Rumored NASL expansion cities

Discussion in 'NASL Expansion' started by eclipse02, Feb 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    If by "internet tough guy" you mean "fact based poster", then guilty as charged.

In my younger days when I had long hair, I was once told I looked like Sonny Bono, but I don't think I've ever been compaired to a weasel.

2. Green and BLue

Green and BLue Member+

Seattle Sounders FC
    Nov 3, 2003
    Republic of Cascadia
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Facts!? FACTS?? Don't you know this is BigSoccer? Facts aren't welcome here, they get in the way of rampant speculation. Also not welcome: reality.

jamonty repped this.
  3. HiFiRevival

HiFiRevival Member

Jan 9, 2003
    Club:
    Crystal Palace Baltimore
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sure thing. Like when you ranted like an ass about TV despite my initial post VERY CLEARLY stating that TV was nowhere in the equation for the NASL. How about your "brilliant" list of potential cities that uses the wrong grouping standard and has a cutoff that is not the same as the 750k that the NASL has to meet? Lot's of "facts" in that post.

You're a pathetic, worthless piece of trash and the world will be better when you're no longer part of it.

longballer repped this.
  4. mike4066

mike4066 Member+

Jun 30, 2007
    Chula Vista, CA
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Who's the internet tough guy now... :rolleyes:

Seriously folks, this is Bigsoccer. We all have an opinion and yes those who are "in the know" or used to be "in the business" are great but just because you dabbled in it previously doesn't mean you know everything about the subject (hence why you are on Bigsoccer too).

Let's keep this place civil please.

Because remember......
    [​IMG]

5. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Okay everyone enough. I am going to say it now, the only reason HiFi isn't carded right now is because of the new change over for BigSoccer. From here out we are deleting every post that simply calls out everyone else and whines about the mods (seriously really? Its like blaming the refs for every game lost) and simply any post that has no bearing on the conversation.

6. MLSinSTL

MLSinSTL Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Mar 20, 2009
    Ohio - near a city
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    HiFiRevival, thanks. Just to be clear though, I'm just trying to keep the thread on track. None of the posts bother me in response to what I'm throwing out there for expansion candidates. I'm seeing if the spaghetti sticks to the wall here. I actually meant it that I learn a lot by reading the opinions of others who may or may not know more than me about a particular city or team. I just enjoy the speculation.

I think Green and Blue said it best, facts and reality arent' welcome here. While I try to base part of my post in fact - I'm guilty of rampant speculation. My use of facts are just a ploy to make it seem like my opinions are based upon reality when they aren't. In the end, I'm just some internet guy posting in small town Ohio when his wife lets him get on the computer or is away grocery shopping. I'm a soccer nerd.

As Socrates (not the soccer player) said so many moons ago - "all I know is that I know nothing". Again, a fact taken out of context to make it seem like I know something.

HiFiRevival repped this.
  7. HiFiRevival

HiFiRevival Member

Jan 9, 2003
    Club:
    Crystal Palace Baltimore
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree with taking this approach, it's just tough when there are folks whose every post is intended to mock and belittle others.

Keep throwing ideas out there, it's what drives conversation and there are plenty of decent folks with good information who will fill in the details when they can.

Unfortunately there are also those who can do anything and never get so much as a warning and apparently have mods defend them mid thread.

BUSA Bulldog and Sevin repped this.
  8. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So is this new LA Aztecs owner a vapor investor? We were talking about this a page or 2 back...

9. Jossed

Jossed Member+

Apr 23, 2011
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    There was never an owner. Someone just decided to add a name to a wiki article. It was edited out since it had no source.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Los_Angeles_Aztecs

For future reference, NASL commish Downs has been adamant that the NASL is looking to non-MLS markets. They are not going to put a team in a market where it would be forced to compete with a MLS club. So that eliminates LA and any market with a MLS franchise.

10. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, I'm only an asshole to assholes and the willfully ignorant.
    That's actually rather comical. Must be why I have a 5 point permanent infraction. Man, if I had a nickel for every infraction, earned or otherwise I got around here, I could buy this website.
    I'm sure there's customer service forum you can complain in. You fat baby.

11. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think you need a hug.

12. atlanticTFCfan

atlanticTFCfan Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 14, 2007