RSL vs cRapids 4.7.12 6 pm pacific....7 pm that other timezone.

Discussion in 'Real Salt Lake' started by UPinSLC, Apr 4, 2012.

1. nfc1432

nfc1432 Member

Nov 3, 2010
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Are we surprised he missed it though? How much of that rather cheap crap came to Gil's way, in the form if hits to the face, and while on the ground lifting legs up to trip him as he was jumping over. All of which the ref was staring at and just ignored. How in the world we ended up with more cards than them is beyond me.

2. SALTLAKEJAKE

SALTLAKEJAKE Member

Jul 9, 2010
    Sugarhood
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does anyone know of a video of the Gil-Mullan altercation?

3. nfc1432

nfc1432 Member

Nov 3, 2010
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    First I cant understand how their fans refuse to believe Kimura was embellishing anything. He clearly gets hit in the neck area, but grabs his face like he was shot. Then for the rest of the game are questioning why the fans boo him at all and really have no idea, then after the game are mad we booed him for pulling that crap, because he is such a great guy (according to jayd8888) off the field. Yet no one really knows where Velasquez actually picked up the injury with an elbow to the eye because he played through it instead of hitting the ground whining about it.

I would think jayd would be a bit more cautious talking trash to a team that just outplayed his own, saying we aren't that good would mean that Colorado are actually that much worse. Like stated above, this wasn't a one game fluke either, this is consistent RSL is better than Colorado.

4. Christoph

Christoph Member

Aug 20, 2006
    Farm Country
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    With the way the disciplinary committee has been cracking down this season, I wouldn't be surprised to see 2-3 of Colorado's players suspended for their next match. Bunch of dirty wankers...

5. BalanceUT

BalanceUT RSL and THFC!

Oct 8, 2006
    Appalachia
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, he's feeling it. He gave me a bad rep point on a post that was not even close to trolling. He just didn't like that I said that their guy *might* have been exaggerating his injury when Sabo face swiped him.

6. SALTLAKEJAKE

SALTLAKEJAKE Member

Jul 9, 2010
    Sugarhood
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. Aero

Aero Member

Feb 7, 2005
    SLC, Ut
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. SALTLAKEJAKE

SALTLAKEJAKE Member

Jul 9, 2010
    Sugarhood
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Saw it on twitter. Had to share it. Blows me away that Luis is the one to get carded. I guess that's what you get for retaliating, but I give the kid props for being willing to stand up when that douche got in is face.

But, I hope he learns when to retaliate and how to. Red cards are not what we need.

9. UPinSLC

UPinSLC Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    SL,UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    what a bunch of ********ing goons, the crapids can piss off with their shit. they are the dirtiest team in the league (montreal a close second), despite what their homer fans try to deny with foul statistics. it's the thing like this that arent born out in foul stats that show how goonish that team really is.

10. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    wasn't it Drew Moor that nearly busted Tony's leg when he played for Dallas?

I just realized something. I'll be in Seattle this weekend and catching the cRapids v Seattle match live.
    It'll be Brian Mullan's first match in Seattle since he busted Zakuani's leg.

I almost hope he doesn't get suspended for some of his actions so I can see how he is "welcomed" at the clink

11. DrownedElf

DrownedElf Member+

Jul 5, 2010
    Ogden
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What cracks me up is how the buildup to the match how all they could talk about is how thuggish we are. They pull this crap on us every year. Apparently juggling the ball is pretty damn thuggish, worthy of a hand to the face and some shoving.

12. RoyalNonesuch

RoyalNonesuch Member+

May 10, 2009
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mullan was a thug all night. This is not a 'good guy' who made one bad play last year. He creates extra-curricular shit all over the field.

13. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    it never ceases to amaze me, either.

You have ********ing Pablo Mastroeni, Connor Casey, Drew Moor, Brian Mullan, etc on your team and you have the juevos to say another team is dirty?

14. lurpythepirate

Sep 14, 2009
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think my favorite bit is how we're all trashy because we booed an opposing player. To be fair though, I'm sure their fans would cheer for any of our guys who had a good story, right?

Right?

15. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    the guy is being a ********ing idiot
    I booed Kimura for a game. Not even that, I booed him after he went down, in my opinion, looking for a foul rather than playing through the incidental contact. He got "hit" sure, but anybody who has played this game or watched it knew with that kind of theatrical collapse he either had some really serious damage (finger to the eye, busted nose, fractured face) or was trying to get the ref to stop the RSL attack. Honestly, Kimura got skinned by Sabo, that's the whole issue there. He knew he was beat once Sabo was turned to goal and he was still back tracking.

I didn't say I hated him (in fact I pointed out in my post that I liked him) I didn't threaten his life, I didn't take any swipes at his grandma:D

The guy is pissed that his team had a complete makeover, looked like it was maybe going to pay some quick dividends, and then came to the RioT and got bent over by a much better side.

If I'm trash for booing the guy, what does that mean your hack of a team is?

16. SALTLAKEJAKE

SALTLAKEJAKE Member

Jul 9, 2010
    Sugarhood
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I find this all hilarious as well. So we get a lot of fouls called against us. It happens. Saturday's match and the MTL game I was shocked at how many terrible fouls MTL and CO got away with. There were many moments in both games that an RSL player was MUGGED on one end, to no call, and on the other end an RSL player would foul, to one degree or another, a player and it was IMMEDIATELY called. Neither ref really controlled the match. Really unfortunately we have picked up injuries because of it.

For all the talk of the league controlling reffing and being better at it this year, it sure has had a shaky start. (yes, i'm complaining even though we benefited from an obvious non call on Fabi's goal.)

17. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    one last bit of irony from the cRapids fans:

apparently Dunny is a complete and utter RSL homer. They think listening to him is horrible.

Dude's, take off your cRapid blinders and listen to that idiot Balboa call a game. If Dunny is giving a bj to Kyle, Balboa might as well be... for any player on your squad.

*you be the creative one on what he is doing.

18. nfc1432

nfc1432 Member

Nov 3, 2010
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    One of my favorite parts in the game, when Beckerman passes to Borchers, who passes to Wingert.

A former Rapid, passes to another former Rapid, who passes to yet another former Rapid. Dont try and tell me Colorado wouldn't be extremely happy to get all three of those guys back, except they may not be thuggish enough for the team so they wouldn't want them back.

RSL = "The team is the star"

Colorado - "The team is the thug"

19. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He also pretty clearly gets hit in the face as well. 16:15 in game time on the MDL video. I think it was a finger to the eye that really got him.

Beckerman and Gil both got their cards for arguing/dissent. Maruffo made it pretty clear that he wasn't going to take any of that with the quick way he carded Pickens for it after the handball goal, so its not shocking he pulled the card on those two for the same thing (despite the Salt Lake announcers being incredulous about both cards).

That's not to say Moor shouldn't have seen red, he should of, but as more than one person has commented about Pickens, Gil and Beckerman should have been playing, not reffing. ;)

Balboa's a horrible homer too, but two wrongs don't make a right.

Beckerman and Borchers yeah, Wingert not as much. I've never been as impressed with Wingert as the other two. Though right now I'm not sure where we would play Borchers.

20. DrownedElf

DrownedElf Member+

Jul 5, 2010
    Ogden
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was about one section over on the same side as that foul, and from my angle I couldn't see the contact, and wasn't able to see any mark after the fact.

21. SALTLAKEJAKE

SALTLAKEJAKE Member

Jul 9, 2010
    Sugarhood
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought the card was for the retaliatory push that Gil threw someones way. I just looked at the match report and you are correct "argument" is listed as the offense. Funny that he would go to his pocket so readily for words, but not for fouls.

Oh well. 'tis the game I guess.

22. goobx1

goobx1 Member+

Jul 9, 2007
    Salt Lake
    3 and 10 both hit Gil in the head on that play. Can't believe one of them didn't get a red card for it. Maybe if Gil had gone down and grabbed his face like it was broken... Oh wait, we would have had to boo him and the take a crapids fans would be upset.

Interested to see if anything comes of it. Attiba was suspended after the fact on something much less blatant.

23. Aero

Aero Member

Feb 7, 2005
    SLC, Ut
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How hard is it to make your face red after rubbing it for 30 seconds? Kimura's face was certainly red but it was in a lot of places he most certainly did not get hit. Not saying that nothing happened to him, but having a red face is not evidence that anything did happen. Just ask professional wrestlers.

24. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Something that always surprises me: that people on one team's board are surprised that people on another team's board are homers. ;)

25. G Enriquez

G Enriquez Member+

Apr 1, 2002
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States