RSL Blogs cont'd

Discussion in 'Real Salt Lake' started by SoccerPrime, Apr 8, 2009.

1. I_Believe_In_Kreis

Oct 2, 2006
    on the pitch
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh dude, no way! The way you were walking on that thing I didn't think it would be any worse than an MCL. You must have a pretty high pain tolerance. I'm sorry you have to have surgery - that sucks. Best wishes if I don't see you before then.

2. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. DrownedElf

DrownedElf Member+

Jul 5, 2010
    Ogden
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I stupidly played on a torn ACL for a few weeks without knowing it. Had a brace on it and was largely ok unless I was making a hard turn or something. I had assumed I had just strained my knee when I injured it and didn't actually go to the doctor for a couple of months.

4. smackdowntay

smackdowntay Member

Oct 1, 2008
    Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    RSL v Colorado Rapids :: The Rocky Mountain Cup Edition

[​IMG]

I went to the game with some of my friends and I tried to document the whole thing the best I could. We were lucky enough to carry the RMC with us from SLC to Denver! On game day, we took the cup and toured it throughout the city, near the capitol building, there we met with Governor Hickenlooper who took his picture with the cup and said that he would like to create the tradition of the opposing team getting their picture with the cup each year. He also said that he was going to e mail Governor Herbert and mention to him what had happened (we'll see if that happens. I realize he's a politician haha). The supporters march to the game was great. The supporters were awesome and loud the whole game. I tried to document that the best I could. Hope everyone enjoys the pix!

Hit the JUMP and check out pix and video!

- smack

5. GoReal

GoReal Member

Jul 15, 2004
    Orem, Utah
    Pictures were great, the videos not so great. IMO
    The actions of a few...
    or many I don' t know.

The video with the national anthem was embarrassing. If you(as in those that were singing disrespectfully) want to sing along with the national anthem then do it with respect please. It's not a joke. Whether you are at the Dick or at Rio Tinto.

6. smackdowntay

smackdowntay Member

Oct 1, 2008
    Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dont know what you mean by that. As Americans, I think we'll sing the National Anthem any way we'd like. Thank you very much. At least it wasn't as bad as Rosanne. But then again, it's all relative. I thought the way we sang the NA was great. It had passion and it was inspiring. The fact that we were actually singing it and holding our hands over our hearts should be enough.

7. GoReal

GoReal Member

Jul 15, 2004
    Orem, Utah
    Since I wasn't there all I had to go by was the videos that you shot or whoever shot them. There were quite a few with there hands over there heart, but there also were a few that couldn't put their hands over there heart because they were so busy lifting their beer cups and yelling or screaming the NA. Like you said it is all relative, but for me yelling or shouting the national anthem and laughing about it, over the person performing the national anthem is not being respectful. No matter who is doing it. I'll be quiet now.

8. smackdowntay

smackdowntay Member

Oct 1, 2008
    Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    RSL v Seattle Sounders

[​IMG]

The look on Wingert's face is AWESOME!

Enjoy. This very well could be the last time we have a game at the Riot this year. Taking pictures on the sidelines is one of the greatest experiences of my life. A big thank you to all of those who have given me some feedback on the pictures and my little blog. A big thank you to Boz, who is the man. Period. I am extremely lucky to be able to take pix, and I really hope I can do it again in years to come. I'm not going anywhere, just wanted to speak my peace for this season. Thanks ya'll!

9. El-ahrairah

El-ahrairah Member+

Sep 20, 2004
    Wanker County
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    At the RSL-Sounders game last night (AKA RSL having their way with the Flounders), when they announced the singers of the National Anthem, we all looked at each other and said "Who?". A guy playing the guitar and some woman singing. She sang very badly, but it wasn't to the level of Rosanne Barr's disaster. Makes it hard to sing along when the singer is thinking about calling the performance "The Musical Stylings of (insert name here)".

10. smackdowntay

smackdowntay Member

Oct 1, 2008
    Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bump

Got my press pass for 2012. Also, I am getting a new lens that should make my pix turn out a bit better this year. Super stoked!

11. UPinSLC

UPinSLC Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    SL,UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    awesome cant wait. what lens are you getting and what is your setup?

12. I_Believe_In_Kreis

Oct 2, 2006
    on the pitch
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wait, you picked your pass up already? I didn't know they were available.

13. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ditto

14. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  15. smackdowntay

smackdowntay Member

Oct 1, 2008
    Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I previously shot with a 75-300 f4.5-5.6, but this year I got a 75-200 f2.8-3.5! Paying a pretty penny for it.

Nope, just submitted my application about a week ago. I think we pick em up when we arrive at the home opener at the media window.

16. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So when you said you picked it up, you meant to say you just submitted for it.

Gotcha.

17. smackdowntay

smackdowntay Member

Oct 1, 2008
    Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  18. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    goodness, did they only have so many jackets in each size and the rookies got whatever was left over?
    Even Bomma was like "Velasquez, you look ridiculous"

19. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  20. GoReal

GoReal Member

Jul 15, 2004
    Orem, Utah
    Great blog 15! I hope your predictions are right on! I think RSL's key to victory is staying healthy and so far it is not looking so good. I have to admit I'm not so sure about RSL this year due to all the injuries. Obviously, I hope you are right and I am wrong.;)

21. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  22. smackdowntay

smackdowntay Member

Oct 1, 2008
    Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    RSL v NYRB's

[​IMG]
    Luis Gil sports the streamer headband after he scores his second career goal against the NYRB's.

The atmosphere was electric and awesome! Great game to be at!

23. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  24. the cup

the cup Member

Jul 10, 2002
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    I took a break for awhile but have been updating my blog over the past few days.

Nothing major but fun nonetheless.

www.rslcup.blogspot.com

25. dstorm

dstorm Member

Apr 13, 2007
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Excellent photos smack, as usual - thanks for sharing