Saint John Terry: As If He'd Do Such a Thing- OTT 21 [R]

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by el-capitano, Jul 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    Some on your own forum have sided with me on this, and your own mod told you to shut it. But you remain desperate to get a rise, such is the sad state of your existence.

So I came up with a solution.

I am off to bed, but feel free to outline your argument as to why Rio Ferdinand is a shit there, and I'll be back to you tomorrow. A nice, neutral venue since you are so eager to have this argument. :)

2. blanconi

blanconi Member+

Aug 25, 2008
    The mod asked for an end to this. You're the primary instigator here, that would include you shutting your stupid mouth. I already asked you to stop repeatedly and you refused.

Appealing to other posters, yet claiming not to be posturing is not ironic. No, not at all! Well done on substantiating my point.

That post you made with that silly little paragraph is yet another instance of you trying to prove yourself. If you wanted a serious civilized discussion, you would have not worded it like that in fact, you would have had the discussion right here. You seem rather bitter, so apparently I've gotten under our skin (which is surprizing to me since I don't take much of it seriously). You little internet warrior you! Trying ever-so hard. You're now beyond pathetic. ;)

PS. Sorry for the mess fellas. :D

3. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    So we done now? ;)

Back to Other Teams:

How bout that Mick McCarthy at Ipswich eh?

I'm using that just as an excuse to post this again. :)

[​IMG]

Cody667 and billyireland repped this.
  4. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Leaving the clearing corners bit, he played a major role in the opening goal. It was his chest-down into the path of Young that set the whole move up.

He also hit the crossbar on what should have been Young's goal, had a shot blocked after dribbling two men, headed over and it was his run that occupied Citeh's central defenders that left Rooney open for the 2nd.

All in all, he had a good game. He didn't see a great deal of the ball -- that I will agree to -- but when he did, good things generally happened. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that Mancini had instructed the bitters not to let RvP beat them because every time we got the ball in the final third, he had 2 in attendance.

5. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    Yep, we're done. I were done as soon once we were asked to stop. If he wants to carry on, he can do so in that thread, in a neutral setting. I'll be more than happy to talk about merits of Rio Ferdinand with him in there. So it's up to him. :)

Of course, if he's happy telling himself what reality is, as opposed to what the majority tells him it is, he can continue to create his own little echo chamber in here. He's funny like that. ;)

6. Twenty26Six

Twenty26Six Feeling Sheepish...

Jan 2, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know. Wtf was that a personal blog?

Good grief. Go back to your hole. If you came here for anyother reason than to be the "moral police" and defend Ferdinand of all people, most of us would be happy to ahve you. But, really, are you that bored and or lonely to come here and write a 5,000 word rebuttal to every post?

blanconi, el-capitano and billyireland repped this.
  7. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    Love you too, sugar tits. :)

https://www.bigsoccer.com/community/threads/is-rio-ferdinand-a-shit.1979535/

8. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    He's in Ireland in winter, there aint that much to do. :D

billyireland and liverbird repped this.
  9. Twenty26Six

Twenty26Six Feeling Sheepish...

Jan 2, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is getting ridiculous. He may be the only poster on the history of big soccer to actually regress in maturity over time.

blanconi repped this.
  10. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    Coming from Sydney in it's summer, it is a new kind of boring. And cold. but mostly boring.

I've got a love-letter for 26, can you give it to him for me? Because he seems like the aggressive type. :)

11. blanconi

blanconi Member+

Aug 25, 2008
    He's still here? :D

Man, the irony this guy elicits is just astounding.

Is he really trying to play the passive-aggressive card on TwentySix now? Good grief make it stop.

Argumentum ad populum is a logical fallacy. Learn your stuff.

12. never walk alone TPK

Sep 27, 2004
    nairobi, kenya
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Kenya
    The ******** is going on here?

lcstriker11 and newterp repped this.
  13. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    seriously!

14. LiverpoolFanatic

Liverpool FC, Philadelphia Union
    Feb 19, 2000
    Lancaster, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't know why this blew up the way it did. I do know there is an ignore button. Some of y'all might want to find it, if nothing else for the sanity of our little corner of BS. :D

15. revelationx

revelationx Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    London
    I missed this thread for a few days and it has all blown up! haha.

Coin throwing should be condemned. I have complained about it here a couple of times. Suarez has been hit by coins in our last two matches at Goodison Park. Everton did not get punished at all AFAIK. Just a warning last year, and nothing for this year. They will do it again next year because it has become a tradition there now and the FA will do nothing again because they are biased against Suarez.

It is Everton fans throwing coins that allowed Kenwright their last transfer kitty. He must be hoping they host us in the FA Cup, because then they might be able to give Fellaini a pay-rise.

billyireland and ryered repped this.
  16. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    It's a real nightmare to deal with for authorities as well, because it is so hard to catch on camera, more so than obviously fans getting on the pitch, or even racist gestures from the stands (and while they have no place in the game by any means, physical harm is of course more dangerous than insults).

I think it was Gordon Taylor on SSN yesterday talking about putting nets up, but that seems a bit of a knee-jerk reaction, and it was pointed out that to entirely stop coins and missiles getting through, the meshing would have to be fine enough as to disrupt the view for the fans altogether. Almost over-the-top harsh punishments would be one deterrent, but would not solve the problem of catching those responsible in the first place. Then another option is littering every stadium with tonnes of cameras, but while that would be fine at Anfield or Old Trafford, when you get to the smaller clubs it would be a severe financial strain (both in installation, and maintenance costs).

The best short-term solution might be the 'harsh punishment for all' route, such as banning all fans for a few games because of one person throwing a coin (it would also lead to fans being vigilant against their peers doing such things - which would have both a positive and negative impact), but in terms of setting up something preemptive to stop it, it really is a troubling issue.

17. Cody667

Cody667 Member+

May 10, 2010
    Sudbury, ON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    How sad is it that I never even knew you had mod powers :laugh:

18. Cody667

Cody667 Member+

May 10, 2010
    Sudbury, ON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Oh man I love how this thread is getting out of control, because we desperately need a new OTT and a new title...this John Terry one is quite dated. I'm no good at naming stuff, but how about like:

"Teams Gareth Bale has dived against...damn foreigners."

or

"Fear not! Pardew has 8 years to turn things around"

I donno, let's hear some suggestions.

19. LiverpoolFanatic

Liverpool FC, Philadelphia Union
    Feb 19, 2000
    Lancaster, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sunderland beat Reading at Stadium of Blight 2-0. Fletcher scored an exquisite back heeled goal that was pure magic.

Reading are going down.Just cannot see them getting out of the hole they are in.

20. revelationx

revelationx Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    London
    This is the winner here.

The OTT thread #pray4bradford

Some arrogant Arsenal fans made up this disrespectful hash-tag on twitter once they saw the lineups ahead of the Bradford-Arsenal game. Arsenal snatch a last minute equaliser to get to extra-time before bottling their penalty shootout. Bradford prolong Arsenal's trophy drought. Must have been all those prayers?

https://twitter.com/search?q=#Pray4Bradford&src=hash

Twenty26Six repped this.
  21. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    You should see what I do to your posts after a week or so. ;)

never walk alone TPK and liverbird repped this.