Sam's Brigade: Supporters Group for College-aged Dynamo Fans

Discussion in 'Houston Supporters Clubs' started by el jefe2010, May 6, 2011.

1. el jefe2010

el jefe2010 Member

May 7, 2010
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sam's Brigade is a new supporters group that focuses on Dynamo fans that are in or around the college age. We are forming this season and focusing on a push towards 2012. The two leaders will be meeting with Dynamo VP Rocky Harris in few weeks to make the group official. If you are interested you can email at sams.brigade@gmail, follow us on Twitter @SamsBrigade or join the Sam's Brigade group on facebook

2. Blu N Houston

Blu N Houston Member

Apr 8, 2005
    In your head!
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    your new group needs to talk to Nordi about join our Dynamo Supporters Alliance.

3. el jefe2010

el jefe2010 Member

May 7, 2010
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    how do I get ahold of them?

4. Gregory McSwiggins

Gregory McSwiggins New Member

Jun 9, 2010
    Magnolia
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    This is bullchet! How many groups do we need? Why not join one o the already existent groups? It isn't like you'll be hangin with old farts (making your lil group exclusive to college students). Lemme guess, it'll be a whole nee spin to what were already trying to accomplish at Robertson? Stop trying to reinvent the wheel homeslice...

5. el jefe2010

el jefe2010 Member

May 7, 2010
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Dynamo FO seems to disagree. They've been encouraging us to push forward

6. Gregory McSwiggins

Jun 9, 2010
    Magnolia
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I'm sure they are...it would be stupid of them not to. 2012, you'll be sitting along side the already existent supporters. To sum all this up for you, you're supporters group will be asked to have all of it's members give a $50 deposit to ensure a season ticket in the new supporters section, blah, blah, blah...so welcome to the club. Thing is it would've been much easier for you to join us as opposed to coming in to our area with your new lil herd thinking you're gonna create something new as opposed to what we've already got going on. Good luck.

7. MannieG

MannieG Member+

Nov 30, 2006
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Swigs, why so emotional and aggressive? Man rag time? You're out of control, son! :D

8. Gregory McSwiggins

Jun 9, 2010
    Magnolia
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Dude! I've been going to meetings, sitting thru freaking counseling sessions, listening to endless bs so that we can get along and grow as supporters so I think it's bullchet that they (FO) would now create this open policy for all a-holes that wanna form a social club have a go at it! We've worked too hard to get here...what makes them think that by having their little meet & greet with potential new groups, will make us work with them when they slap us all together in the section they're trying to fill up in the new stadium? They can kiss my ass...I'll be the first to start the sh!t talking! I'm working with Brickwal, TA and LB. That's it!

9. MannieG

MannieG Member+

Nov 30, 2006
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Chillax homie. I know where you're coming from, and I agree. Just busting your balls.

10. nbrooks503

nbrooks503 Previously Held @Dynamo Hostage From 2008-2019

Jun 1, 2008
    Disgruntled Former STH - Fairweather Bandwaggoner
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I was at the Toronto game this past weekend. They have four distinct supporters groups who occupy one end of the stadium and one of the corners on the other end. Really well coordinated and made one heck of a noise throughout the entire game.

I think that your initial problem will be attracting enough folks to your group to make an visual and audio impact.

Good luck

11. Blu N Houston

Blu N Houston Member

Apr 8, 2005
    In your head!
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    hahaha
    Two or more teens are considered a gang...two or more college kids, a new supporter group.

12. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    NOT another La Doce from Budweiser!

FWIW jefe2010,
    The dudes that lit the first flare for our Dynamo back in Game 1 were college guys so I get where you want to grow your efforts with a young, perhaps energetic crowd but as it has been pointed out to you there is already a home for you and your buddies in the existing 4 groups that make up the Houston hinchada at the Rob. Take your pick brochacho. You can always arrive as you are and find a welcoming beer from us.
    We always have beers for newbies.

13. Maybs3923

Maybs3923 New Member

May 14, 2010
    Pasadena
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo

Lol Brickwall. Where the ******** are they at games anyway? It's not like every supporter group has to fight each other. We each show up as we please and cheer for one team. Get off of your high horse.

14. Maybs3923

Maybs3923 New Member

May 14, 2010
    Pasadena
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Re: NOT another La Doce from Budweiser!

And TA and EB play the same god da** songs over and over and over. You change the lyrics but wait, it's the same beat! TA and EB are by no means "good" supporter groups just because they've been around the longest.

15. Blu N Houston

Blu N Houston Member

Apr 8, 2005
    In your head!
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So you think your new group can do it better?
    well then have at it, it's not as easy as it sounds.

As far as your negitive comment about TA and EB support, trick please!
    your BS about Brickwall shows your a fairweather fan to say the least.. Brickwall stands with El Batallon and they've been around for a while.

IMO...If you want this to work,you better reach out to the SG's that are in placed now. Yeah your going to get some tuff love but then again this isn't a just a once in awhile thing, it's a lifestyle.

nuff said!

16. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bayern München Fan Boys are everywhere!

Maybs, you, YOU meany!

Now take that back.

17. Gregory McSwiggins

Jun 9, 2010
    Magnolia
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I truly hope you're the leader or at least will be forming part of this new group cause I will now make it my personal mission to make sure you fail.

18. Blu N Houston

Blu N Houston Member

Apr 8, 2005
    In your head!
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :D is that the same as Man U bandwagon Glory Whore ?

19. DynamoFan27

DynamoFan27 New Member

May 10, 2011
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Great to see new groups flourishing! I say more power to you!

20. BRICKWALLTX

BRICKWALLTX New Member

Aug 1, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We're usually drinking a reckless necklace under the stands, looking up your fat girlfriend's skirts. For a college kid, i thought you would be smarter than to just start talking chet right out of the gate.

21. MannieG

MannieG Member+

Nov 30, 2006
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh crap. Slow your roll chief. Do you really want to get smacked in public over something you said on the interwebs? Not worth it.

22. The_Ponce

The_Ponce Co-President of the United States of Dynamo

Feb 21, 2011
    Houston, Texas, U.S.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think it's a bright idea idea to tick off the BW guys...considering they're all like former military types and eat people that are whiny ******* for breakfast.

Just a word of advice: all SGs have had support from another SG at least during one point or another, so I don't think you want to go on insulting folks that can either welcome or reject you. You can either become like the Orange Fanaticos (solo sideline group without much support from other SGs) or one of the SGs that are bringing the noise every game, and gets support from FO and other SGs. Just because the FO says you're an SG that does not mean that others will accept you as one. Just rewind and calm down, Sam's Brigade peepz.

Great idea though but I also feel it may actually be nicer if you just helped one of the other groups recruit. That way you have something to show possible members. It's hard to find people that are willing to practice songs and paint Tifo, especially from scratch.

No matter what you do...thanks for showing some effort, most people wouldn't have done that and that alone is proof that you're a real fan and your heart is in the right place.

23. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Which is why I opened my response to the OP with, FWIW...it was two college age dudes that showed up in Season 1 to bring some passion, so I hear ya on being young and wanting to get loud n proud for our boys.
    But then this guy Maybs responded by marching off to the deep end with calling folks out.
    Not wise from any standpoint.

24. el jefe2010

el jefe2010 Member

May 7, 2010
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think this is what happens when you're up too late posting on bs...

25. Maybs3923

Maybs3923 New Member

May 14, 2010
    Pasadena
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    I'm not a member of SB. Mcswiggins is the one flying off the handle saying he's gonna make it personal now and take them down.