Saint John Terry: As If He'd Do Such a Thing- OTT 21 [R]

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by el-capitano, Jul 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AndSomeAreAngels

Jun 7, 2003
    Brokelyn
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So Roma finally completed Mikey Bradley's move from Chievo. Crazy that he's still only 24, it feels like he's been around forever. He's certainly played for enough clubs already.

liverbird repped this.
  2. ScholesyLFC

ScholesyLFC Member+

Aug 23, 2005
    Holladay, Utah
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    well yes, but they are ridiculous, clearly have been for decades now. For me it's just not worth the stress of worrying about someone else who I don't like anyway. LFC is always going to be disliked by the FA and we know they have no balls, they won't take on the likes of Man U or Chelski so I'm not going to keep worrying about something that is a fact. They have double standards, the FA is corrupt, FIFA is corrupt, the anti racism organisations are about as effectual against racism as my cat is a proponent of mouse rights in our garden - we have to work with them for now and so we have to deal with it. We chose the path of least resistance after all.

Nobody actually thought JT would be found guilty surely? The fact that he used a descriptive term before an insult is just meaningless, I'm more interested in the insult that the fact that he described someones colour. If I worried every time someone used the word 'white' in a discussion with me when they reference me I would never get out of bed.

The other side of this is that I am not inclined to believe anything from a Ferdinand brother, especially one who says he didn't even hear the insult and therefore doesn't know the context it was allegedly made in. Of course he was going to be found not guilty. Now are we suggesting that the FA should start employing lip readers so that they can start fining players every time they swear on the pitch? Going to need a lot of them... :)

3. Strikers20

Strikers20 Member

May 4, 2011
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Surely you aren't that dense?

It's not the same thing. Calling a Caucasian person "white" is different than calling a person of African descent "black", especially in a derogatory/heated way. If you don't see the difference, then you are ignorant.

4. ScholesyLFC

ScholesyLFC Member+

Aug 23, 2005
    Holladay, Utah
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Well clearly you know so much more about me than I do about you so I will assume that your ill informed and attacking rant is just that - an ill informed rant. That or you are a knob. Since you know absolutely nothing about me I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt this time, but next time I'll go with my first thought. Either way I am not sure how my statement could be construed as ignorant but I would love to hear your intellectual take on modern race relations in a multicultural world. Fascinating I'm sure.

Just curious but who says Ferdinand is of African decent?

5. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Put down the handbags ladies. ;)

Thanks.

6. idreamofpikas

idreamofpikas Member+

May 22, 2009
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    We are all of African descent :p

jeffcoop and burning247 repped this.
  7. ScholesyLFC

ScholesyLFC Member+

Aug 23, 2005
    Holladay, Utah
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Not if you ask a scientist who believes the multiregionalism theory... :D

8. AndSomeAreAngels

Jun 7, 2003
    Brokelyn
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey now - Dakota's home state is a hotbed of multiculturalism and diversity:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Dakota#Ethnic_groups_and_ancestry

9. ThatEndDown

ThatEndDown Member+

Dec 2, 2010
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He is that dense. And don't call him Shirley.

ScholesyLFC repped this.
  10. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
  11. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    The spoken word
    "I know I can still bang them in at the top level. I proved that nearly every time I played for Man Utd. At 32, still got a few years in me." – Michael Owen, who scored just five goals in three years with Manchester United seems to have a different recollection of his time with the Red Devils than most others who saw him play.
    http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/the-circus/blog/1113442/EPL-Circus---17-July

AndSomeAreAngels repped this.
  12. liverbird

liverbird BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ok does that mean that 27% of Sydney's population is aboriginal or that 27% identifies as Australian because they either don't know or don't care where in Europe or Asia they came from?

13. imasyko

imasyko Member+

May 16, 2002
    Spring City, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's MLS time, Mikey.

14. imasyko

imasyko Member+

May 16, 2002
    Spring City, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  15. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    As in born here. ;)

16. blanconi

blanconi Member+

Aug 25, 2008
    Yeah, you need to calm down a bit. He was just making a point (valid or not). You're downright insulting him.

17. soccerlexis

soccerlexis Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Boston
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    We all know he probably said it. But in this situation it was the black player trying to get Terry wound up by taking shots at his personal life. As reprehensible as his personal life may be, there is a difference between someone getting provoked like that and a cold-blooded racial assault. Unlike the Suarez situation where the FA assessed that Suarez was clearly trying to get Evra wound up and the ManU players were insisting that Evra keep his head, in this situation Ferdinand was trash-talking Terry and provoked the entire situation.

So whether it can be proved or not, I think the nature of this situation is different. Using race as an insult is wrong in any situation, let me be clear, I am not defending Terry. But the severity of the offense is mitigated by the fact that Ferdinand was the initial aggressor.

18. Kawklee

Kawklee BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 30, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think it was the smartest thing he's ever done. He literally used the word in a sarcastic manner. Just underlines the stupidity of Terry getting off.

19. Kawklee

Kawklee BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 30, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think it was the smartest thing Ferdinand's ever done. He literally used the word in a sarcastic manner. Just underlines the stupidity of Terry getting off.

20. blanconi

blanconi Member+

Aug 25, 2008
    So just because the FA assessed it so, it makes it so? I thought the whole point of contention is that the FA got it wrong.

21. idreamofpikas

idreamofpikas Member+

May 22, 2009
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Sorry Stilts, if signing your boy Dempsey means this tool is going to start posting here again I'd rather we looked elsewhere :whistling:

22. never walk alone TPK

Sep 27, 2004
    nairobi, kenya
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Kenya
    :cry: Awww terry got his feelings hurt:cry: . Well if you go ******** your own teammates wife, while having a wife at home and then when you get stick for it you deserve it.

23. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    What a load of crap. Evra was the inital agressor.

Whaty you [deliberately] fail to understand is that there is a fundamental difference betwen due process in a court of law and a kangaroo court. Yet, even an idiot ought to know that.

24. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    so what you're really saying is the soccerlexis is actually dumber than an idiot?

25. ryered

ryered Member+

Jan 15, 2007
    Hill Country
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Ah, what's a Friday morning without a good wind up...

el-capitano repped this.