Samuel Galindo

Discussion in 'Bolivia' started by batch-wafc, Oct 6, 2009.

1. sergtp

sergtp Member

Oct 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    he kind of has serious skill.

2. Dustyvinyl

Dustyvinyl Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Santa Ana,Ca
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    you make it sound like it's a bad thing :D

3. MarcoM3

MarcoM3 BigSoccer Supporter

May 14, 2007
    Reyes, Beni
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Not really, but it is obvious that exposes himself to getting hacked. He is definitely talented AND confident, though.

4. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I agree, he still has ALOT to go before this potential can be something....

But he does have it... lets see how he can grow.

I kinda don't like that he is going to be a product of england aka arsenal... as it seems they are molding him to be a bit too defensive for my taste considering we want him to be our next '10'.

5. sergtp

sergtp Member

Oct 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    a Bolivian being molded by Arsenal, i have no problem with that whatsoever.

6. vivabolivar

vivabolivar Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I think he does a bit, but something easily corrected. The highlights of that game, when he touches the ball is just like Riquelme. For Bolivia that's great because he can control and slow the game down, but has good vision for passes.

I dont know that that translates well in English futbol as they like the fast pace. VIera was the same way for Arsenal, and he was very effective. He uses his body well to cotrol , the skills are def there. Now all he needs is the tutelage of Wenger and we're set.

7. Dustyvinyl

Dustyvinyl Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Santa Ana,Ca
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    yeah that's true. playing like that leads to getting overrun. he's got potential and it reminds me of Riquelme and how he used to hold the ball while 3 defenders were all over him. not bad

i was thinking the same thing(Riquelme and Galindo's vision)! I can't think of anybody that plays like that for Bolivia at the moment.
    I see him as a Box to Box midfielder who not only attacks but defends well. did you see his slide tackles in this and the last highlight video? :eek:

8. boliviankidd622

Apr 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It actually fits the void that we have on the NT...central mid

9. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I think we need more of a creative bite. What ever he is learning, for me... is taking that awy from him, and having him play more deep.

We need a offensive talent in the middle that can add to the attack, assist, and be very defensive. IMO at defensive mid we're ok right now with our options and maybe Chumita for the future.

10. vivabolivar

vivabolivar Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    just because he is played like that at club level, doesnt mean he can continue to be offensive with the nats. we're benefiting that Moreno is back in Brazil, and hopefully we can see him and pedriel up front. Both of those tall forwards would benefit from Galindo's vision in crosses.

WE have to get Pedriel going. he was laid of for months and returns scoring goals in a fast, tough Turkish league. Turkish soccer is heavily Brazilian influenced, Pedriel is dong well there.

11. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Lets see how things turn out.... we need to call this kid back to the NT if he is getting PT.

12. Eber1990

Eber1990 Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I was hoping Galindo would head out on this transfer window, but it didnt happen... he's been is Spain for two years already? how long before he can play in the EPL? or how old does he have to be? (he'll be 20 this year)

13. MADPUPPY

MADPUPPY Member

Apr 4, 2000
    I'd like to see Galindo get mor playing time.

14. atsegnorts

atsegnorts Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Falls Church
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I don't think it has to do with time in spain, I think he has to start a certain percentage for Bolivia before he can get a work visa in england.

15. Eber1990

Eber1990 Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    thats because f his age tho, I'm sure he was older he could get it easier, also I think there is the option of playing in europe for 4 or 5 years? something like that

16. atsegnorts

atsegnorts Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Falls Church
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    http://www.visalogic.net/united-kingdom_visa-requirements-for-english-football_pie.aspx?t=4&t2=148

Criteria for Players

To be eligible for a Governing Body Endorsement under PBS:

• The applicant club must be in membership of the Premier League or Football League. During the period of endorsement, the player may only play for clubs in membership of those leagues (i.e. the player may not be loaned to a club below the Football League);
    • The player must have participated in at least 75% of his home country’s senior competitive international matches where he was available for selection during the two years preceding the date of the application; and
    • The player’s National Association must be at or above 70th place in the official FIFA World Rankings when averaged over the two years preceding the date of the application.
    Doesn't look good for Galindo's dream of playing in an Arsenal jersey specially with bullet #3

17. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Dont forget the rule of being a 'special' talent. Wenger could file based on that, and he can get it.

18. vivabolivar

vivabolivar Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Fuego, don't forget that they tried that and failed. He's on the bench on a second division team, what's special about that! The way around that is staying in Spain one more year, getting a working visa, a working visa in Spain is a working visa in the EU, then he can go to England.

19. MarcoM3

MarcoM3 BigSoccer Supporter

May 14, 2007
    Reyes, Beni
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Not only that, but his team is close to being relegated to the third division. I rather see him playing elsewhere.

20. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Hello all, I've been following this forum for some time, as well as Galindo. I must say he is progresing way slower than I'd wished. I dont't see him in the nats for at least this year, and for sure don't see him in Arsenal's first team.He needs more playing time.

21. atsegnorts

atsegnorts Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Falls Church
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia

I am not trying to call u out but i thought the epl didn't participate in the eu, can you find this in writting, so I can feel better at night.

22. vivabolivar

vivabolivar Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
  23. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Also, maybe they are trying to get him to get his spanish citizenship?

If you fall under the criteria, Bolivia is one of the countries that has the pact where if they live in the country for 2 years, they can apply for citizenship.

24. vivabolivar

vivabolivar Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    that's exactly right fuego, that's what they did with Vela. Once you have a citinzenship in one of the EU countries you don't count as an "extrangero" and can play anywhere yuo are contracted. THe other way to get to the EPL with out the citizenship is virtually imposible for Galindo. He needs to be there one more season and can start the paperwork.

25. sergtp

sergtp Member

Oct 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    It seems ilogical to me that an Arsenal prospect like Samuel Galindo cannot establish himself as a full time starter in a squad that is in last place in the liga adelante in spain. Of course i don't know all the facts, reasons or circumstances that him/the team may be under but it still doesn't add up to me.
    Yes he does get playing time, mainly as a second half sub, 90% of the time he will not start. Mainly goes to the bench and when he does go to the bench more then half the time he won't even come into the match.
    I fail to see how someone as talented as Galindo has yet to establish himself solidly into a second division spanish squad.