be on the roster for the game against Chivas U-20's

17. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    they have several free clinics for young and older I believe

there will be a try out couple days before the cd chivas game, expect some new guys plus the veterans

18. sandiegosoccerlover

Nov 7, 2010
    San Diego CA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Boca vs Chivas was very bad and boring. It was not U20 it had to have been U17 because those looked like little kids. People just left after the 1st half. I don't know what Boca is doing but doesn't sound good from fans moving over with the flash who have a more attractive soccer.

Anyways i would have asked for my ticket back but i felt sorry.

19. whoswho

whoswho Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Wow sorry to hear that. Once you damage your reputation it is hard to fix it. Especially since we have been through this story before.

20. Nacional Tijuana

St. Louis City SC
    May 6, 2003
    San Diego, Calif.
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Any word on where they intend to play during the season?

21. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    probably should have to get a message through :cool:

22. Nacional Tijuana

St. Louis City SC
    May 6, 2003
    San Diego, Calif.
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm going to fullerton for a soccer DH that includes an NPSL friendly between Fullerton and the Flash next month. Hope Boca gets busy soon.

23. sandiegosoccerlover

Nov 7, 2010
    San Diego CA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ouch san diego flash clent new boss of the south west teams and san diego flash are bringing the 2012 npsl final 4 to san diego. In 1 year and yan? Where is boca at? Boca needs to sell to xolos and fast!! Yan must be crying of anger of the new flash moves.

24. sandiegosoccer

Feb 3, 2010
    I think the Boca to Xolos died a while back. I heard they are just going to start their own deal.