S.L. Benfica 2012/2013 Transfer Thread: Rumors, Signings, Loans and Departures [R]

Discussion in 'SL Benfica' started by Benfica4Life, May 19, 2012.

1. Rodrigoal

Rodrigoal Member

Feb 10, 2012
    California
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
  2. Benfica4Life

Benfica4Life Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Providence, RI
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Everton interested in Cardozo. They are preparing an offer of 16 million pounds ( 19 million euro). Which is a tremendous offer for Cardozo, if Benfica don't accept this, LFV should get shot.

3. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    If this is true, we should accept it (If LFV wants a return). I doubt we will get better offers. Of course I would be happy with him staying as well.

4. Rodrigoal

Rodrigoal Member

Feb 10, 2012
    California
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    We need to accept that offer for Cardozo. It's time to see what Rodrigo & NO can do.

5. Benfica4Life

Benfica4Life Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Providence, RI
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Sporting enters in the battle to sign Marcos Rojo. Benfica increased their offer from 2.5m to 3m, but Sporting's offer was 3.5m but Spartak wants 4 million. Benfica offered him a higher salary and a promise in the Champions League.

6. Benfica4Life

Benfica4Life Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Providence, RI
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    http://www.abola.pt/nnh/ver.aspx?id=340112

7. Benfica4Life

Benfica4Life Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Providence, RI
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Simão terminates his contract with Besiktas and is a FREE AGENT!!! SIGN HIM BENFICA!!! VOLTA CAPITÃO!!!

8. Rodrigoal

Rodrigoal Member

Feb 10, 2012
    California
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    This a huge chance and we need to make a move now before we are beaten. IMO he would be a great addition.

9. Benfica4Life

Benfica4Life Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Providence, RI
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
  10. PortoDragons

PortoDragons Member

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    FC Porto
    20 is a lot for Garay though. I definitely see a Simao return in the cards

11. Benfica4Life

Benfica4Life Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Providence, RI
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
  12. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Is he supposed to be any good? And is Rojo a legit answer to the LB problems, or is this due to a lack of other options?

13. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Why don't we just sign Eliseu. Couldn't we get him for relatively cheap?

14. portugal#1

portugal#1 Member

Mar 10, 2007
    Jesus Nao conta com Witsel and Gaitan. Say's that it's almost guarenteed that they won't be with Benfica at the start of the season.

15. Benfica4Life

Benfica4Life Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Providence, RI
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I don't know much about Juan Diaz, but I hate Enzo Perez and what he did, he MUST GO! Waste of 5.5 million. If Juan Diaz is any better than Emerson, then I say trade them, at least we'll get a player in a position we need.

16. Benfica4Life

Benfica4Life Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Providence, RI
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Apparently, Benfica is meeting Rojo in Evian, where we are having our pre-season game, and finalizing the deal there. He should be announced in the next few days.

And I guess we're finalizing Salvio too this week! That would be huge if we could get both.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Benfica4Life

Benfica4Life Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Providence, RI
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Carlos Martins signs for 3 more season! Glad he's staying.
    [​IMG]

Djaniny, 21 year old Cape Verdean striker Benfica bought from Leiria in January, still has not showed up. Once he found out he was going to play for "Benfica B", he refused to come to Benfica and says he would rather be loaned than play for the B team. Another player whos going to cause problems.
    http://www.abola.pt/nnh/ver.aspx?id=341029

Taiwo once again linked to Benfica, apparently Benfica offered 5 million.
    http://www.abola.pt/nnh/ver.aspx?id=341023

Benfica and Sporting battling to sign 21 yr old Egyptian LB, Islam Ramadan.
    http://www.ojogo.pt/Futebol/1a_liga/Sporting/interior.aspx?content_id=2656185

18. Omega1alpha

Omega1alpha Member

Sep 9, 2007
    Serra das putas
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Rojo has potential and is definitely an improvement over Emerson. However, he might take more than a season to adapt to the club and the liga.

19. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Its not really Djaniny causing problems. Its the stupid rule that has been implemented, where you can not loan a player in the same tier league that you play in. Djaniny played regularly for Uniao Leiria and scored more then a few goals, arguably their best player. Benfica picked up because he played so well in the first division. Now they want to get rid of him? To 2nd tier...what would you do. Obviously hes a first league player...hes angry that hes not going to be training or even given a chance in the primary squad, he rather be loaned (READ: playing) then be pushed down.

20. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Yeah, I can definately understand his frustration.

21. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Its this stupid rule. I don't think any of the top tier league in Europe have that rule, actually I know Spain, Italy, England, Germany for a fact do not have it. I actually liked what Benfica were doing recently with the loaning of player so they developed first team experience instead of bench time.

Now its being taken away? So player such as Pizzi, Lopes, Eduardo, Oliviera, etc growth could have been held back? It hurts the league, it hurts the teams? I don't understand why it has been implemented...

22. Chess_Panther

Chess_Panther Member+

Apr 29, 2007
    Porto, Portugal
    [quote="Joelzinho, post: 26017367, member: 61957"Now its being taken away? So player such as Pizzi, Lopes, Eduardo, Oliviera, etc growth could have been held back? It hurts the league, it hurts the teams? I don't understand why it has been implemented...[/quote]

It is stupid. I think the reasoning behind this is that middle to bottom clubs will invest in their youth more as a consequence. As well as portuguese players in lower leagues. But there's no guarantee that such a thing will happen.

23. Benfica4Life

Benfica4Life Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Providence, RI
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    The rule is meant to imply the progressions an development of Portuguese players instead of foreigners. So clubs like Benfica and Porto don't buy soo many South Americans and ship them on loan. Now that's what the article says, but don't think the rule is working the way it was planned to.

24. Benfica4Life

Benfica4Life Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Providence, RI
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Fidel also refuses to play for Benfica after finding out he was playing for the B team.

25. Benfica4Life

Benfica4Life Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Providence, RI
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Negotations for Rojo have broken down, Rojo heading to Sporting now. AC Milan have confirmed an agreement with Benfica for Taiwo's transfer to Benfica.

[​IMG]