RSL @ Natural Disaster. 4/21/12. P/I/P

Discussion in 'Real Salt Lake' started by 15 to 32, Apr 17, 2012.

1. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think Elvin and NNCRed have this about right. We're just particularly mad because it all just happened with us on the bad end of it.

I thought Nicky had done enough to get us the tie. It would have been an amazing result.

2. aosthed

aosthed Member

Jul 16, 2004
    40º30' N 111º52' W
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    We'll see if there is karma if Lenhart is fined and suspended. Go troll somewhere else.

3. burninator

burninator Member

Aug 7, 2005
    Houston, TX
    I'm pretty sure that's all anyone ever wants. Now please leave us in our misery.

4. TheBiff

TheBiff Member+

Apr 8, 2011
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    As long as we actually do move on.
    (Though it'd be unfair to not allow us to b**** about this one for a while)

5. burninator

burninator Member

Aug 7, 2005
    Houston, TX
    next!

6. andyslc

andyslc No Longer a New Member

Sep 27, 2009
    Fargo
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i am a loss for words of what happened there i missed the first half but i guess all the "fun" things happened in the second... o well short week no need to get our panties in a wad.

7. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Troll? NNCRed is one of our oldest fans! :)

Travels to away matches even.

8. Blitzz Supporter

May 23, 2004
    Centerville
    I agree The dude from the Blue Lagoon should definitely get suspended and fined.

9. aosthed

aosthed Member

Jul 16, 2004
    40º30' N 111º52' W
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Cheating is cheating. SJE won by cheating, I don't want RSL to win by cheating. Maybe you like it when cheating goes our way but I don't. I am fine when our players are fined/suspended for it so let's see if MLS will do it to someone else.

There is nothing just in this, it's a dumb comment.

10. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, but it won't get us a point tonight, or Olave next week.

11. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You're about as grumpy as I've ever seen you. You don't usually attack fellow fans, but that's two of us in a handful of minutes.

I'd be thrilled if Lenhart gets suspended as Sabo was last season. I remember how angry Quakes fans were about that play in that game. And now the shoe is on the other foot, and I don't think I ought to let it bother me quite so much as all of that.

12. NNCRed

NNCRed Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Land-o-Spuds
    Can teams still not appeal red cards after all the changes to the practices/powers of the disciplinary committee in the off season? If so, that's a shame.

13. phills

phills Member

Nov 24, 1999
    Yes Jason could of been done a better job .He could of added more defense when we are tie. So what that Pablo has speed.He hasn't used it yet this season when he has been out there with 11 players out there so he wasn't going to be very sucessful when we are down a man. We were down a man and still tie so now was the time to add defense help... Get the forwards out of there. The probability that we could hold them wasn't very high. Everyone was getting tired . So go for the tie .

14. trackrunner

trackrunner Member

Apr 5, 2011
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    qfe!!!

15. aosthed

aosthed Member

Jul 16, 2004
    40º30' N 111º52' W
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    I'm just so tired of MLS refs. It took a long time for the talent/quality level of MLS players to get to where it is but it can be undone by poor officiating... Not to mention the schizophrenic actions of the MLSDC.

The ref changed the game by not only awarding a PK but giving San Jose a 2 player advantage for the last 30 min.

The MLSDC ought to be able to rescind a red if they can give them out after-the-fact. Lenhart should get a 2-3 game suspension (remember how they said they were going to get tough on diving). Olave should have his rescinded.

16. Ivensor

Ivensor Member

Nov 10, 2011
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Really disappointed we couldn't hold on to tie it, just because it would have been an awesome result to tie a game away down 2 men. But, when you're down 2 men, what can you expect, really?

One of those games you just kind of shrug your shoulders at and move on. Let's look at the positives: Umm....positives, anyone? Olave and Espy will we well rested for next Saturday...I liked Beckerman's goal...and, uh, .... crap.

17. Blitzz Supporter

May 23, 2004
    Centerville
    Jason said in post game that he contemplated pulling the team off the field and heading to the locker room after Olave was ejected. I would have loved to see that.

18. nfc1432

nfc1432 Member

Nov 3, 2010
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Didn't MLS come out and say you could challenge two reds, if you win the challenge you get it back? In other words you can lose two challenges of having them rescind cards. That being said, I wonder if Jason will just let it be, give Olave a rest for the Wed game anyway.

19. Speedybacon

Speedybacon Member

Feb 1, 2007
    Orem, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think that the defense did well for being down 2 men. Beckermans goal was pretty awesome. Rimando had some good saves...

20. poptart6767

poptart6767 Member

Apr 23, 2007
    Logan, Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wouldnt have blamed him either. It would have been funny to see.

21. RealShark

RealShark Member

Nov 16, 2008
    Orem
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That was the worst red card I've seen in 35 years of playing, watching, coaching, reffing, and just all around breathing eating and living soccer.

Lenhart is a punk. For all of the fans who went ballistic on Sabo last year for a flop, I want to see San Jose's fans do the same to Lenhart. I want Yallop to suspend him for a game for doing that because he respects the game and wants to win the right way, just like Kreis did to Sabo. There isn't a place for that crap.

If there were any justice in this world and the MLS gave a crap about improving their game, they'd suspend the referee for one game and UN-suspend Jamison for one game to even it out. We've lost the 3 points regardless. Giving a player back who wrongfully was sent off, having a coach step up and suspend his own player for pulling that garbage, and then having the league tell a ref that being out of position that badly, not even consulting the linesman or 4th and quickly going straight red in such a situation is the only way to make this right. Do I think results should be changed, and things other guys say? No. The result is the result. But you can still right some wrongs in the post-game aftermath by telling referees to get your ass in position and make the right call or don't make a call like that unless you are absolutely SURE. They can suspend them for blowing it. They can rescind red cards. And a coach can show respect for the game by telling his own player, "Nope.... that's unacceptable." As a coach I never let a player of mine get away with that kind of crap. I'd sit him down faster than you can say Jack Robinson and if he whined I'd tell him the same thing I'd tell my kids, "You want to be grounded for 2 days? Keep talking. Otherwise take your punishment and zip it."

Bad all around. Garber needs to step up and do something about this. Last year it was situations like the Zakuani leg snap that made them commit to focusing more on player safety. Now the league has gone back to flop city and it sucks. Just as I feel there is no place for a Brian Mullen in this current iteration of the league anymore (at least not the one who attacks people). I don't feel there is any place for a guy who gives 2 straight reds in one game, is consistently out of position, and players who make a healthy living diving all over the field and grabbing other guy's junk in order to embellish and get a win out of it. Unacceptable.

22. RealShark

RealShark Member

Nov 16, 2008
    Orem
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Unfortunately part of the TV deals and collective bargaining several years back made it an "across the board" in all leagues that coaches wouldn't pull teams from the field. It happened in an NFL game in the late 80's (I am trying to remember who did it... it was an old-school coach and they walked.... a league rep ran down and screamed at him and they came back out about 5 minutes later). It hasn't happened since then as the leagues have all locked coaches and players into staying on the field. The coach can't stop the game. The referee can, the league can, the authorities can. Other than that... nope. Players can't walk and coaches can't walk their teams off.

Pretty stupid, but I'd like to see a coach do it anyway. The problem is that they'd get terminated. Literally the NFL said if a coach walked a team off the field that he'd be banned for life. That is how seriously they take it. Other leagues followed suit by threats from the networks. Because once one coach does it and gets away with it, then it becomes more common.

They are all in on it together of course. Jason can't make that fat paycheck if he isn't doing what the league asks, and the league can't make their fat paycheck if teams are leaving the field. So everybody stays on the field and just takes it, but it does my heart some good to hear that our coach actually thought about it. He knew he couldn't do it, but the fact that he let it cross his mind and wanted to tells me that he saw exactly what I saw. Incompetence. There is no place for it in a world class league. If they want to be Sunday soccer at the junior high with high paid players in beautiful taxpayer subsidized stadiums then keep it up. Otherwise... fix it. Tonight's display was reprehensible.

23. RealShark

RealShark Member

Nov 16, 2008
    Orem
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe the positive is that the league finally says they've had it with Lenhart's shit and sends him to the sidelines for an extended period, and referees actually start doing their jobs and watching the guy. He does nothing but go out and start crap and then bitch out the ref every chance he gets. Did you see him tonight? After that red he should have stood in the corner and absolutely shut his mouth and been thanking the gods of soccer that he didn't get tossed for diving. Instead he's mouthing off at the ref that Rimando is timewasting, throwing the ball at Nick and yelling at him to hurry up, and throwing guys down in the box ever freaking corner kick.

It's the kind of guy I'd like to see on the street someday when he was in town for a game so I could ask him excitedly for an autograph and then when he hands it over go, "Oh wait, this doesn't say "Complete Douche Bag" I thought you were somebody else. Muh bad."

24. KendaReal

KendaReal Member+

May 3, 2010
    Taylorsville, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  25. SimpleGame6

SimpleGame6 Member

Apr 16, 2012
    Club:
    Aberdeen FC
    Does anyone have a link to the post game news conference, just wondering?