S.L. Benfica 2012/2013 Transfer Thread: Rumors, Signings, Loans and Departures [R]

Discussion in 'SL Benfica' started by Benfica4Life, May 19, 2012.

1. Benfica4Life

Benfica4Life Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Providence, RI
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    "The money from selling Cardozo is to buy Luuk de Jong". If we could land him, that would be amazing. Talented Dutch striker. Would pair well with Ola John. I'm just happy we're willing to offload Cardozo. He's been with Benfica for 5 years, time to change up the striker situation.

2. Chess_Panther

Chess_Panther Member+

Apr 29, 2007
    Porto, Portugal
    If Benfica could sell at least half of the loaned players, they would have a nice financial margin to play with.

3. EURO2004PEREIRA

Apr 15, 2012
    Club:
    Vitoria Guimaraes
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Benfica what are you doing selling Cardozo your top goalscorer I must say I hope Guimaraes land Malagrejo on loan with an option he would look nice up top with Edgar and Toscano

4. EURO2004PEREIRA

Apr 15, 2012
    Club:
    Vitoria Guimaraes
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Benfica what are you doing selling Cardozo your top goalscorer I must say I hope Guimaraes land Malagrejo on loan with an option he would look nice up top with Edgar and Toscano

5. Benfica4Life

Benfica4Life Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Providence, RI
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Cardozo's clock has run out. NEXT!!! Please accept the 15 million and move on...DE JONG!!!!

I want Rodrigo/Nelson/Hugo Vieira to shine. I really like Melgarejo, hope he breaks threw the squad.

marcopaulo repped this.
  6. Benfica4Life

Benfica4Life Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Providence, RI
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Rojo's agent will be in Lisboa on Monday to negotiate with LFV. He's JJ's first option for LB. The latest news is that he could arrive on loan. Sign Siquiera or Ansaldi, screw a loan deal. That will only give us a LB problem AGAIN next season.

7. marcopaulo

marcopaulo Member

Nov 19, 2005
    Vancouver
    benfica's succesful loans in last few years. cristian rodriguez and salvio. Lesson is buy and dont loan. benfica is a club that instantly increases a player's value. they cant lose buying a player. if they can turn a profit on beto, binya and halliche, they can turn a profit on anyone

Benfica4Life repped this.
  8. Benfica4Life

Benfica4Life Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Providence, RI
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    JJ wants Eduardo to stay at Benfica. Apparently Benfica are trying to get another year on loan.

Twente already looking for another striker to replace De Jong. Hope that means Benfica are negotiating to buy him. And why haven't they accepted the 15 million for Cardozo yet?

9. Benfica4Life

Benfica4Life Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Providence, RI
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Jara, Enzo Perez, Sidnei and Oblak will not be part of the 2012/2013 season. They will be loaned or sold.

10. portugal#1

portugal#1 Member

Mar 10, 2007
    Argentine right back marco rojo to sign for benfica from spartak moscow imminently, according to record.

11. Benfica4Life

Benfica4Life Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Providence, RI
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    You mean left-back.

12. Benfica4Life

Benfica4Life Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Providence, RI
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Witsel to AC Milan? Taiwo to be included as part of the deal...

13. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Derlis Gonzalez hoping to play alongside Cardozo. If Cardozo stays that is.

[​IMG]

14. PortoDragons

PortoDragons Member

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    FC Porto
    This isn't done yet?

15. Benfica4Life

Benfica4Life Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Providence, RI
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Nolito and Franco Jara to Real Betis? Jara I can understand but if Nolito leaves, I will be highly pissed off! The guy is an amazing talent and cost $0!!!! He should be a starter next season!

16. Benfica4Life

Benfica4Life Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Providence, RI
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    RB Nelson wants to return to Benfica.

17. Benfica4Life

Benfica4Life Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Providence, RI
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Matias Silvestre, 27 year old Palermo CB, linked to Benfica.

18. Benfica4Life

Benfica4Life Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Providence, RI
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Javi Garcia and Rodrigo are on Jose Mourinho's plans to join Real Madrid for next season.
    http://www.abola.pt/nnh/ver.aspx?id=335249

Benfica interested in Jose Angel, Roma LB. Roma interested in Daniel Wass and could come to an agreement on a swop.
    http://www.record.xl.pt/Futebol/Nacional/1a_liga/Benfica/interior.aspx?content_id=760624

What strikes me odd is that big teams like Real Madrid, Sevilla, Roma and several teams in France are interested in Daniel Wass, but yet JJ doesn't want him or give him a chance?

19. portugal#1

portugal#1 Member

Mar 10, 2007
    Maybe because these rumors are exactly that...rumors

20. Benfica4Life

Benfica4Life Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Providence, RI
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Simao misses Benfica and says money isn't always everything. Hinting that he wants a return and is willing to take a pay cut.

21. Benfica4Life

Benfica4Life Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Providence, RI
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Joke of the summer: AC Milan offers 13 million plus Taiwo for Axel Witsel...what a terrible offer. Says Milan values Taiwo at 5-6 million. So thats like selling Witsel for 18-19 million when he's worth double that!
    http://www.record.xl.pt/Futebol/Nacional/1a_liga/Benfica/interior.aspx?content_id=761202

Carlos Martins wants to leave and return to Granada since he does not fit into JJ's plans.

Franco Jara close to a Real Betis loan.
    http://www.abola.pt/nnh/ver.aspx?id=335621

Oblak officially loaned to Rio Ave.
    http://abola.pt/nnh/ver.aspx?id=335941

Benfica will not sign Caballero, Matias Rodriguez or Siquiera.
    http://www.ojogo.pt/Futebol/1a_liga/Benfica/interior.aspx?content_id=2598417

22. Benfica4Life

Benfica4Life Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Providence, RI
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Not that anyone cares about Benfica ATM with Euro going on, but...Simao and Miguel want to return to Benfica and end their career here. LFV is studying their situation and is going to talk to JJ about it. Personally, I would like to see them both return, as long as it doesn't cost much.

[​IMG]

Benfica are asking Granada for 3 million for Carlos Martins.
    http://www.record.xl.pt/Futebol/Nacional/1a_liga/Benfica/interior.aspx?content_id=761601

Benfica offer Twente 15 million for Luuk de Jong.
    [​IMG]

23. eurodad

eurodad Member+

Mar 15, 2005
    Brampton
    Apparently Quaresma is also interested in playing for Benfica. Bestikas are in financial difficulties . Apparent discussions have already occurred. Quaresmas salary is a concern. I dont think Benfica will pay that kind of salary to him or to Simao for that matter.

24. Benfica4Life

Benfica4Life Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Providence, RI
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Quaresma would be interesting since Simeone has already declared he will be using Salvio next season so he's out of the question. Simão has already said he would take a pay cut.

25. Benfica4Life

Benfica4Life Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Providence, RI
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Miguel's contract has ended with Valencia and he is now a free agent. Benfica can choose to sign him on a free assuming they can reach a salary agreement. I know how Benfica and it's fans feel about him, but he'd be a decent RB sub. Benfica have not officially shown interest, but who know's what will happen since apparently him and Simao have put it out there that they want a return.

http://www.abola.pt/nnh/ver.aspx?id=336220