S.L. Benfica 2013/2014 Season: Signing of the Serbians Era

Discussion in 'SL Benfica' started by Benfica4Life, Jul 13, 2013.

1. verde-rubro

verde-rubro Member+

C.S.Maritimo + Liverpool FC
    Portugal
    Jan 15, 2005
    LONDON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    30mins gone and 3-0 down

2. nbstriker8

nbstriker8 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 10, 2008
    new beige
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Benfica sucks. This team looks like a shadow of even last years squad. Can't wait til after the game when JJ gets another extension

Omega1alpha repped this.
  3. Omega1alpha

Omega1alpha Member

Sep 9, 2007
    Serra das putas
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    They collapsed at the end of last season and they still look like they're in preseason. Player positioning is piss poor and they're not communicating well on pitch. Why did JJ pull players against Belenenses? It cost us 2 point in the Liga and the team looked tired and slow out there today. This team really looks bad. They look much better on paper than they do on the pitch.

4. nbstriker8

nbstriker8 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 10, 2008
    new beige
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It just turned into October and Benfica already lost the leauge and are embarrassing themselves in Europe.

5. Omega1alpha

Omega1alpha Member

Sep 9, 2007
    Serra das putas
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I like how JJ conceded 1st place in the CL group to PSG; we've only played two games. He also said that the team is going to lose a lot more points this season in the liga. What kind of coach comes out and says this crap. No wonder the players don't care. It's just an easy paycheck.

6. Xehanort

Xehanort Member+

Real Madrid
    Portugal
    Oct 7, 2013
    Mom's basement
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    As long as Jesus is there, Benfica is f***ed...

7. JoseEmidio

JoseEmidio Member+

Dec 6, 2009
    London
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    PSG have Anderlecht next (12 points) they are through. Agree though that JJ is a runner-up coach. We actually played ok versus Nacional today in a 2-0 home win, it is an improvement (we might actually make it out of the group). Olympiakos on the 5th CL, Sporting TDP on the 9/10 Nov and then Braga at home if we lose all three we would of completed the TERRIBLE by the end of Nov!

8. nbstriker8

nbstriker8 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 10, 2008
    new beige
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. JoseEmidio

JoseEmidio Member+

Dec 6, 2009
    London
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    We got Matic for 'free' or close to it in the Luiz deal and then (if this is true) sold him back for +- 25M two years later. Remember when Garcia left, a few months later no one was taking about him, and we sold him for 20M. Bring in Gomes to accompany Fejsa/Perez, no problem. Though Matic is better than Garcia.

Ventilan repped this.
  10. benficafan3

benficafan3 Member+

Nov 16, 2005
  11. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    To be fair, Matic himself has openly and publicly said that he wants to go to Chelsea.

Sure, we lost a great player and probably the best DM in the league but at the same time, do we want to keep an unhappy player on board? And second, we made an awesome profit on the guy.

12. nbstriker8

nbstriker8 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 10, 2008
    new beige
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I want to win the league. Everything you've said above is true, but winning trumps all, especially for a fan. I agree with benficafan3 above, too bad JJ blows and we crapped out of the CL

13. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    But this had nothing to do with JJ or even the FO: the player himself wanted to return to Chelsea.

14. Benfica_fan

Benfica_fan Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Connecticut
    It's a big loss, and it will be hard to replace him. It bothers me sell one of the team's best players in the middle of the season, but maybe Benfica needs the money.

Fortunately Benfica has some depth, so they should still be able to contend for the championship.

I would look into bringing Javi Garcia back on loan if possible.

15. nbstriker8

nbstriker8 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 10, 2008
    new beige
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Benfica's lucky that Porto isn't very good this year and their coach blows. Sporting is young so who knows how they will finish.

16. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    We are both lucky that our clubs aren't on undefeated runs this year. Matic will be a big loss but you guys will be fine this year.

17. eurodad

eurodad Member+

Mar 15, 2005
    Brampton
    We would be fine if the selling stopped here but I think there are going to be at least two more sales to key players.

18. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Again, you guys are missing an important factor in your opinion: Matic wanted to leave for Chelsea.

19. nbstriker8

nbstriker8 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 10, 2008
    new beige
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm working under the assumption he'd stay til summer if there's was at least a chance of playing the CL final in Lisbon.

And besides that he was under contract that he signed for Benfica. Let's not think the inmates run the asylum

20. nshady

nshady New Member

Jan 17, 2014
    Club:
    AC Ajaccio
    Guys. I would like to ask about Ezequiel Garay. I'm not a fan of benfica but have heard a lot of him. How good is him actually? Is he considered one of the best centre backs in europe/portugal? whats the strength of Ezequiel Garay?

Thanks.

21. nbstriker8

nbstriker8 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 10, 2008
    new beige
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  22. eurodad

eurodad Member+

Mar 15, 2005
    Brampton
    From Abola. I hope this is true. I hope JJ really buys into this. It is long long long overdue. I have my doubts with JJ of course but if true, this (in the long run) will be good for Benfica but also good for our NT.

[​IMG]

Raízes do Benfica é formar jogadores para a primeira equipa» - Luís Filipe Vieira

Luís Filipe Vieira vincou, esta quinta-feira, a aposta na formação do clube, no fundo um regresso às raízes do Benfica, conforme expressou em entrevista à Benfica TV no dia em que renovou contrato com quatro jogadores da formação e rubricou contratos profissionais com outros cinco.

«Temos de recordar que temos o Centro de Estágio há cerca de oito anos. O Benfica tem um percurso para percorrer como tem feito. Toda a estratégia do Benfica vai passar pelo Seixal, ou seja, não estamos a assinar estes contratos por demagogia, para dizerem que estamos a apostar na Formação. Vamos mesmo fazê-lo e a cada dia que passa temos cada vez mais esse sentimento», referiu o presidente do clube da Luz, que explicou a principal razão de esta aposta não ter sido feita anteriormente.

«O facto de a Final da Liga dos Campeões ser no Estádio da Luz levou-nos a sonhar, mas infelizmente não conseguimos. Reflectimos e pusemos em marcha o nosso plano. Agora, eles, no dia-a-dia, vão provar se merecem chegar ao topo da pirâmide que é a equipa principal. Nem todos vão chegar, mas a maioria vai», disse Luís Filipe Vieira.

Pelo meio, o presidente do Benfica revelou ainda planos de internacionalização: «Temos um plantel bastante forte e, como tal, nem todos podem jogar, mas temos pensado, em termos estratégicos, em dar dimensão à Marca Benfica em termos internacionais na formação. Se tivermos essa possibilidade é o que vamos fazer, porque temos uma geração de jogadores que é olhada por todos, principalmente por quem está ligado ao futebol. Queremos voltar às raízes do Benfica que é formar jogadores para a primeira equipa.»

23. Ventilan

Ventilan Member

Oct 6, 2011
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    What for? Selling them as profit for 15m€ at age 20?