RSL vs LA: Western Conference Championship --Sun Nov6--P/I/P

Discussion in 'Real Salt Lake' started by SoccerPrime, Nov 3, 2011.

1. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Arguing with the ref on a constant basis should be removed from this sport. It's annoying as hell. It is not "gamesmanship" to be a little bitch and whine about every call.

The Barcelona's of the world aren't exercising gamesmanship when they surround a ref, they are being disrespectful to the ref - yet for some reason that law of the game has been twisted in a fashion that allows players to mob a ref.

Beckham does it all the time, and its worn off on other players on that team. Before Beckham got there, I had never seen Donovan bitch as much as he does now. But that's not the worst of it - Mike Magee is. Since Beckham's arrival and Magee's switch, the guy has had zero respect for the center or other officials.

Beckham leads the league in yellow cards. No way in hell you can argue the guy isn't a cheap shot machine. He doesn't know how to properly go into a slide tackle, I swear. Every time it looks as though he is going to bust-up yet another players knee.

2. LA_YANK_10

LA_YANK_10 Member+

Nov 25, 2009
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Say what you will, Magee has had zero respect for the back of the net lately to... RSL has their own issues with cry baby Espindola. Every team has em (complainers), our just happens to be the biggest name in world football... whether its because he feels the quality of ref is sub par or not the view that its whack is spot on... needless to say, if it keeps working, I'm not gonna be mad, persay... LOL

3. Blitzz Supporter

May 23, 2004
    Centerville
    Mike Magee was awesome in the Hangover.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. jammedat

jammedat New Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Just pointing out that earlier in this very post fans were complaining that the RSL players weren't in the refs ear complaining more....

Now, I agree with you! It drives me nuts, he isn't going to change the ref's mind, it should only be the Captain talking to the ref. But it doesn't happen like that anymore.

5. jammedat

jammedat New Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake

Well put, every team has their cry babies, and yes there have been times when Espindola lets his emotions get the better of him.....He drives me nuts when that happens, he is no help to RSL when he gets that way....that is when coach Kries needs to realize he isn't helping the team anymore and sub him.

6. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    whining shouldn't be a trait of your "leader"
    at least not in my opinion. It has spread to the rest of the team. It shows a lack of respect for the game. I don't care how bad the officials are, it shouldn't come to that (it doesn't help the official do his job to be an asshole, either)

Magee has been scoring, good for him, but with the defending that's been exercised on him almost anybody could put the balls in that he has been.

Having golden balls whip the ball into me would be pretty nice.

7. LA_YANK_10

LA_YANK_10 Member+

Nov 25, 2009
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Meh... agree to disagree... good game last night. See you at the the top of the table next season (or somewhere near it, since we will win the SS :D)

8. dannyl321

dannyl321 New Member

Nov 2, 2011
    Liverpool UK
    Club:
    Everton FC
    thanks for the warm welcome earlier on in the thread folks. very kind of you.

RE: why RSL,

I have no idea. I help to build and run an everton fansite and one of the other admin was talking about the play offs and explaining how it works (which i'm still a bit baffled at to be honest). I was just fooling around saying i'd be better off supporting an MLS side instead of Everton as it would be less stress then just basically picked Real at random, i think i liked the name and read a little bit. The Bob Marley song being a strong pulling point too. Someone told me that the sounders are like the redshite (liverpool fc) of the american leagues so that put me right off them from the start. As for the Donovan thing and LA Galaxy, I think they're too obvious a choice and i've never been a big fan of the LA thing, fake women and christmas lights dont do it for me. Donovan is an absolute legend of course and is an Everton hero for life. I never thought i'd see the day that an american bred player would set Goodison park on fire like he did. Really hope he comes back in January. I quite like the story behind Real Salt Lake, something just jumped out of the page to me i suppose. I'm Everton until i die, blue blooded through and through but RSL will definitely be a part of my footballing calendar come march

as for the game, don't sweat it things are only going to keep improving in the MLS and those trophies will be a lot sweeter in years to come, i'm positive RSL will have more than a share of them!

1 person likes this.
  9. BalanceUT

BalanceUT RSL and THFC!

Oct 8, 2006
    Appalachia
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree. There is definitely some negative baggage that came with Beckham initially, but that seems to have dissipated somewhat. Also, it should never be forgotten that when we beat LA in the MLS Cup Final in 2009, Beckham personally congratulated RSL after the match, away from the glare of TV cameras in the locker room, and made sure his teammates stayed for the trophy ceremony as a measure of respect.

He does whine and complain on the field. I couldn't believe he didn't get a yellow for two hands in the air handball last night. But, that didn't turn the game against RSL, or for LA. It was minor or meaningless. He busts his guts for that team, serves pinpoint pass on the run and on set pieces and makes LA better. He's quality and the rest of the league had to step up to meet the standard he was setting.

What MLS has done is similar to when Tiger Woods came on the scene in the PGA and won tournament after tournament. Eventually the other golfers upped their game, improved their preparation regimens and otherwise became capable of competing with him. Tiger still won a good number, but not like he did when he started out, because the other golfers improved.

10. BalanceUT

BalanceUT RSL and THFC!

Oct 8, 2006
    Appalachia
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    With all that I just said good about Beckham, a few yellows for dissent would end all this BS from him.

11. BalanceUT

BalanceUT RSL and THFC!

Oct 8, 2006
    Appalachia
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There are connections between RSL and Everton. Cody Arnoux, reserve for Everton, is part of the squad.

I guess this is where we tell you that RSL beat Everton in a friendly, 2-0, back in 2007. Hope that doesn't cause you to change your mind on following RSL! :D

12. HeBeGB

HeBeGB Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    to be fair, everton then beat the MLS "all stars"... in Salt Lake...

13. profiled

profiled Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 7, 2000
    slightly north of a mile high
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    He lead the league in yellow cards, and got multiple cards for dissent, and it didn't really seem to curb his pretty lame screaming/yelling and ranting (which I also think is pretty awful and wish he'd stop).