RSL @ Natural Disaster. 4/21/12. P/I/P

Discussion in 'Real Salt Lake' started by 15 to 32, Apr 17, 2012.

1. acreach1

acreach1 Member

Feb 19, 2007
    Love to see the link for quakes fans saying that Lenhart is the fastest player in the league...

2. acreach1

acreach1 Member

Feb 19, 2007
    Contact non the less (and I still think Lenhart was pushed in the back). Sabo had zero contact and dove. No contact...contact, see the difference?

Hey, if this was such a blatant dive, I am sure the DC will suspend Lenhart. Call me when that happens. :)

3. acreach1

acreach1 Member

Feb 19, 2007
    He didn't cheat. He was pushed, grabbed onto Olave, and they both fell down.

4. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My belief is that neither of them are the fastest in the league (Wynne), but I'll admit that Olave is in the conversation. Lenhart? No way.

5. UPinSLC

UPinSLC Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    SL,UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    wynn is probably the fastest, consistently, player in the league. BUT, i would take Olave in a dead heat against Wynn with the ball 40 yards away and an empty net in front of it. there is NO QUESTION that Olave has the sneakiest speed in the league; when it comes to recovery defense and beating a man to a ball, Olave is the fastest.

6. UPinSLC

UPinSLC Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    SL,UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    such a load of shit, there wasnt a single RSL fan on this forum that tried to justify what sabo did. everyone here made it plain as day how they felt sabo cheated and deserved his suspension.

this post in the ref forum for the game CLEARLY shows how lenhart created this situation. Olave was running with lenhart, stride for stride after catching up. olave did NOT create the contact which sent lenhart sprawling to the ground like he got shot by a .50 cal sniper rifle. lenhart obviously recognizes he isnt going to beat olave in this situation, he reaches around olave to both shield him from ball and simultaneously grabs olave's shorts and pulls him into lenhart. photos shows this clearly:

Denz also did a great analysis on how lenhart set olave up, with multiple video angles:

http://www.rslsoapbox.com/2012/4/23/2970345/how-steven-lenhart-set-up-jamison-olave

lenhart is a cheating piece of shit, a talent-less hack whose only skill is pissing people off and diving like a mother********er. he dove against seattle to draw the pk in that game and played like a total punk against NY. he has a long history of this behavior, IMO he doesnt belong on a field anywhere.

7. Christoph

Christoph Member

Aug 20, 2006
    Farm Country
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes. I definitely saw the contact. It's very clear when you watch the replay, especially the one with the camera angle from behind. You see Sideshow Steve look over and realize that he is getting completely outrun, he stops playing the ball and instead tries to step in front of Olave with his arm hooked around for extra leverage, then kicks Olave in the back of the leg which causes Sideshow to completely lose muscle control in both of his legs (luckily he didn't poop himself) and fall to the ground with a handful of Olave's shorts...Definitely a lot of contact there...

8. chispa

chispa Member

Jul 29, 2007
    I am certainly not asking for "sympathy" for SJ, I'm merely suggesting that acting like your lives are over and it's the end of the world because of one badly reffed game is over the top for anybody. Your outrage is because you feel your team got screwed. SJ's reaction is that you weren't. An objective observer might say one red card was deserved, another questionable, and that SJ got a way with a non-call.

[/QUOTE]If you want to talk about sucking, go look at our first few years of existence.[/QUOTE]

And were you indignant when you won a game where maybe you got a lucky break due to the officiating?

9. Smurfquake

Smurfquake Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2000
    San Carlos, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I accept your apology.

10. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you'll take generationz as in any way representative of the SJE forum in years past, we'll take canyonvue/travellor as representative of ours. :)

11. DadOf6

DadOf6 Member

Jul 4, 2005
    Taylorsville, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You don't get it.

It hasn't always been that way but in 2005 FIFA, followed by the USSF has flat out told refs not to call offside in this case unless he actually touches the ball or he blocks the 'keeper's view of the ball.

12. DadOf6

DadOf6 Member

Jul 4, 2005
    Taylorsville, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not sure which game it was but there was also a game where the stadium clock did not start counting stoppage until several seconds after it got to 90. The TV fans did not understand what the deal was because the TV showed the whistle after 3:00. And I think there were two cases where the ref blew early.

They were all within a couple weeks.

13. Allez RSL

Allez RSL Member+

Jun 20, 2007
    Home
    What on earth were you hoping to accomplish with this post?

Just let the RSL forum work though this on its own. You're not helping.

14. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think that's a fair point for both those posters, but UPinSLC did say:

and canyonvue/travellor is a RSL fan on this forum, as much as you guys (and the rest of us) may wish otherwise. ;)

15. Aero

Aero Member

Feb 7, 2005
    SLC, Ut
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why are you here? ;)

16. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Same reason I'm in the Seattle, LA, and Chivas forums. Following interesting conversations.

(Well, there's nothing going on in the Chivas forum, I'm just keeping an eye out for any questions about our tailgate from travelling fans.)

17. acreach1

acreach1 Member

Feb 19, 2007
    Tough to get behind your argument when your facts are wrong. Lenhart didn't play against NY. Get your facts correct and try again.

18. burninator

burninator Member

Aug 7, 2005
    Houston, TX
    If I wanted to know what SJ fans reactions were, I would go to their forum.

Now, if I was a SJE supporter (perish the thought!), I don't know that I would be in this forum talking about how good my team is and how fair the result was, patronizing other fans and telling them their misery is childish. I would probably be in my own forum contemplating why my supposedly-awesome team needed over 20 minutes of a 2 MAN ADVANTAGE to score the game winning goal. That would give me cause for concern, being that it would put my team oh so close in quality to Chivas USA. And this whole karma argument given by bsman (gotta love the name) and others, well, I would have preferred a game with very little controversy so that I could say, "Look, we didn't need the ref to win this game. We won it (almost) entirely on our own merits. Screw karma, we owned this game," assuming, of course, that the result remained 3-1. But that's just me.

Now, any SJE fan that wants to come in here and have a non-condescending discussion about the merits of the game and our feelings on the matter, on our own forum, respecting it as such, please, join us in our misery. Otherwise,
    [​IMG]

19. UPinSLC

UPinSLC Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    SL,UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Now....you see.... I just refuse to accept that. How can anyone so delusional and crazy be labeled as a fan? Her "fandome" isn't based in any reality governed by the laws of nature and physics, therefore she can't be a fan.

:p

20. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, she is a Salt Lake fan, I kind of assumed that was the standard. :D

(I kid, I kid, but I couldn't pass up a setup like that.)

21. Allez RSL

Allez RSL Member+

Jun 20, 2007
    Home
    She hasn't posted on here in months. It's almost like none of it ever happened.

22. Ivensor

Ivensor Member

Nov 10, 2011
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Okay, I'm ready to put this incident to bed and move on. To help with my own catharsis, here are some random points. Some of these are in response to the SJ posters who have come on here, some are just RSL related.

1. Yes, of course RSL has benefited from missed calls in the past. Espy had a handball that turned in to a goal just a few weeks ago. I don't know that it's the fact that the call was missed that has made us mad, it's the fact that (a) several really important calls were missed in favor of SJ (no red card for Dawkins, no call on Lenhart mauling Schuler on Dawkins' goal, yellow on Sabo), making for an incredibly lop-sided game and (b) the ref pulled the red extremely quickly, with no consultation, on a play where he had no clear view.
    2. Another thing that raises our hackles is the fact that so many SJ fans are unwilling to even acknowledge that it was a bad call, despite clear evidence that it was. That's what has lowered the opinion of some RSL posters of the SJ fans. Well, that and their refusal to admit that Lenhart is a total hack.
    3. I could care less what SJ fans think or do, but in my view their response hasn't been that outlandish. Sure, several refuse to agree that it was a poor call, but several others have said that it was a bad call. Whatever.
    4. I think that every fan base probably feels like more calls go against them than go for them. That's mathematically impossible, but psychologically possible. SJ obviously feels like this is justified b/c they've had calls go against them in the past. We'll probably feel justified the next time a call goes in our favor b/c of this incident. It's just part of being a fan, I guess. I can certainly name lots of times in the past when calls have gone against RSL, and they still stick in my craw.
    5. The argument that Lenhart didn't dive b/c there was contact is idiotic. He clearly kicks the back of Olave's legs and then falls over. He created the contact.
    6. I think that Kreis has done a good job of coaching some of the dirtier stuff out of RSL players, and I'm really glad about that. Espy used to be a real instigator/hothead, and he's calmed down a lot over the past little while. I don't see nearly as many dives from Sabo as I used to. I hope that continues.
    7. I still hope that the DC rescinds Olave's red and suspends Lenhart. That would make me feel a lot better.

23. I_Believe_In_Kreis

Oct 2, 2006
    on the pitch
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The thing you have to remember about Quakes fans is that, because of the team's history, they are inherently insecure.

Put yourself in their shoes for a minute: It's the early 2000's and you're on top of the world. You've won two MLS Cups (2001 and 2003). You just won the 2005 Supporter's Shield. You're a fan of the most secure, content team in MLS. And what happens next? Your owner, Philip Anschutz, who promised he'd always be loyal to San Jose, picks up the team with no warning and drops them in Houston because he couldn't get a stadium deal done with the dumbf--ks in the city council.

Fast forward to 2012. You've got a new team, though not as good as the previous incarnation. You've got a stadium deal in place. The architectural prints were released two years ago. The city council approved the deal one year ago and held a "demolition ceremony". And yet here we are in 2012, the same year owner Lewis Wolff said the stadium would open, and they have not even broken ground yet.

So if you're a Quakes fan, in the back of your mind you're wondering if this stadium thing is actually going to happen before MLS loses their patience and pulls the plug on you....again (New York Earthquakes, anyone?).

So forgive them if they're a bit edgy right now.

24. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    using canyonvue as your argument?
    nice

that'll really get you some credibility as a poster over here

25. nihon2000