S.L. Benfica 2013/2014 Season: Signing of the Serbians Era

Discussion in 'SL Benfica' started by Benfica4Life, Jul 13, 2013.

1. Benfica4Life

Benfica4Life Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Providence, RI
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Salvio will be operated on his right knee and will return sometime in 2014. Gaitan will also be out 3 weeks.
    http://www.ojogo.pt/Futebol/1a_liga/Benfica/interior.aspx?content_id=3400894

Time for Sulejmani, Djuricic and Markovic to shine. Can't wait to see more of them.

Jose Mourinho to "spy" on Benfica's Matic and Markovic when Serbia plays against Croatia.
    http://www.ojogo.pt/Futebol/1a_liga/Benfica/interior.aspx?content_id=3400861

I already see it, Markovic will be the type of player that stays 1 season at Benfica because he's just that good and teams will be all over him like Ramires and Witsel.

2. benficafan3

benficafan3 Member+

Nov 16, 2005
    I can see Markovic's contract being renewed fairly soon and upping his clause to something like 60 ME. If he keeps playing like he has for the season some dumbshit club (cough...Real...cough) will pay it. That said, I can see him staying more than one season. The likes of Matic would probably tell him its the best choice.

3. Benfica4Life

Benfica4Life Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Providence, RI
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Salvio's injury prevented Ola John from being loaned to Ajax.

4. Omega1alpha

Omega1alpha Member

Sep 9, 2007
    Serra das putas
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    The thing that annoys me about JJ and the club is that we have plenty of players, but most don't get the chance to prove themselves. Why is Cortez playing when we had Melg and Lusinho? Why is Maxi playing when we have Almeida? The list goes on and on. JJ loves to make things a lot harder then they need to be. He's loyal to certain players, but he needs to field the best because he' not coaching a small club. I can't believe a coach with his experience in the Liga can be this stubborn and pathetic.

Benfica4Life repped this.
  5. nbstriker8

nbstriker8 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 10, 2008
    new beige
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You're not saying anything that any of us don't realize...yet he was signed to an extension this offside. It makes zero sense

6. Benfica4Life

Benfica4Life Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Providence, RI
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Siquiera will cost 7 million if Benfica choose to buy him at the end of the season.

7. Benfica4Life

Benfica4Life Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Providence, RI
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
  8. Benfica4Life

Benfica4Life Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Providence, RI
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Mourinho "crazy" for Markovic. José is going to see the Serbia vs. Croatia game today, just to keep his eye on Matic and Markovic.
    http://www.abola.pt/nnh/ver.aspx?id=426272

Mourinho could be interested in buying them this winter transfer market.

What Benfica NEED to do is renew Markovic's contract and increase his buyout clause to at least 60 million, if not more.

9. Benfica4Life

Benfica4Life Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Providence, RI
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Matic and Fejsa starting in the midfield for Serbia today. Definitely watching this game consider it's Benfica vs. Croatia.

10. Benfica4Life

Benfica4Life Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Providence, RI
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
  11. Benfica4Life

Benfica4Life Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Providence, RI
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Siquiera and Fejsa make their Benfica debut against Paços de Ferreira! Amorim started in midfield, but was subbed off and Fejsa replaced him in the first half.

2-0 in the first half! Enzo scores in the 4th minute and dedicated the goal to the recovering Salvio by lifting a Salvio jersey in the air!

Garay scores the 2nd goal from a beautiful free kick play. Amazing passing combo from Cardozo and Markovic!

Markovic, Lima and Cardozo all starting and it's amazing!

12. Benfica4Life

Benfica4Life Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Providence, RI
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    And Siquiera gets injured in his first game after a good debut. -__-

And we play Anderlecht in a few days...

13. The Special One

The Special One Member+

Aug 6, 2005
    Watched him last night vs Monaco, very special talent, I would love to see him wearing the eagle crest but we will have to buy him in January otherwise his price will be overinflated come the European summer.

14. Benfica4Life

Benfica4Life Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Providence, RI
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Anderlecht won 5-0 this weekend. Some amazing goals. Saw the highlights, might be tougher than I originally expected.

15. nbstriker8

nbstriker8 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 10, 2008
    new beige
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They are a good team. They didn't win the Belgian league by accident. I've been following them (never watch, just make sure I knew how they did) since Kljestan got there. Should beat them at da Luz but could see having trouble in Brussels

16. The Special One

The Special One Member+

Aug 6, 2005
    Been watching the B team and Joao Cancelo has pretty much been the best player on the pitch every game(Cavaleiro has been good to and seems to be more of a striker than winger). Maxi isn't the player he was, imo due to fatigue last year he was living on his reputation and this year without a proper break due to the confederation cup he looks shot. Once sequeira has been bedded into the side Cancelo should be given a look in for home league matches to give Maxi a rest. thoughts??

Benfica4Life repped this.
  17. Ventilan

Ventilan Member

Oct 6, 2011
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    He should. If Benfica wants anything that resembles sustainability, not only Cancelo but others must be given an adequate opportunity in the first team.

Our club, in pure modern football fashion, has lost its identity.

18. Benfica4Life

Benfica4Life Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Providence, RI
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Cancelo undoubtably deserves the call up. Silvio is injured and Andre Almeida has been playing out of position at RB when Maxi is unavailable like today vs. Anderlecht. Time to give Canelo a shot.

19. Benfica4Life

Benfica4Life Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Providence, RI
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Benfica beat Anderlect 2-0 in the Champions League opener at Home. Great result, did not concede. Djuricic scored in the 4th minute and Luisão at the half hour mark.

Djuricic is pure class. What great talent. And Fejsa? WoW! Amazing performance. What a partnership Matic and Fejsa are in the midfield!

My lineup would be....

---------------Artur-------------
    Maxi---Luisão---Garay---Siquiera
    ---------Fejsa----Matic---------
    Enzo---------Djuricic------Markovic
    -----------------Lima-----------

20. nbstriker8

nbstriker8 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 10, 2008
    new beige
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What do you think the conversations on the pitch are made in? Some sorta pseudo Portuguese-Serbian-Spanish

21. Benfica4Life

Benfica4Life Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Providence, RI
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Matic said that Serbian is the most spoke language during training. There was an article on Record last week about it.

22. nbstriker8

nbstriker8 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 10, 2008
    new beige
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  23. Omega1alpha

Omega1alpha Member

Sep 9, 2007
    Serra das putas
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Looks like he found a good way out. The fans can blame someone else when the team fails to win anything. Then again, people will still blame him for getting suspended and causing chaos for the team. I can't believe he was dumb enough to get involved with the police and fans. The team was starting to play much better and now this.....

24. CDPontaDelgada

CDPontaDelgada Member+

CD Santa Clara
    Aug 15, 2012
    Ponta Delgada PT
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    lisandro lopez on loan at Getafe made la liga team of the week

25. Omega1alpha

Omega1alpha Member

Sep 9, 2007
    Serra das putas
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    This is starting to look like Flore's or Koeman's Benfica. Basically, we'll be lucky to finish in the top 5. At least Koeman had a solid CL campaign. Let's see what hot headed JJ can do against PSG.