Salt lake made me to be proud of the MLS.....

Discussion in 'MLS: News & Analysis' started by Brrca Fan redded, Apr 16, 2005.

1. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    Re: Salt lake made me to be proud of the MLS.

I can't believe Clavijo is coaching in MLS again. I mean, he sucked the first time around too. Why bring him back?

2. JasonC

JasonC New Member

May 21, 2001
    Billings, Mont.

To please Paul Gardner.

3. Th4119

Th4119 Member

Jul 26, 2001
    Annandale, VA

I agree that he generally sucks, but at least Colorado wasn't keeping 10 players in their half all game like they had an affinity to doing so in the past.

I think Clavijo, once he gets his forwards healthy, actually has a chance for a decent season with an offensive approach and a fantastic goalie. While I expect Cannon's numbers to drop some, I think they will get some more wins instead of draws this season.

As for the Galaxy/Chivas game, I think those LA matchups could go a long way towards building a bigger fanbase for both teams.

First reason being that all of those games are going to be sellouts, which is good. Even if Chivas is sucking and drawing 8,000 a match, Galaxy fans will scrounge up the rest.

Second, there will be a lot more media attention surrounding the game. Two teams from the same city don't play each other very often in any sport, so I'd expect a decent amount of coverage for that game which should draw some more interest.

I don't expect big things from Chivas at this point, but hopefully their numbers at least hold steady if not grow a bit. At least the 27,000 they will get for their "home" games against the Galaxy will help bump their average up a bit.