RSL @ Natural Disaster. 4/21/12. P/I/P

Discussion in 'Real Salt Lake' started by 15 to 32, Apr 17, 2012.

1. georg

georg Member+

May 25, 2009
    Parowan, Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If your saying Sabo I say yes, dude sucks.

2. Lizzie Bee

Lizzie Bee Member+

Jul 27, 2004
    Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Changed your mind?

I don't think I've said this before, but: bunker, boys, bunker.

3. georg

georg Member+

May 25, 2009
    Parowan, Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If your saying trade Sabo I say yes, dude sucks.

4. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think one man down, we put in PJ and let him run. I think two men down, we keep Sabo on for his defensive presence.

5. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Even without the goal, Beckerman has had one whale of a game. Props to Captain Kyle.

6. phills

phills Member

Nov 24, 1999
    Are you kidding me?? Saborio does nothing. At least waste some more mins and put Alvarez or valquez in for fresh legs.... and defense help

7. Teak

Teak Member+

Feyenoord, VfB Stuttgart, Valencia
    Nov 22, 2008
    Grain Belt
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    Saborio just pulled a "Lenhart"; I love it! :D

8. ShaggyReAL

ShaggyReAL Awesome is my middle name

Dec 9, 2009
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. Ivensor

Ivensor Member

Nov 10, 2011
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Ha! I've absolutely changed my mind. Bunker for all you're worth, boys...

10. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  11. Teak

Teak Member+

Feyenoord, VfB Stuttgart, Valencia
    Nov 22, 2008
    Grain Belt
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    Six minutes of stoppage time? Can you believe this ref??

12. Allez RSL

Allez RSL Member+

Jun 20, 2007
    Home
    So instead of getting a red on a scissoring slide tackle from behind, or a 2nd yellow on his takedown of Saborio, Dawkins gets the winning goal.

I wouldn't have minded the ref calling a tough game, if he'd called it tough both ways.

13. Blitzz Supporter

May 23, 2004
    Centerville
    RSL didn't play bad, seeing that they were 9 on 12. One would think the league would do something about Olave's card, but no. They won't. Officiating is still the downfall of this league. Complete crap.

14. Lizzie Bee

Lizzie Bee Member+

Jul 27, 2004
    Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, this game SUCKS. That's all I want to say.

15. ShaggyReAL

ShaggyReAL Awesome is my middle name

Dec 9, 2009
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How about the Marquez style kick in the head by Gordon on Beltran. From the replay I saw the ball wasn't even close to Gordon.

16. georg

georg Member+

May 25, 2009
    Parowan, Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Six minutes was a joke but not so bad as Kries sitting on his third sub until he goes down a goal in extra time.
    Really how does any official come up with six minutes?

In my opinion Johnson, Steele, and Sabo do not deserve to see playing time until they can prove they are better than Gil, Valasquez, and Paulo.

17. Blitzz Supporter

May 23, 2004
    Centerville
    Here's my Tweet:

@thesoccerdon has to do something about this. That Red card on Olave was horrible. This league will always be 2nd rate with this officiating.

18. rslfan

rslfan Member

Oct 28, 2004
    Sandy, UT
    I hope the next person to take a red card against San Jose puts that ******************** bigbird in the morgue.

19. DrownedElf

DrownedElf Member+

Jul 5, 2010
    Ogden
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Douchebag Lenhart doing what he does best. Olave gives no contact on the play, Lenhart pulls him down by the shorts and dives. Then on their game winning goal you can see Schuler trying to run over to Dawkins and who pulls him down by the jersey? Douchebag Lenhart. So you've got Dawkins still in the game after a scissor tackle, Lenhart doing the only thing he knows how to do and it's a wrap. GG ref, you royally botched that one.

If the DC doesn't rescind the red on Olave then I'll have no faith in them.

20. nfc1432

nfc1432 Member

Nov 3, 2010
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    I can't understand the ref's mindset in this game. I thought the Espy red was soft, but it was two footed, fine. Then the scissor take down from behind was easily just as bad, but only a yellow. Olave getting a red, I'm guessing it was because San Jose isn't good enough to beat us when they are only up one man, as Olave did nothing but run faster than Lenhart. Sabo got a yellow when that SJ player went down injured in the 60th. The ref didn't even call a foul, and watching the replay Sabo did absolutely NOTHING to the other guy. Like the announcers said, call it loose or call it tight, but call it even both ways.

21. rslfan

rslfan Member

Oct 28, 2004
    Sandy, UT
    Absolute bullshit all the way.

I didn't think it was possible to hate a team as much as the Crapids.

22. phills

phills Member

Nov 24, 1999
    Ref should be fined. Badly coached game by Jason. Why Paulo in????? We are a man down but yet we tie and then you don't go for the tie and get some defense help in there??? why leave worthless Saborio in and then bring another forward that has not helped with scoring so that we now have two worthless forwards in there at the end and no defense help. Valquez would of been better than Paulo. if we have players on the bench that are not good then waive them and get players that will be able to help this team on the field. It seems that Jason in not very creative. He should be looking at each game and the situation that the team is in instead of just subbing the same players over and over...

23. elvinjones

elvinjones Member

Jul 4, 2011
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey, don't you know it's a foul for you guys to allow Lenhart to pull on your jersey and then fall down on a shoulder challenge? :p

Yeah the ref could have given a red to Dawkins and was wrong with Lenhart. Tough luck (kinda like our last game...). It would have been more interesting to see what would have happened with just one red or even none.

24. NNCRed

NNCRed Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Land-o-Spuds
    Karma. Sabo's dive last year at home to SJE changed the game. Lenhart's dive this year did the same thing. Let's move on.

25. nfc1432

nfc1432 Member

Nov 3, 2010
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    I didn't think the subs were that bad. With Paulo, we are down a goal, Paulo has some speed and is a forward with a chance of scoring, more so I'd say than Valasquez. When the ref is having that bad of a game, and you are down two men, there isn't much ANY coach can do to get a result.