RSL vs. ChivasGirls, 6/16/12 @ 8:30 PM UDT

Discussion in 'Real Salt Lake' started by El-ahrairah, Jun 4, 2012.

1. UPinSLC

UPinSLC Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    SL,UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    57' minute....sabo, come on man, that should have been an EASY goal, just tap it in....you already did all the hard work and kennedy was flying out of his goal.

2. UPinSLC

UPinSLC Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    SL,UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    lol at RSL playing with 6 midfielders (with johnson filling in at outside back)

3. n1xhere

n1xhere Member

Jul 12, 2007
    It is like reliving last night, all over again, thanks UP

4. UPinSLC

UPinSLC Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    SL,UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    morales' touch and pass to johnson was perfect for the final goal, good stuff. javi didnt get involved in the match very much, but he got 30 minutes of burn and the set up for the third goal was well done. we'll be scary if we can get everyone completely match fit.

5. kirsoccer

kirsoccer BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 29, 2007
    You guys are all hitting on an enigma that's followed Steele throughout his career. One year he's USL MVP, and the next year he's left to playing indoor soccer. He has talent, but has never put it all together. If he had, he wouldn't have come to RSL as an unheralded free transfer from lower division at the league minimum. He is what he is, but right now he's a serviceable player of the bench as a 2nd or 3rd choice (perhaps if Gil is healthy) outside midfielder.

6. Speedybacon

Speedybacon Member

Feb 1, 2007
    Orem, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    it was just the north goal(at least I think its north) and the north corners. the attendance was only 13 thousand. The entire upper deck was tarped off as well.

7. Shakhtar Salt Lake

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For anyone who was at the game, how big was the RSL contingent? Especially toward the end of the game you could hear the pro-RSL crowd loud and clear (I was watching the Chivas feed). If I hadn't known better I would have thought RSL was the home team based on the crowd noise. I'm sure the Chivas fans had largely cleared out by then, but it was still crazy.

I have to admit I feel bad for the Chivas organization (coaches, staff, and players, not the owner) and fans. I don't feel the animosity for them some others do. I never liked the "Chivas branding" when they came into the league (bad idea on many different levels), but it was a product of where the league was at the time. However, I have mixed feelings about rebranding or relocation. I still get annoyed when people from other teams say RSL needs a different name, and I hate to see any fans lose their team, regardless of sport/city. We almost lost RSL to St. Louis ourselves.

8. DrownedElf

DrownedElf Member+

Jul 5, 2010
    Ogden
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think Chivas is going to be a good team next year. Right now they're one of the best teams defensively, but they've only scored 9 goals this season. They've allowed 17 goals so far which is just over 1 goal per game. Frasier is doing exactly what Kreis did when starting out: shore up the defense, then work on the offense. It seems like they're starting to pick up the pieces for the offense, it just needs to start clicking.

ShaggyReAL repped this.
  9. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    you can see what Fraser is doing with the squad
    he has a couple players on that team that I'm truly jealous of and wish RSL could have found a way to get them here.

With that said, Fraser won't get the same support as he did here from the Chivas FO. They've shown a tendency to cut their managers a little early for my liking. I wouldn't be surprised to see him on the hot seat if they don't make the playoffs this year. Do I agree with it? no, but it will likely happen

10. DrownedElf

DrownedElf Member+

Jul 5, 2010
    Ogden
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It'd be a shame if they cut him, because I see them making the playoffs next year if he's allowed to keep building. Although I wouldn't mind him getting cut so we have one less team in the west to worry about. ;)

11. Krhoades

Krhoades Member

Apr 11, 2011
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    There really weren't many RSL fans there that I saw. A group of 15 or so of us on the front row, and a couple groups of 8 ish scattered around one section. If I had to guess, I'd say there were maybe around 50 of us. There were probably more, it didn't seem very organized. We were sitting in front of a couple Galaxy fans that came to root against Chivas, so does that count? Either way, we definitely got louder by the end of the game.

Great game to be at, my voice should be recovered by the end of today. Got to talk to Tony's dad during half time, added Chris and Nick to the very short list of autographs on a STH scarf, spent time with a great friend, who converted one more RSL fan (maybe?) and got engaged. Good trip, I think.

Time to rewatch and relive the game.

15 to 32, Speedybacon and Ismitje repped this.
  12. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Talk about burying the lead! Congratulations!

15 to 32, BalanceUT and Krhoades repped this.
  13. Krhoades

Krhoades Member

Apr 11, 2011
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Thank you. We've been together for 3 years, I'm looking forward to the rest of them. She's incredible.

pate, MOS5, DrownedElf and 1 other person repped this.
  14. DrownedElf

DrownedElf Member+

Jul 5, 2010
    Ogden
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For some reason I read that as your friend got engaged. Which I guess is true if you meant girlfriend :D Congrats man!