Ryan Gracia on trial at Boden

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Jedda, Feb 13, 2012.

1. Jedda

Jedda Member

Apr 3, 2003
    Boden, Sweden
    Yeah, Nyköping has a football team, so that's likely to be it.

Actually, Gracia came on as a sub in the 71st min I think. It was Torres and Gage who played the full 90.

2. iamalfred

iamalfred Member+

Aug 15, 2010
    My bad, I thought I saw on the official website that Gracia played the full 90 minutes. According to the Swedish FA report it does seem like he started though but came off in the 70th minute.

Thankfully they don't usually have to play on the pitch with the american football patterns. The game had to be moved there because their normal pitch is grass and they needed to play on artificial turf because we're still in the last stages of winter over here basically.

Testudo repped this.
  3. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    Plus, they only have to change a few of the lines for the upcoming spring Shpoople tournament.

4. france31

france31 New Member

Sep 5, 2006
    Gracia came off in the 71th minute. Did have a good game.

5. Jedda

Jedda Member

Apr 3, 2003
    Boden, Sweden
    Must have been something wrong on the local newspapers live update then, cause I'm almost certain it said he came on in the 71st min. But it makes sense, cause he wrote on Facebook after the game that he had to make sure he played the full 90 next time.

6. Jedda

Jedda Member

Apr 3, 2003
    Boden, Sweden
    Nyköping lost 1-4 against IFK Göteborg in the cup today, they had 1-1 up until the 75th min when IFK got into a higher gear and scored a couple. Ryan assisted to Nyköpings 1-1 goal and came off after 81 mins today.

[​IMG]

Testudo repped this.
  7. iamalfred

iamalfred Member+

Aug 15, 2010

Gracia scored in the Nyköping BIS league opener today where they drew 1-1 against Västerås SK.

Testudo repped this.
  8. iamalfred

iamalfred Member+

Aug 15, 2010
    Gracia scored the game winning 1-0 goal in last weekends game in the 92nd minute, which probably feels good for him since he had been critized a bit in the local paper which wrote this in it's sportsblog after the previous game:
    So it was a good revenge for Gracia. To be fair to him he does have 3 goals and 1 assist in 11 games so he has had decent productivity but it doesn't seem like he has been able to match the high level that his north american teammates Paul Torres and Ethan Gage has had, which was maybe what the club had hoped for.

Testudo repped this.
  9. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    That was probably wishful thinking on their part. Gracia is certainly a skillful player, and they had some similar lines on their resumes, but Torres was certainly considered a better prospect at the same age. I can't speak to Gage, however.

10. france31

france31 New Member

Sep 5, 2006
    Great away victory for Nykoping Bis against Umea FC 3-2
    Ryan Gracia played 85 minutes his productivity on the field has been excellent .
    The team is only 2 points away from the second place in the division.

11. france31

france31 New Member

Sep 5, 2006
    Here are the thoughts of the blogger/reporter from Umea's websiteabout the Nykoping game against Umea this weekend:
    Gracia has played 90, 90, 85 in past three games and is in best stretch of season so far personally and from the team. He apparently had his best match of the season this past weekend against Umea.

And the thoughts about the Nykoping team as a whole from Umea's blogger:

Testudo repped this.
  12. france31

france31 New Member

Sep 5, 2006
    Nyköpings keeps winning!
    Ryan had an assist on the second goal
    Another good performance from the US players!!!!

13. Testudo

Testudo Member+

Jan 29, 1999
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  14. iamalfred

iamalfred Member+

Aug 15, 2010
    Although they seem to have tired a bit in some games during the fall Nyköping has continued to impress during their first season in the third tier and with one game remaining they still got a chance to finish second which would mean promtion playoffs.

[​IMG]

Torres has remained a key starter in central midfield with four goals and two assists so far, after the goalkeeper he has the most minutes played on the team. Gracia has also featured in most games but more often then not as a substitute and from the two games I watched them play he was on the right wing. He has also scored four goals and had three assists.

Tom Collingsworth and mike4066 repped this.
  15. iamalfred

iamalfred Member+

Aug 15, 2010
    Nyköpings BIS had the second place at half time in the last round this past weekend as they were up 2-1 and Dalkurd were losing with the same numbers. Unfortunaly Dalkurd turned around their game in the second half and ended up winning 5-2 which left Nyköping an annoying 1 point from the promotion playoffs.

Tom Collingsworth repped this.
  16. Testudo

Testudo Member+

Jan 29, 1999
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Playing For The Next Contract
    [​IMG]
    February 21, 2014

"The club performed well in 2013, finishing in 3rd place in the third division. Gracia had another successful season, appearing in 37 matches and scoring 10 goals while providing six assists. But even with his solid numbers, Gracia wasn’t offered another contract. And so, without a team, he came back to the U.S., eventually finding FC Tucson through his agent.... In the meantime, Gracia hopes these Desert Diamond Cup matches will get him noticed by someone."
    http://fctucson.com/team/playing-for-the-next-contract/

Tom Collingsworth and Winoman repped this.
  17. Balerion

Balerion Member+

Aug 5, 2006
    Roslindale, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gracia made four appearances this season for Balma, in the French CFA2 (fifth tier). His last came in November, so I'm not sure that he stayed there through the whole season.

18. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    Update, anyone, or has the trail gone cold?