Samuel Galindo

Discussion in 'Bolivia' started by batch-wafc, Oct 6, 2009.

1. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    Physical is the make or break deal. All the talent in the world means nothing if you can't utilize it effectively.

Ask "fat Boy" Guiterez.

2. AleBoliviano

AleBoliviano Member

Sep 14, 2007
    NOVA
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    i have checked several uk premier league transfer sites and all of them report that this transfer is true. But the part about the him signing the "contract" seems to be false becasue it is said that he will undergo a seven day trail with the reserves and if he impresses them, then he will be given a full contract.

3. AleBoliviano

AleBoliviano Member

Sep 14, 2007
    NOVA
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
  4. boliviankidd622

Apr 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    EVERTON are set to hand a trial to South American midfield starlet Samuel Galindo.
    The 17-year-old Bolivian will arrive on Merseyside next week for a seven-day trial at Finch Farm, after being recommended by the Blues' international scouts.
    The teenager will train with Andy Holden's reserves, and could be offered a contract if he impresses in a process similar to the one which saw Seamus Coleman become an Everton player.
    Galindo, who plays for Real America in the Bolivian league, has already represented his country's U-20 side and has previously been linked with Wigan.
    Although Galindo captained the u-20s and has been training with Bolivia's full squad, there would need to be an appeal if Everton applied for a work permit.
    Galindo, who will be accompanied by his father, is reported to have told Bolivian newspapers: "I hope not to waste this opportunity to prove to everyone that there are good players in Bolivia."
    The Blues have also been linked with a move for Belgian club Moucron's midfielder Maxime Lestienne.

5. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007
    I don't think the trial is that big of a deal, this kid has legit talent, and I'd wager that the physical is primarily to check his actual age.

I however don't see how on earth they'd win an appeal. This isn't ManU or Chelsea who have much bigger clout with appeals. The fact that Galindo isn't even on a pro team and that he's never played on the full national team is going to hurt him. At least Gilbert actually saw minutes with the full squad not to mention our FIFA ranking wont help:eek:

I hope I'm wrong, but this doesn't look good.

6. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    ^^^Yep, valid points. But i mean, they could site his performance and say how he dominated at his age group, bla bla bla, we'll see.

7. boliviankidd622

Apr 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    so according to the newspaper from the website..hes on trial right now..god i hope he does well and impresses..if successful hell get more scouts in bolivia..

if not..then well be where we are rye now

8. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    He's got a week to impress.... Tick Tock....

9. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    He's going to Impress.

10. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007
    I agree, the problem will be the work permit.

My own selfish reasons would rather have him play in Spain but this is still a great opportunity and I hope it comes to fruition.

11. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    ^^As would I, as the game better suits bolivians in spain.

12. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    He's going to end up in Europe. This dude is ozzing with talent (Size, Touch, and most of all, imense vision). He may not be a great athlete, but other factors make up for it.

13. boliviankidd622

Apr 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    its been a week:eek:

14. vivabolivar

vivabolivar Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I'm sure we wont hear much until he's either been approved or denied the visa.

15. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    He probably didn't start practicing until Mid last week (Tuesday or Wed).

I don't expect anything until Friday of this week, the earliest. If Everton feels he will be a TRUE talent, then attaining the VISA won't be much of an issue. If VISA plays that much of an issue, he would have never been invited. If his talent is marginal, then I don't expect EVERTON to use their muscle in attaining a VISA.

16. Simply

Simply New Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  17. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    WHAAAAAAT???? He's signed to ARSENAL???? HOLY SHIT!!!! Didnt expect that! Well done!

Way to get them though, by taking his parents out to dinner! LOL His dad is the one running the show!

Well one things for sure, he's at a good team that plays a good style of soccer which he can learn from, especially arshavin!

18. Simply

Simply New Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Well he would be the third kid from South America we've signed this January, it seems we're doing some heavy duty scouting out there.

We have signed two Brazilian players, Wellington Silva & Zezinho.

If he can't get a work permit, it seems he might go the same route as Carlos Vela did and be loaned out to a Spanish side until we can get a work permit for him.

19. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    That would be REAL good.

He will most likely have issues though, as he probably isnt good enough to be decalred like the 'next ronaldinho', and hasnt played 1 game for the mens NT let alone 75% in the last year.

With that said though, I am happy he is going to arsenal, seeing what they did with vela.

Also his biggest issue is his speed, and explosiveness. He also is very Skinny for his height! At like 6'2-'3 he is probably 170lbs, and thats being generous!

He needs to gain weight, muscle wise, which I am sure the arsenal dieticians and physio's can help him with.

All in all he is the first bolivian to go abroad and be looked at as a developmental case as far as his age goes.

Right now the best we had was Diego Suarez which you may/may not have heard about. He was set to go to Chelsea much like you guys got your hands on Galindo. They were impressed with him, and he at the time was only like 14-15, well money issues came about, and the team he was at didnt want to let him (blooming) because of issues with money and god konws what.

He finally did leave and went to europe, but the ukraine, at dynamo kiev which he had some pull because of ex bolivian NT player Alvaro Pena was over there coaching them in some way or form.

But he will be the only other bolivian i believe to play in england since Jaime Moreno, who went to 'Boro in 93 or 94, and was fairly young, but lost his patience and left them because of lack of playing time, and came to the US for DC United (bad move IMO).

Lets hope galindo gains weight, and learns to play with more strength and speed, as his touch and vision is one of the best youth wise in south america.

20. boliviankidd622

Apr 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    haha i had that EXACT SAME REACTION!!!..omg this is awesome...its even better if he goes to spain...

21. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Yea right! Talk about moving up! Everton are strugglers and arent really known (as far as i know) for their youth development, and arsenal are the opposite! Kicking ass and their known for good youth development! I was unsure of him developing under an english academy, but if its arsenal who gives a F'! LOL They know what they are doing, and their style with the adult team suits him better then any team IMO in the EPL! Especially cause of Arshavin, galindo will learn how to play better just by practcing and watching him!

22. Simply

Simply New Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Going by what you say, that he lacks abit of pace and strength and where he plays on the pitch and what his best attributes are.

Then I should imagine his ideal role model will be our Captain Cesc Fabregas, who also had the same or similar strengths and weaknesses when he first came here, lack of strength (although he was quite small) although knew how to shield the ball and lack of real pace.

23. vivabolivar

vivabolivar Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I think the best comparison they've given Galindo is that to Patrick Viera, and we all know the success he's had with Arsenal. Now being more realistic, it's def not a done deal and the signing is as real as the signing he had with Everton. Skysports has reported this and less prominent papers as the mirror, tribalfootbal, totalfootbal and our very own Facetas Deportivas. He's not on the Arsenal site yet and I'm sure Arsenal would have more pull than Everton. I like his chances for a permit with Arsenal better than Everton or any other English club that has tried to nab him.

Of course we all would be delighted to see him in Arsenal. I'd say his strengths are excellent vision and patience with the ball, has a good stride to attack, hold and pass to open up forwards. His weaknesses are, well since he's 6'3", a bit lanky and needs to bulk up for strength in the EPL. His long range passes tend to float to much in the air before it gets to the player, so he's gonna have to make them less floaty to get there sooner, but i'm sure Arsenal has the coaches to teach him the right way.

IT would be great to see him with the gunners but as always until he's on their website, it's just another rummor.

24. boliviankidd622

Apr 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    they said he practiced with the first team and then went out to a VIP meal..if he practiced with the first team and impressed..then this says he has what it takes...idk if its legit tho...

25. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007
    I'll wait until I see him on their site or hear definite confirmation from the boy himself that he signed the deal. Remember last year that Galindo said it was practically a done deal that he was going to Fiorentina?

They have some actual details, and he actually is over there so that bodes well for the validity of the report, but let's just wait and see.

If it does go down as truth then I can't help but feel a little bad for the Toffees. I presume they're the ones that bought him the plane ticket to England:eek:

Is anyone else pissed as me that Sanchez decided to play Gilbert during the qualifiers instead of Galindo now. Or even worse, that his younger brother is a damn goalie instead of an attacking player:(

His vision and touch is really what sets him apart. Let's wait and see.