RSL vs cRapids 4.7.12 6 pm pacific....7 pm that other timezone.

Discussion in 'Real Salt Lake' started by UPinSLC, Apr 4, 2012.

1. wrennywren

wrennywren Member

Jul 15, 2004
    San Antonio TX
    Decent representation? There are 19 teams in the league and he mentioned an RSL guy for every position but attacker... Awesome.

2. BalanceUT

BalanceUT RSL and THFC!

Oct 8, 2006
    Appalachia
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We had the Altitude crew on Direct Kick... and I nearly wanted to slit my throat.

3. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey, if 15 to 32 is going to speak for all of us, so am I. :D

4. RSLer

RSLer Member+

Sep 24, 2008
    Stansbury Park, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What I noticed last night is that they flash the lines of the song up on the electronic signage around the stadium. I think it helped last night. Don't know if it's been done at the other home games, but last night was the first time I've noticed it.

5. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    the spine of our team is better than any in the league when playing well.
    I like that he lists Javi when he's missed so much of the season.

Honestly, Gil has had a hell of a season so far (started every match) and is fulfilling the hype laid upon him.

I think the combo of Espy and Sabo could be the best attack in the league. Yeah, individually, Henry is a better player. However, we saw how deadly Espy and Sabo can be. We also saw how a good defense (ours) can just shut down that Douche Bag Cooper/Henry attack

6. DrownedElf

DrownedElf Member+

Jul 5, 2010
    Ogden
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's been up at every game so far, on the electronic strip on the west side and the main screen. There was someone sitting next to me that I believe was her first game. She didn't get too involved until about halfway through but she did start joining in with various chants. It was pretty fun to witness.

I also got to hold the RMC and get some pics with it. :D All in all a great game to be at.

7. BalanceUT

BalanceUT RSL and THFC!

Oct 8, 2006
    Appalachia
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Apparently, Velasquez was elbowed in the eye in the 2nd minute and nobody talked about it, no stoppage of play, etc. His eye was swollen by it and he was bandaged after the game, pictures on Facebook.

Contrast that to the exhibited agony by Kimura.

I am officially a fan of Velasquez. I think he is going to be a player that, 10 years from now, we will all proudly talk about how we watched him play his first game against LA in 2012 and knew it even then! LOL!

8. SpiffCoug

SpiffCoug Member

Nov 10, 2004
    Orem, Ut
    Can/will MLS review the clear hand/shove to the face of Gil?

9. RSLer

RSLer Member+

Sep 24, 2008
    Stansbury Park, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    To be fair, Cooper only played the second half against us. If I recall correctly NYRB had a relentless attack that second half.

10. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just reviewed the second minute. Its not obvious where it happened but then I'm not as good as picking out Salt Lake players as I am Rapids players so I might be looking in the wrong spot. Maybe it happened off the ball/camera.

Based on the decisions they've made this year they can. They should (along with Mullan) but I think fines are more likely than suspensions.

11. DrownedElf

DrownedElf Member+

Jul 5, 2010
    Ogden
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Velazquez is easy to spot. Just look for the skunk tail.

12. BalanceUT

BalanceUT RSL and THFC!

Oct 8, 2006
    Appalachia
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's also the guy who didn't cry and writhe on the ground when he got hit in the face. That makes him harder to spot, of course.

13. Allez RSL

Allez RSL Member+

Jun 20, 2007
    Home
    I like Dunny's analysis. I learn a lot listening to him.

14. Speedybacon

Speedybacon Member

Feb 1, 2007
    Orem, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

15. elrey

elrey Member

Feb 6, 2009
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    I just watched the high lights and player interviews. I am a little dissapointmented that velasquez does not have a nice name plate like the rest of the players. It's just a pieces of sports tape.

16. Black Prince

Black Prince Member

Sep 11, 2006
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Ditto. I think he continues to get better, too.

17. trackrunner

trackrunner Member

Apr 5, 2011
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It could be because he is a rookie. Some sports teams make rookies wait a year for a more stable locker location, stop wearing sports tape name tags, stop carrying bags, etc even if they become a star as a rookie.

Or perhaps name plates are ordered twice a year . . .

18. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    and just how many goals did they score?

19. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It could be that he has to "earn" that name plate. Something like "if you do x you get this" x being score a goal, start so many games, play so many minutes, etc.

I've seen that done in college and high school sports.

If you want some fun eating another fans tears, go look at jayd8888 over on the cRapids forum. I'm starting to think that this 5 straight (and looking to continue, knock on wood) RMC dominance is getting to them. Don't you?

You're right dude, we're not as good as we think we are
    but we certainly are better than your team consistently

20. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can't confirm that I saw the hit, but I was there when Sebas was telling us in the locker room he got nailed and standing 12 inches from him I did notice the tape holding his eye together.

He had no reason to lie. And watching the game, its no surprise. To be honest, I am shocked that there aren't more injuries. Especially in the RMC matches.

21. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well I think Mastroeni's career was essentially ended by an RMC match (unintentional as the contact was).

22. I_Believe_In_Kreis

Oct 2, 2006
    on the pitch
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    His comment on his eye was something to this effect (not a direct quote, mind you):

"I got elbowed in the 2nd minute and it just kept getting more and more swollen. The coaches kept asking me how I was doing and I kept saying I was OK because I didn't want to get subbed off."

He also mentioned that he came out of the match because he took three kicks on the same spot on his calf and eventually he couldn't hide his hobbling. Sunday he said he could barely walk but he thinks he'll get over it quickly.

23. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    he was pissing the hell out of their defense - especially the ginger and moor.

Too bad the ref missed some rather cheap shit that came his way in the form of elbows and late tackles.

24. SALTLAKEJAKE

SALTLAKEJAKE Member

Jul 9, 2010
    Sugarhood
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He went to the docs today to get that knock checked out. I would assume that it continued to bother him yesterday. Nothing serious. Not sure about availability this week.

25. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    isn't ned a possibility against SKC?
    Not that I don't want Vela to play, I love the kids energy and style, but if Ned is healthy enough to go he'd get benched regardless.