Salvadorians Abroad 2013 Edition

Discussion in 'El Salvador' started by slaminsams, Jan 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Don't forget Diego Coca he has played in Texas so he is used to the weather.

mavericks67 repped this.
  2. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Well, since thats out there, blue nation will leave for ES this friday. Any players wanted will be named here (or players inquired about). Only 6 will go since they tried to cancel on us.
    Supposedly, they want to build a youth system for ES here in LA, with BN leading it. We have a tournament on the 29 to see if were a good option for this.
    Ill let u know the situation on both things when they advance

3. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Cool best of luck.

4. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Good stuff!

I wouldn't be keen on Fito, not cos of the scandal, but cos he has too much to lose by going to MLS, he's one of our most talented players, he deserves to play in Europe, not MLS.

As for partnering up with FESA, NOW WE'RE TALKING!! MAKE SURE YOU TELL THE FC DALLAS DIRECTOR THAT!! This will encourage a larger Salvadoran fan base!

5. Futbol E.S. Por Vida

Oct 31, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    I'm unclear about Fito situation right now. Does he still have 1 year suspension, can he play professional club level, didn't FIFA say all suspended players from El Salvador's soccer federation are life banned?

6. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Fito's suspension is for a year and it has been roughly 3-4 months I think I know I'm wrong on that. So far FIFA has made the sanctions international so the most they can play is at he amateur level which they are doing now.

Once the suspensions are up Fito can play club level once again along with Turcios and Cheyo.

7. mavericks67

mavericks67 Member

Jun 11, 2009
    Club:
    Alianza FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Darwin Ceren is a holding midfielder? Would he do good in MLS in that role?

8. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    It really depends on who they're looking to get. I've said it many times but i really think our players need to stay away from MLS; that is unless they are one of our older players who are not going to be options for the next world cup cycle. So that said, if it's someone like Purdy or Alvarez then i'd say talk them up, other then that i'd really hate to see any of our promising talent move over there.

I'm not a fan of them forming links with FESA either, maybe if they signed a junior Salvadoran american then that might be ok (someone like Christian Rodriguez or Alan Rovira maybe; just throwing names our there...), but i doubt they'd go this route seeing as what they want is a boost in ticket sales (surprise surprise) and signing a junior who will more then likely see very little if any game time won't help them so...

If i was there, i'd actually try and sell them on something completely different. I mean what they want (as always) is to use our players to make them more money, and that's fair enough, i mean they are a business after all, but because it's good for them doesn't necessarily mean it's good for us. BUT if they were to sign someone like say Cerritos in a coaching position (hear me out here), then that would be beneficial to both parties and we would support it. Of course this is a completely different scenario then what they have in mind, but in the long term i think it's what would most help us in the future. And after all that's what's important! Our player development! Our coaches development! Not making the MLS more money through ticket and merchandise sales! Just something to keep in mind!

mavericks67 repped this.
  9. Futbol E.S. Por Vida

Oct 31, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Oh it's not as bad as I thought it would be then, at least they can play amateur level to stay in form.

10. Futbol E.S. Por Vida

Oct 31, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Don't think so I could see him playing probably in Colombia or a mid. or lower table club team in Chile.

11. Futbol E.S. Por Vida

Oct 31, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    I can see Isidro Guitierrez, Cheyo, and Dustin Corea playing well in the MLS but I can't imagine the other national team players playing well in MLS.

That actually wouldn't be a bad idea having a Salvadoran coach to coach a MLS team but in order to do that he would have to succeed in El Salvador or somewhere in Central America winning multiple championships and getting offered the job.

Having El Chochera going to Peru might have it's upsides since he could call up some players to the club he's coaching over there. The last time he coached there he wanted to bring Jaime Alas but the club was having trouble paying there players and money issues. I rather have him as El Salvador's coach right now.

12. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    You just might get your wish word going around he might still be in charge of the NT till June-July.

13. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Well that is if they can finish a game. Ever since twitter posted where they play at they are hounded by Salvadorians.

14. Futbol E.S. Por Vida

Oct 31, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    These fans need to calm down first we don't need about the actual stories about these players that are suspended for a couple of months/1 year. Now for the players who actually have a life time banned I can understand but I wouldn't rush to conclusion. Some of these players are still working out stuff with their lawyers too. I'm surprised the media or federation won't say what each player did to get the punishment each player got.

15. Futbol E.S. Por Vida

Oct 31, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Well that's good I think he should be a continue until we can find a better coach who's interested in coaching El Salvador's national soccer team. Right now in the Salvadoran League there's no coaches ready for international level. Jorge Rodriguez showing some potential sign though with the little time he had with Metapan's club players and good results with the club he could probably be an option if he can win a champion and continue with a consistent or improving results the following season.

16. mavericks67

mavericks67 Member

Jun 11, 2009
    Club:
    Alianza FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Guys the meeting went well, I got to hear some cool stories. Unfortunately I can not discuss any further information regarding the meeting.

17. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Iraheta has just been let go by CUSA. Lets see where he goes now...

18. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    So has Purdy to which again I ask why do these guys bother trying out for that scrub club.

19. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Damn, I didn't see his name. They have the whole off season to go somehwere, and (even though its basically impossible) jan is comimg up for them to go to Europe

20. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    Iraheta is young so wouldn't be surprised for another MLS club to look at him as an option, Purdy is all but done though IMO. That's three MLS clubs he has failed to win a starting position in, i doubt anyone is going to be in a rush to sign him. They should both just try there luck in El Salvador! I could see Marvin moving back there at some point, doubt Purdy would want to go though.

21. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    I forgot to add it did bug me that Purdy asked for votes for CUSA defender of the year and people will always come out and vote if a Salvadorian is in the poll smh.

22. Futbol E.S. Por Vida

Oct 31, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Iraheta should go to CD FAS and I would recommend Purdy to go there too but doubt he'll go. He could try his luck somewhere in 1st divsion in South America.

23. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    At most Purdy can maybe get in a second division team in SA. I think he might go to NASL realistically, if he ever goes to El Salvador maybe Juve or Firpo or one of the big 3. I mean the only other option would be Santa Tecla, as long as it's anywhere but UES.

24. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Also San Jose has until Dec 1st to see if they will pick up Jaime's option doubt it but a tweet from 3 days ago makes it sound like he is back in Norway but the translation comes out to this.

@ KS84: Martin Linnesfjellet with a innhopp in line with Jaime Alas his first for Rosenborg. Hopeless.

Also it sounds like Derby could be headed back to El Salvador for one of the capital teams more than likely Alianza. This has been the rumor mill on twitter.

-Lester's team was set to play today but it was postponed.

-Bautista has been nursing an injury and says he should be ready to go this weekend as Mictlan hosts Universidad SC, Mictlan was blasted 7-0 earlier this week against Comunicaciones.

-Burgos scored once in a 4-0 win in the last match in the cup's group stage but failed to advance due to losing a couple days earlier. Staying in Hungary it sounds like AA didn't see playing time in their last cup game they won but also failed to advance.

En la mira
    The Ascenso MX playoffs have begun and Orlando Pineda played the entire game but his team fell 1-0. They host the second leg tomorrow.

25. Droman x

Droman x Member

Oct 30, 2010
    Chicago Il
    Club:
    Real Madrid