S.L. Benfica 2012/2013 Transfer Thread: Rumors, Signings, Loans and Departures [R]

Discussion in 'SL Benfica' started by Benfica4Life, May 19, 2012.

1. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    What happened with the Rojo signing?

Having Taiwo will be fine. He is strong, fast and more then capable.

2. portugal#1

portugal#1 Member

Mar 10, 2007
    seems like he might be going to Sporting.

It looks like cardozo is going to stay, which probably means Oliveira will be loaned out. Shame.

3. Benfica4Life

Benfica4Life Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Providence, RI
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    LFV rejected 12 million for Cardozo from Fenerbahce. Closer and closer to staying :(

4. Benfica4Life

Benfica4Life Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Providence, RI
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    How can Tottenham buy Adebayor for 7.5 million Euros from ManCity, but Cardozo can't be sold for 12? Adebayor is by far the better player. Cardozo's continuation frustrates me!

5. nbstriker8

nbstriker8 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 10, 2008
    new beige
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Afellay is available for 6m. If Salvio falls through that would be a good move.

And can Cardozo and Nelo play up front together, ala Cardozo and Savi? Two big guys up top with Aimar and two quick wingers doesnt sound awful against every team in Portugal minus the other big three, meaning Porto and Braga.

6. PortoDragons

PortoDragons Member

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Afellay is sick, hope you guys don't get him haha

7. Marques11

Marques11 Member

Jul 3, 2012
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    would be nice to see afellay ina benfica jersey but i doubt that happens. poor guy does have to get out of barca tho if he wants to play.

8. Benfica4Life

Benfica4Life Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Providence, RI
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    For 6m, Benfica could definitely afford him, but that'll never happen. Bigger teams would be interested and pay him better.

9. Chess_Panther

Chess_Panther Member+

Apr 29, 2007
    Porto, Portugal
    Benfica can't afford his wage.

And why hasn't Cardozo left is beyond me.

10. Benfica4Life

Benfica4Life Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Providence, RI
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
  11. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Wouldn't say thats a bad thing. We have a very good record of turning non-scoring wingers into very good wingbacks. Miguel, Nelson, Fabio Coentrao, Perreira are examples.

12. Benfica4Life

Benfica4Life Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Providence, RI
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I know, that's true, but last season at Pacos de Fereira, he played Striker/Center Forward.

13. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Ya I feel you, doesn't exactly stand in as the type of player.

14. Benfica4Life

Benfica4Life Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Providence, RI
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Benfica rejected offers for Yannick Djalo and Carole. Carole had offers from the 1st division In France, but Benfica sees him as an important asset for the Benfica B team. I'd like to see Yannick get some more playing time in that right midfield position.

15. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nothing groundbreaking, but it's always good to hear these sort of comments:

16. Omega1alpha

Omega1alpha Member

Sep 9, 2007
    Serra das putas
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Benfica keeps marketing him at like 20+, but would more than likely take 15 or 16 million for the guy. The problem is that none of the big clubs seem to want him. The smaller clubs aren't/can't spend that on one player. So, Benfica should have taken the 12. I don't think Cardozo wants to leave for a smaller club either, so that isn't helping. They should have sold him a couple of years ago when he had decent goal counts in the liga and Europa. I remember a few of the "richer" clubs wanting him for like 17 or something.....

17. Benfica4Life

Benfica4Life Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Providence, RI
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Agreed. Actually 4 years ago Benfica rejected a 25 million euros offer for Cardozo! Offers from all over England. Tottenham, Newcastle and ManCity (before they were oil rich).
    http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/55/m...enfica-reject-english-mega-offers-for-cardozo

Biggest mistake ever not selling him when we had the chance...

I'm just sick of JJ favoring Cardozo over everyone. Cardozo went on a 6-7 game goal drought and HE ALWAYS STARTS! He's served the club for 5 years, he's done what he had to do, now time to move on and let Rodrigo, Nelson Oliveira, Hugo Vieria, Melgarejo, Michel to shine. Not to mention, but biggest problem with him, he's slow, terrible work ethic. He wants everyone to do the dirty work and just stands around waiting for a cross or the ball to fall in front of his feet in front of net. There was a time where he could actually do tricks and cross up defenders. And of course he SUCKS at taking penalties.

18. Benfica4Life

Benfica4Life Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Providence, RI
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
  19. PortoDragons

PortoDragons Member

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Fiorentina want Nelo on loan or to buy him?

20. Benfica4Life

Benfica4Life Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Providence, RI
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    On loan, Benfica has rejected it. Nelson staying...

21. Omega1alpha

Omega1alpha Member

Sep 9, 2007
    Serra das putas
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I have a feeling cardozo's productivity is going to really drop. JJ needs to be less stubborn and give Nelson and rodrigo more playing time. That said, those guys need to be ready. Martins has been impressive in some preseason games so far and Melgarego looks promising as a potential lb. Of course things can change once the liga starts. I'm concerned that we might have issues scoring and we'll lose points early on.

22. Marques11

Marques11 Member

Jul 3, 2012
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    mann i hope nelo doesnt go to the itlian league.........wanna see him get a chance with benfica

23. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    I'm actually hoping he does, on loan of course. Under the assumption I have that JJ will not play him nearly as much as we all want. I have a feeling it will be another frustrating season as far as Nelo playing time is concerned.

24. Benfica4Life

Benfica4Life Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Providence, RI
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Real Betis want Nolito on laon. :mad: He has been one of the best in pre-season and my favorite player on Benfica last season. I'll be exetremely furious if he's loaned!!!
    http://www.abola.pt/nnh/ver.aspx?id=342588

AC Milan interested in Garay to replace Thiago Silva.

25. Omega1alpha

Omega1alpha Member

Sep 9, 2007
    Serra das putas
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    This season should be called "Football Wars - Revenge of JJ"

I can't wait to see who this clown fields on the pitch this year...