Samuel Galindo

Discussion in 'Bolivia' started by batch-wafc, Oct 6, 2009.

1. MarcoM3

MarcoM3 BigSoccer Supporter

May 14, 2007
    Reyes, Beni
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Yup. just go to Wikipedia and you'll see that the VERY few times this team has made it to the second division, they don't last a season and are relegated back to third. There are a handful of bolivian players in third division teams in Europe. All of them no-names.
    Galindo is well on his way to join them. I feel bad for him, but his management team is to blame.

2. Dustyvinyl

Dustyvinyl Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Santa Ana,Ca
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Doesn't he still belong to Arsenal? There is nothing official or I haven't heard anything official. It hasn't been 5 years yet and Arsenal always loans out its player to struggling teams IMO .could be under wengers' wishes.

3. Eber1990

Eber1990 Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    He does belong to Arsenal, he's still on their website and they update his info evey weekend to mention if he did or did not play in Lugo's last game.

4. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Yes. At this point, it doesn't matter where he plays, but just as long as it's getting him Minutes, and it's all time that's going towards his ability to gain spanish citizenship so he can play for Arsenal... or get loaned out to another british team.

He's still young. I am just worried at how they're trying to get him to be more of a defensive presence.

5. Eber1990

Eber1990 Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Galindo played the last 10 minutes of Lugo's 2-0 home win against CD Mirandes. At least he's considered a sub regularly... hopefully he can earn a starting sopt soon.

6. dale_wilster

dale_wilster Member

Jul 4, 2001
    Cochabamba, Bolivia
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
  7. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Whoa... if that's true... taht would be good... I guess... lol. The espanol is taking his spot though...

8. Dustyvinyl

Dustyvinyl Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Santa Ana,Ca
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Wow what a step back back back Lol. Well hopefully Galindo gets what he's been lacking,playtime.

9. dale_wilster

dale_wilster Member

Jul 4, 2001
    Cochabamba, Bolivia
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Obviously, even as a =W= fan, I would rather have him playing in a better league and getting some PT, but it would be great to have him. This may be the only way to get back on the radar of the national team and hopefully spring forward somewhere. I wonder what Arsenal is thinking whether he will ever pan out.

Dustyvinyl repped this.
  10. Dustyvinyl

Dustyvinyl Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Santa Ana,Ca
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    If it is official,lets hope he plays at a high level.

11. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    If he's coming back to Bolivia..... Arsenal probably are done with him. At his age, is around the time Arsenal start letting go of players.

12. Eber1990

Eber1990 Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I hope that is not true!!!! WTF he only has 6 months left to get his Euro passport!!! and with that he can play as a non-foreigner in any team in Europe! WTF!!!

13. Eber1990

Eber1990 Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Also, this Spanish players coming to plain in Bolivia, wtf are they thinking!!? lol

14. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I think because they're coming from second division for capdevila, and the other guy at the strongest Third Division of spain, don't pay that well. With how shitty all clubs in spain are right now money wise, They're willing to listen to lucrative offers outside of their country.

vivabolivar repped this.
  15. vivabolivar

vivabolivar Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Does anyone have official notice from Arsenal about recision of contract, loan information or anything like that? I dont beleive anythign regarding bolivian players till it's in an official site.

16. dale_wilster

dale_wilster Member

Jul 4, 2001
    Cochabamba, Bolivia
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    It's pretty official that he won't play for Lugo this season. It still remains to be seen if he will be playing for Wilstermann. I have to see it to believe it.

I imagine some of the other league teams will start sniffing around Galindo knowing that he is willing to come back to Bolivia. Maybe Claure will open up his checkbook to lure him away from Wilstermann.

For what it's worth, I ran into a source at Felix Capriles yesterday before the match against the Strongest, and I asked him specifically about Galindo. He said that it was a done deal and that he arrives on Wed. We'll see....

17. sergtp

sergtp Member

Oct 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
  18. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
  19. Eber1990

Eber1990 Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    :thumbsdown: career over :thumbsdown:

20. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    On the contrary! I think he wil now get a look at the NT level, which will hopefully help get him looks from europe again! He;s talented. Remember that game vs. Mexico? He was AMAZING that game....

vivabolivar repped this.
  21. vivabolivar

vivabolivar Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I agree with you Fuego. Arsenal still needs to know how we will sustain as a starter, whether its for a full season of half a season. I'm sure with playing time here as you mentioned will make it VERY accessible to Azkargorta. If he does get the call ups, its just means more growth for him. What good does it do him if he is signed by any club in Europe and doesnt get playing time.

The one negative is the fact that he is no longer in Europe and I dont know if that will affect him counting as a "foreigner" or being elligilble to play in England and train with Arsenal which is the ultimate goal.
    Wilster Im sure has guaranteed Arsenal that he will be an automatic starter, and short of injury will get maximum minutes to shine. Let's just hope he does just that.

22. dale_wilster

dale_wilster Member

Jul 4, 2001
    Cochabamba, Bolivia
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Sammy G has arrived in Cochabamba. Deporte Total had footage of him arriving at Jorge Wilstermann Airport. I was somewhere without sound, so I don't know what else was said :p but I can confirm that he is in town.

23. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Nice. Yea, Viva's right about playing time. The question is though... is he still with arsenal?

vivabolivar repped this.
  24. vivabolivar

vivabolivar Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Yes, he is still with Arsenal.
    Here's the clip you were talking about Dale. ('m guessing)

25. dale_wilster

dale_wilster Member

Jul 4, 2001
    Cochabamba, Bolivia
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Actually, it was a different clip of arriving in Cbba, the one above is his arrival to Santa Cruz. But glad that it is looking more and more official. Sounds like it was made possible by the same guy who made the Berodia deal happen... just think if we had Aparicio too... (ex-Lanus) that guy was a stud. We'll make due with Salinas and Andaveris (cringe)