RSL vs cRapids 4.7.12 6 pm pacific....7 pm that other timezone.

Discussion in 'Real Salt Lake' started by UPinSLC, Apr 4, 2012.

1. UPinSLC

UPinSLC Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    SL,UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    quite frankly i think velasquez deserves to play saturday. johnson hasnt shown much to me and he will be freaking exhausted after tonight. steele was a ghost tonight other than the one pass to paulo right before half. plus no javi. my lineup would look like this:

[LINEUP-4-4-2]espy, sabo, grabavoy, gil, beckerman, velasquez, wingert, schuler, borchers, beltran, rimando[/LINEUP-4-4-2]

guys are going to have to raise their game big time to beat the cRapids. cRapids have been playing well....at home, against crap competition (they got worked at New York). they'll be up for the game, will we?

2. UPinSLC

UPinSLC Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    SL,UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    jason in the post game said he thinks ned broke a rib. soooooo......nix him.

3. DrownedElf

DrownedElf Member+

Jul 5, 2010
    Ogden
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Johnson for Grabs and you're probably spot on with that lineup. With the way Olave has been playing though, it wouldn't surprise me to see either Olave/Borchers or Olave/Schuler again.

4. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I really want Olave in the back. He is in prime form right now and against a player like Cummings, we're going to need him.

I too would like to see Sebas back in the XI. The kid steps it up during the games, he must be doing something wrong in training sessions to fall behind the ghost man of Steele.

Tanaka wasn't terrible, but he wasn't so good that I'd be ok with him taking Beltran's spot this game. Tony is young enough to do the full 90 again just days later, hopefully, as we'll need his maturity out there.

With it being Easter weekend and the weather looking to be potentially bad, attendance for this one is going to be really interesting.
    http://www.weather.com/weather/weekend/USUT0226

5. HeBeGB

HeBeGB Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    I was pleasantly surprised with last night's attendance (POAP helped of course)... Many of my RSL friends chose not to go last night with the thought of attending Saturday's blood bath. (some invalid excuses about being responsible spouses, et al)

My guess would be that attendance is at least +18K with the more hard-core rowdy RSL fan being in attendance for the 'derby'...

6. UPinSLC

UPinSLC Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    SL,UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    only reason i dont think we'll see olave is because he was noticeably limping after the game and CLEARLY exhausted (he was hunched over at the end looking like he was going to puke, you know the feeling after you've run gassers for 2 hours). borchers showed he can play up in portland and schuler is young enough to go back to back 90's a few days apart and still be good (god he was amazing last night).

7. DrownedElf

DrownedElf Member+

Jul 5, 2010
    Ogden
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good news is that Ned only dislocated the rib. They haven't given a timeframe for when he'll be back though. Still no word on the extent of Morales' hamstring injury.

8. UPinSLC

UPinSLC Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    SL,UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    lol, for some reason rib dislocations make me chuckle. if you know anything about the rib (it actually joins at 2 separate places, at the spine [actually 2 separate spots at the spine as well] and for some at the sternum) it is a curious bone structure. very easy to break and alter and there is very very little that can be done to actually treat rib injuries. he must have dislocated a rib at the sternum, that must have hurt like hell. the worst part about rib injuries, i fractured one of mine, is the length of recovery and random pains. sneezing, coughing, bending over, random turns side to side....all those things hurt like a mofo for a long time.

9. TheBiff

TheBiff Member+

Apr 8, 2011
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I hope to God that beckerman won't play like he did at Portland or against Montreal.
    We need him to be %100 for this one or we don't stand a chance of controlling the game.
    Without Javi this isn't going to be one of our prettier games.

10. keeptheslinrsl

Mar 17, 2008
    Section 26!
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  11. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    First I've heard of it as well. It also appears in the press release from Salt Lake today:

http://www.realsaltlake.com/news/2012/04/rsl-post-it-notes-vs-montreal-impact-wednesday-april-4-2012

I haven't seen anything from the Rapids side mentioning this so I think the Salt Lake FO did this on its own.

12. Hardtcore

Hardtcore Member

Jul 12, 2007
    Kearnshaw
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Interesting. I wonder what Subaru will do to make this a bigger match or is it just another way for RSL to make some cash?

I think for now I'll be "forgainst" it...

13. keeptheslinrsl

Mar 17, 2008
    Section 26!
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  14. HeBeGB

HeBeGB Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    and so the banter begins! LOL!

My only problem with the whole thing is that wasn't the intent to be a grass roots, fan-generated competition? Why then is this becoming the Budweiser FA Cup, so to speak?

I hate it... and this is coming from a loyal subaru owner!

15. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll ignore the jersey sponsor comment from somebody who's team has XANGO on the front and agree with this post. To the best of my knowledge (though I'm no longer on the organizing committee I'm friends with all the current Rapids members) the fan organizers had nothing to do with this. "For the fans, by the fans" is something of the unofficial motto for the RMC and this smacks of the Honda Superclasico in LA.

16. dstorm

dstorm Member

Apr 13, 2007
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How do you dislocate a rib?

17. UPinSLC

UPinSLC Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    SL,UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    take a big shot to the chest or back. the ribs are held to the breast plate (aka the sternum) and the spine mostly by cartilage. it's difficult to dislocate a rib at the spine though because the rib actually contacts and is somewhat fused to the spine at 2 locations separated by a few centimeters.

18. Allez RSL

Allez RSL Member+

Jun 20, 2007
    Home
    That's what you get for not trademarking the thing.

It probably wouldn't be out of bounds for the fan organizers to do something about it, or at least find out what the sponsorship entails, if they're unhappy with it.

19. keeptheslinrsl

Mar 17, 2008
    Section 26!
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just some good ol' fashioned ribbing. I dont really care enough to be serious about it.

20. RSL Punk 2

RSL Punk 2 Member

Sep 11, 2010
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Grabavoy says, "Too soon, man. Too soon."

21. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sounds like the group is doing exactly that.

22. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As was my response. ;)

23. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If Subaru really wants to shell out some cash to put their name on it, why be offended? If anything, it's a compliment to the fans for creating the thing. I understand the "this is ours, this is for us" argument, but if somebody with some deep pockets comes by and says "hey, mind if I put my name next to that" are we really supposed to get upset?

No master-wanker or dick head casey?! who will I boo!?
    wait

GINGER!!!

He's got no soul!

24. Aero

Aero Member

Feb 7, 2005
    SLC, Ut
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So, does that mean I can use Real Salt Lake's name and get a sponsor that's cool like Audi that will be paying me and not RSL and they should just be okay with it?

25. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    the trademark issue here is the key component.
    If the SG's didn't make it so the RMC was under their rights, it's their own fault.