Rules For The Forum

Discussion in 'Canada' started by DoyleG, Jun 10, 2005.

1. DoyleG

DoyleG Member+

CanPL
    Canada
    Jan 11, 2002
    YEG-->YYJ-->YWG-->YYB
    Club:
    FC Edmonton
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    1) If you post anything that deals with a result, the thread title must now have an (R) inserted.

For example: Impact v. Whitecaps (R), Canada v. Portugal (R)

Those that already have posted threads without the (R) will be let off from this point on but will be notified. Thread titles will be edited if this is not followed. Abusers will be subject to being carded.

2) If a thread already exists for such a topic you want to post, use that thread and don't start another one. If you need help, ask me or Joe MacCarthy to find the correct thread or use the BigSoccer search engine. We're not teenagers in here. Let's keep the place clean.

3) If you feel that a certain thread deserves to have a sticky, let either of us know and that will be done.

4) This thread is for fun and serious soccer fans. Spammers, flamers, trolls, and sockpuppets are on notice from now on. You will be found and dealt with accordingly.

5) Please keep in mind it is a Canadian soccer forum. There are many forums that discuss European and World Soccer. That's why this forum was started so we could have a home where we could discuss the growing Canadian scene.

Otherwise, enjoy yourselves.

2. Just received a rude private message from DoyleG on this subject. Power has obviously gone to his head very quickly. :) Respect my authori-TAY!!!

3. beachesl

beachesl Member

Oct 21, 2002
    Mendoza, Argentina
    Like when I became a moderator on Voyageurs.....something about an inmate running the insane asylum.

4. ogopogo

ogopogo Member

Oct 13, 2005
    Lake Okanagan
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    What's a sticky?

5. DoyleG

DoyleG Member+

CanPL
    Canada
    Jan 11, 2002
    YEG-->YYJ-->YWG-->YYB
    Club:
    FC Edmonton
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Keeps it on the front page of the forum no matter the posting traffic.

6. Gordon

Gordon New Member

May 6, 2002
    Saskatoon, SK
    Moderators have been instructed across Big Soccer to remove any attempts to by-pass the profanity filter. This will now be applied to this forum. Big Soccer has also made some adjustments to the filtre so as to be a little more relaxed.

7. But can we still post or launch new threads here about "Euro" Canadians? If not, where then?

8. Gordon

Gordon New Member

May 6, 2002
    Saskatoon, SK
    Yes you can. DoyleG's statement was directed to things like a discussion on Arseanal v. Juve where no candian players or teams are involved. That is not to say that canadian posters on BS are not interested in this, just that there are other locations for this conversation to occur.

9. DoyleG

DoyleG Member+

CanPL
    Canada
    Jan 11, 2002
    YEG-->YYJ-->YWG-->YYB
    Club:
    FC Edmonton
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    To add on to Gordon's post, there's an MLS Toronto sub-forum so anything related to that can go there now.

10. Kibby

Kibby Member

Dec 1, 2003
    Ottawa
    ah man why did you close "Metrogirlz???? " I predicted hilarity in that thread's future

11. hihi

hihi Red Card

Mar 17, 2006
    Internet
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    Question: How come there isn't a direct link to Toronto FC from this thread?