RSL @ Colorado

Discussion in 'Real Salt Lake' started by Rapids Front Office, Apr 23, 2012.

1. HeBeGB

HeBeGB Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Never too early to start talking Sh!t on the Rapids!!!!

Cannot wait for August!... by then, it will be our coronation as we will have the cup wrapped up by then! (God Damn unbalanced schedule!!!)

2. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    seriously
    won't this be 3 years in a row now where we have to get crowned in their shitty dick?

3. Aero

Aero Member

Feb 7, 2005
    SLC, Ut
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, when we win the game on the 7/21 in the RioT, we will have officially won the Cup (again) for this year. The game on 8/4 in the Dick won't matter at all.

It is kind of nice parading the Cup around all of their sobbing fans in their stadium though.

4. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    good point
    so we'll be there with the cup and can already sing about how its our for 6 years in a row

I like this much more now

5. lurpythepirate

Sep 14, 2009
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jesus ********ing christ, can we not jinx ourselves here please?

6. nfc1432

nfc1432 Member

Nov 3, 2010
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    But we've already won the cup this year, what could go wrong?:D

7. HeBeGB

HeBeGB Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    fcuk you slurpythepirate!!!

This one is in the bag!:)

8. Krhoades

Krhoades Member

Apr 11, 2011
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Doesn't it seem slightly unbalanced to have the cup depend on the two matches here, instead of one here, and one there? I don't understand this.

9. nfc1432

nfc1432 Member

Nov 3, 2010
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    From what I remember hearing during the first game in SL the supporters had talked about this problem but decided since the schedule will be reversed in favor of Colorado next year they would just leave it as is. Though I'm not in a supporters group and was never part of any conversation so feel free to correct me.

10. Aero

Aero Member

Feb 7, 2005
    SLC, Ut
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not much that can be done about the schedule. In 2008 and 2009 it was also based on 3 games. 2008 had two in Colorado and 2009 had two here. Next year, if the schedule remains the same which we you can't just take for granted, the Crapids will have two home games while we only have one. It evens out in the end.

11. elkaholic

elkaholic Member+

May 28, 2009
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just got our 5.

12. FCBeast

FCBeast Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Kearnshaw
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm glad this deal finally went through. For those interested, the Royal Army will have a bus going to Denver. We will also have a hotel deal and a home bar. Watch our FB page or the thread in the supporters group section for move information when it becomes available. Also, if you are traveling to Denver you will want to be at the tailgate for free drinks and pizza.

13. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    got my 2 tickets
    any suggestions on hotels? We want to be closer to downtown for pre and post game stuff.

14. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    are we doing a supporters match/series this year?

15. Lizzie Bee

Lizzie Bee Member+

Jul 27, 2004
    Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What is that?

16. I_Believe_In_Kreis

Oct 2, 2006
    on the pitch
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The annual thrashing of Rapids fans by Real Salt Lake fans on the soccer field.

17. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    except last year they thrashed us

18. FCBeast

FCBeast Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Kearnshaw
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There are plans for a match here, not sure about an away match yet. Details will be released soon.

19. Bulldog SLC

Bulldog SLC Member

May 4, 2012
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bleh! Is this going to be one of those things where you have to be in a SG to play? You know, like the last one they tried to put on here in Salt Lake (and probably all the others, I don't know). Sorry if I sound irritated, but it's kind of a sore spot.
    Well maybe we ought to let more people play.

20. Lizzie Bee

Lizzie Bee Member+

Jul 27, 2004
    Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would love to watch this! Post details if it happens here in the UT.

21. FCBeast

FCBeast Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Kearnshaw
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It will be like last year. It is a match between supporters groups, so we allow supporters group members to play before we open it up to others. Sorry if that is inconvenient. You could always join a supporters group. You would get the chance to play plus all the other goodies that come from SG membership. ;) www.rslroyalarmy.com

22. FCBeast

FCBeast Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Kearnshaw
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We finally have the details for those interested in taking the Royal Army™ bus to Denver for the away match of the Rocky Mountain Cup™. The round-trip cost of the bus will be $85 for members and $100 for non-members. The bus will leave somewhere in the middle of the valley (still working on a location) at 6:00 AM, Saturday, August 4th. And will leave Denver to return home at 9:00 AM, Sunday, August 5th. To reserve a seat on the bus you must pay in full. Reserve your seat ASAP because they will go fast. We will have spots for sale at the Bourbon House watch party Saturday night, you will need to show your RA Membership card. We’ll have a PayPal link up on our website early next week if you can’t make it to the watch party. Don’t miss out on this amazing opportunity. If you aren’t a member already consider this, for only $110 ($10 more) you can get your seat on the bus as well as a Royal Army membership (scarf, patch, Team Store discount card, and membership card).

23. Bulldog SLC

Bulldog SLC Member

May 4, 2012
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I tried so hard to bitch and moan but the whole inconvient remark kinda got to me. It felt like it had a condescending tone to that one sentence. As a SUPPORTER who goes to 90% of home games and bought numerous kits over the years (1 myself and 2 for the kids this year alone), I have never felt a need to pay money to a seperate group to show my loyalty. And let me get this straight, tickets are $100 for the bus (which I have no problem with BTW...I was planning on this). So you want me to help pay for the bus, but I can't participate in a supporters match, because I'm not considered a supporter. I don't wan't (and can't afford) to pay extra money to a group just to say I belong. I'm really trying to understand the concept of what an actual supporter is. Now if you can help me out with this, I would really appreciate it.