RSL vs Wanker County All-Stars 5/9/2012 6:30 PM MDT

Discussion in 'Real Salt Lake' started by El-ahrairah, May 6, 2012.

1. El-ahrairah

El-ahrairah Member+

Sep 20, 2004
    Wanker County
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    RSL travels to Al Bundy's home town, Chicago, for a mid-week game against the Fire. Here is the Fire's starting line-up. As an added bonus, the team from Wanker County will also be there, just in case the Fire completely colapse and have to be subbed off the field at half-time.

(This new Big Soccer webpage doesn't have the cool tags for a soccer line-up any more, so I'll have to do this old school)

Strikers: Al Bundy, Peg Bundy
    Midfielders: Buck/Lucky the Dog, Kelly Bundy, Marcy D'Arcy, Steve Rhoades
    Defenders: Jefferson D'Arcy, Bud Bundy, Grandmaster B, Norman Jablonski
    Goalie: Ephraim Wanker

Coach: Sam Kinison

Since, everyone knows that Al Bundy once scored 4 touchdowns during a high school football game, he is the "go-to" man for scoring, although Peg Bundy may have something to say about that. It is not known if the alteregos of Bud Bundy and Jefferson D'Arcy, Grandmaster B and Norman Jablonski, will be declared eligible for the game due to the fact that imaginary players are not normally included on MLS rosters. However, since MLS does allow imaginary referees to call games, this rule will be overlooked. The team captain is Marcy "Chicken Legs" D'Arcy since she likes to tell men what to do.

The line-up for the Wanker County All-Stars is as follows:

Strikers: Uncle Otto, Seven, Uncle Irwin
    Midfielders: The Wanker Triplets
    Defenders: Cousin Possum Boy, Cousin Effie, Cousin Eb, Cousin Zemus
    Goalie: Cousin Ida Mae

Ergo, which line-up will show up for the game. The Chicago Fire or the Wanker County All-Stars?

keeptheslinrsl repped this.
  2. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    you smoke too much weed

The speed of Chicago is scary. Add players like Grazzini and Pappa? yikes.

One positive thing we have going for us is that Chicago worked their asses off over the weekend in LA to get a win @ Chivas. We, though, will be without our energizer bunny so that more than level things off.

The XI I'd be interested in seeing
    Bonfigli, Sabo
    Luis, Javi, KB, Ned
    Wingert, Bor, Lave, Tony
    The f'in Midget

I want to see Luis get a shot in the middle as the non-AM. I think the kid has just as much energy as Will and will actually add to the attack nicely. I'd also pen in Vela and Espy as subs.

I want to give Espy a rest in this game and maybe Sabo a rest in Seattle. Keep them both on the bench, but don't make them go the full 90 for both games.

3. Ivensor

Ivensor Member

Nov 10, 2011
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    I thought that Luis did well in the first few games of the season as AM, but he's been invisible when we've played him on the outside of the diamond. For example, according to the chalkboard stats, Luis played 55 minutes against Dallas, and only touched the ball 39 times. For long stretches, he was completely un-involved in the play (e.g. the last 15 minutes of the first half). Will, on the other hand, played for 59 minutes yesterday and touched the ball 63 times. He was consistently involved. Also, I should add that Will completed 85% of his passes against NE, while Luis only completed 70% of his passes against Dallas. I would take Will any day over Luis, at least right now.

Don't get me wrong, we've seen some really good things from Luis and I'm really hopeful he'll grow to be a spectacular player, but in IMO he's not there yet. At least not on the outside of the diamond. I'd prefer to see Velasquez there on Wednesday.

4. DrownedElf

DrownedElf Member+

Jul 5, 2010
    Ogden
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kreis seemed to act like we'd actually see some rotation during this stretch. I'm betting we see one of Sabo/Espy rested with Paulo/Bonfigli up top. I bet the mid is Gil/Seba/KB/Ned and you see Schuler/Olave in back. For Seattle I think we see more of our normal setup with the backline of Schuler/Borchers. Maybe see someone like Steele start over Ned in Seattle. I would think if he did actually rotate and keep some players semi rested that would be the most optimal way to go as far as rest and still having a competative team out on the field. Javi looked dead at the whistle and since he's not 100% yet I could see him being a sub vs Chicago and starting vs Seattle.

5. goobx1

goobx1 Member+

Jul 9, 2007
    Salt Lake
    I too think we could see some changes coming on Wednesday but not many. RSL has a pretty light schedule of games with only 4 games between this Wednesday vs. Chicago and June 16 when they head to Chivas. That's 4 games, 1 an Open Cup game, in 38 days. There will be plenty of time to rest and get rusty. The changes to the line up will probably be more for injury prevention and some rotation than anything else.

I expect to see Schuler at sometime this week. My guess on Wednesday with Borchers and Olave and Borchers in Seattle. I think Seattle, barring the 'usual' red card adjustments, will be the best 11 we have available.

6. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    given Schuler's great experience against Seattle, I'd bet we see Olave go the full 90 against the speedy Chicago side and Schuler replace him at the clink

7. DrownedElf

DrownedElf Member+

Jul 5, 2010
    Ogden
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Also given Olave and turf don't get along, if they rotate I bet you see Olave Wed and Borchers Sat.

8. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    this is why I also bet we see Sabo and Espy against Chicago with Sabo going the full 90. Then in Seattle we see Sabo on the bench.

Though, the guy does have a pretty good history on turf.

9. RoyalNonesuch

RoyalNonesuch Member+

May 10, 2009
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have to disagree with the projected Fire lineup, and I weep for the future.

I fully expect the late Mayor Daley, Fat Sam, Ed Rooney Dean of Students, and Abe Froman, the Sausage King of Chicago, to compose the backline.

10. Taragui

Taragui Member+

Aug 13, 2006
    Northern Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Is Blagojevich available? With the ability to wrap that hair completely around the ball and thus direct it wherever he wants, he would make an awesome target forward.

Lizzie Bee repped this.
  11. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    not ditka or mj?
    come on man

12. Taragui

Taragui Member+

Aug 13, 2006
    Northern Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    I would also nominate Mrs. O'Leary's cow for goalie. I hear she can "play big" and has a wicked kick with her back foot.

13. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    According to homeboy's twitter, he'll be sitting this one out.
    Pen in Reynish for goalie

Doesn't sound like anything too serious with Nicky, just some minor shoulder issue that they are being extra cautious with.

14. TheBiff

TheBiff Member+

Apr 8, 2011
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Reynish is a good keeper.
    I don't think we have anything to be worried about.
    And if we can bring our defensive A-game, neither will he.

15. Blitzz Supporter

May 23, 2004
    Centerville
    After Kreis post game, and the way Nick played, I thought we'd see Reynish in goal. I think we'll see some wholesale changes Wednesday.

16. georg

georg Member+

May 25, 2009
    Parowan, Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone with some info on the status of Valasquez.? After a great start to the season he seems to have fallen off the map.
    I see a sub filled line-up for Wednesday and then bring on the first team in Seattle as it is a six pointer.

17. iron81

iron81 Member+

Jan 6, 2011
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    O'Leary's cow is a striker:

18. mr. slick

mr. slick Member

Oct 6, 2006
    Section 26
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Michale Lewis of the Trib wrote this yesterday:

"Without Johnson, the coaching staff will have some lineup decisions to make in the midfield.
    In all likelihood, Jonny Steele will simply step in for Johnson, as Kreis acknowledged that a long dearth of league games starting next week might make it easier for him to rely on his regulars throughout this week — rather than shuffle the lineup much — knowing they will get plenty of rest soon."

Looks like the usual starting XI other than Nick and Will. Here's the link to the whole article. http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/sports/54065351-77/rimando-game-season-chicago.html.csp

19. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I really hope Kreis goes with someone other than Steele. He was awful against New England and, really, outside the finish, was pretty bad against TFC.

I'd rather have one of the 2 kids out there. By kids I mean Luis or Vela
    With the speed that Chicago has, I doubt Velasquez gets the nod. I'd hope Luis gets it over Steele, though.

20. mr. slick

mr. slick Member

Oct 6, 2006
    Section 26
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's a great problem to have. I can see arguments for each of those 3 guys to get the nod. I'd like to see Vela, but 15, you're right about the speed thing. Luis has more experience (and he's just a kid!), but Steele, for the most part, has been pretty solid and has probably earned the chance to start. I wouldn't mind him starting and then bringing Luis on as a second half sub to go at some tired legs.

21. nfc1432

nfc1432 Member

Nov 3, 2010
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    I don't want to see Steele starting. He has earned the chance to come on late in the game when we are pressing for a goal and not needing defense. He can score when we need him, so I am glad he's on the team but I dont think his play has been solid. I'd much rather see Gil start.

22. Taragui

Taragui Member+

Aug 13, 2006
    Northern Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Any idea when Enzo might be ready, at least as a sub? I keep thinking he was drafted higher than "Honey Badger" Velasquez. Are we talking years or months?
    honey-badger.jpg

23. KendaReal

KendaReal Member+

May 3, 2010
    Taylorsville, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Has the team already traveled to Chicago?

24. DrownedElf

DrownedElf Member+

Jul 5, 2010
    Ogden
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think they flew out yesterday.