RSL FIFA 13 thread

Discussion in 'Real Salt Lake' started by TheBiff, Dec 21, 2012.

1. TheBiff

TheBiff Member+

Apr 8, 2011
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    If anyone is looking for a young striker that will develop well should look for Yassine Benzia.
    He's 19 and starts at 63 overall, but has a potential of 85.

2. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can he be bought for cheap? Seems most of those known young strikers are more expensive than 99% of MLS teams would dish out.

What about South Americans?

3. ShaggyReAL

ShaggyReAL Awesome is my middle name

Dec 9, 2009
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I went to download the Football Manger Demo to see if I wanted to buy it. I guess you can only play it if you have Steam even if you want to play it offline. Stupid.

4. DrownedElf

DrownedElf Member+

Jul 5, 2010
    Ogden
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I love steam. I always hit up the sales when they have them, pickup a bunch of games on the cheap and play through them until the next sale. :D

Boz repped this.
  5. ShaggyReAL

ShaggyReAL Awesome is my middle name

Dec 9, 2009
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    it's lame. It makes you log in online for and offline game. It makes total sense.

6. Boz

Boz RSL Family

Jul 14, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    I love Steam! TF2 baby!

7. Bulldog SLC

Bulldog SLC Member

May 4, 2012
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What the hell is Steam?

8. Boz

Boz RSL Family

Jul 14, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    From Wiki: Steam Software

9. Bulldog SLC

Bulldog SLC Member

May 4, 2012
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. Boz

Boz RSL Family

Jul 14, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    Dood, kan u reed? ;)

Steam is a centralized platform presented by Valve that allows access to games across multiple platforms. It's a great source to purchase and install games that you can play anywhere on any computer as long as Steam is installed. I am not much of a gamer and I still love it--the idea is just awesome.

I play TF2 almost exclusively. Check out this awesome vid from one of the characters from the game:

the Spy
    (it's so totally worth watching!)

11. DrownedElf

DrownedElf Member+

Jul 5, 2010
    Ogden
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Steam is a product of Valve, makers of Half-Life. It's basically a desktop app that allows for purchasing of games through other companies and also has a built in dashboard in game to chat with friends and whatnot. The incredibly nice thing about Steam is that it's a nice way to buy/play through games they offer. steampowered.com is their site, it's a solid platform and they have sales on games there all the time. Thanksgiving/Xmas/Summer is when they'll have bigger sales on a lot of their stuff saving up to 75% off some games and game packs. They also do a really good job supporting indie games, some of which are rather amazing (and inexpensive!) Typically I can go through their sales and pickup 5 games or so for incredibly cheap, casually play through them, then grab a few more when the next round of sales hits.

It's always funny seeing some of these new games come out at $60, and steam will throw them up at 25% off within a couple months. Great way to save some cash if you're willing to wait a couple months to play some of these games.

Boz repped this.
  12. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I use ORIGIN (similar to Steam) to run FIFA 13 on my PC (thats a segway to get back to FIFA 13 discussion).

I tried EA's Football Manager, FIFA Manager 2013 free as a demo on ORIGIN but I found it boring. I need to control the players and also be able to play. I can't play manager and thats it. Thats boring.

13. Bulldog SLC

Bulldog SLC Member

May 4, 2012
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    C'mon boo! Dunt make fun of me cuz i beez illigitimate! I beez werkin on my reedin and ritin!

Thanks...that was a lot easier to understand than sneaking peeks at the Wiki page, while the boss is trying to bust me for net surfing.

Boz repped this.
  14. DrownedElf

DrownedElf Member+

Jul 5, 2010
    Ogden
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Origin is far and away terrible compared to steam. I hate that it's required for FIFA13 :D as far as manager games go, Football Manager is easily the best and most detailed out there. I almost love playing that more than FIFA, but I can understand why some would rather play the players, instead of managing everything else about a team. I'm just a huge fan of developing tactics around the players available, or trying to find the players to fit a system I want to play. I lose far too many hours to FM vs FIFA when I really get playing. :D

15. RoyalNonesuch

RoyalNonesuch Member+

May 10, 2009
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The art and style of TF2 really is/was off the charts.

16. Boz

Boz RSL Family

Jul 14, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    Agreed--that is a large part as to why I like it so much.

Okay fine, Prime. Back to your FIFA stuff. For the record, I wish I had the patience to play soccer video games. I've tried...

17. TheBiff

TheBiff Member+

Apr 8, 2011
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    If you get him early it should be between 500,000 - 1 million.

18. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well RSL would never buy him then. Any way I can just convince him to come for 100k and a great deal on a Hansen townhome?

19. TheBiff

TheBiff Member+

Apr 8, 2011
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    In the game RSL has a budget of ~1,500,000 so that shouldn't be a problem

20. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I saw this on the LA forum, they were complaining about it. I thought it was appropriate here:

[​IMG]

Bulldog SLC repped this.
  21. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey, how do you get players who are in your Ultimate Team trade-pile to go back to your club?

22. jessyca

jessyca Member

Jun 8, 2008
    SLC
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  23. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks. It wasn't quite like that, but if you hit the X button in the Trade Pile screen, it does give you a similar option. Must be a 12 vs 13 thing.

24. doctorwhom

doctorwhom Member

Jan 14, 2012
    Sale Lake City
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    How about a bump? Anyone done anything interesting in the last month?

According to FIFA, Rimando is a shit keeper (the dumbest balls just roll right past him), but Salcedo and Plata do very well for me.

I also scored my first bicycle kick, on accident, with a 60 rated striker (Garcia).
    http://www.ea.com/soccer/videos/ugc/155194321

25. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We've gotten a little sucked in by FIFA on the iOS devices. Fun stuff. Been building a FUT RSL team, still looking for an elusive Olave RSL CB. And why are there so many Bonfiglis out there? Argentine fever anyone?