RSL Academy

Discussion in 'Real Salt Lake' started by kirsoccer, Jan 3, 2012.

1. pate

pate Member+

Jun 12, 2007
    Provo, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And if it's too much for one person, maybe several players could get together and alternate twice a week or so posts. (A staff advisor might be able to help with prompts for topics to write about too.)

2. I_Believe_In_Kreis

Oct 2, 2006
    on the pitch
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Incidentally Todd, what did you get a BigSoccer yellow card for? You seem like a laid-back guy.

Maybe this could inspire a new tag line? "Real Salt Lake: The refs hate us so much that even our academy kids' dads are getting cards."

3. Toddsoccerdad

Toddsoccerdad Member

Oct 19, 2011
    SLC
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks and Yes I am very laid back but made a mistake in regards to being overzelous with the marketing of my sons skills. Lucas did a youtube video which I did not post here because i thought most of you were aware of him. Anyway he asked me to get the YouTube video out there and I told him I knew just the place and I posted it on a bunch of the threads here on BigSoccer which I was not thinking that is would be viewed as a Spam. I can understand why they would view it that way. Anyway they originally gave me a red card and I was able to convince them i was not selling anything but just a Dad trying to help his kid out. They reduced it to a Yellow thanks to the help of some fellow bloggers. I kinda thiink i deseved the yellow ha ha here is the video and it was not that it is a bad video just that i posted it on threads that i dont normally chat on.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jJIWdvEBJs&list=HL1329279992&feature=mh_lolz"]Lucas Cawley Goals & Highlights - YouTube[/ame]

It was my bad. thanks for your interest.

4. Toddsoccerdad

Toddsoccerdad Member

Oct 19, 2011
    SLC
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great weekend for the Academy. Both teams put in some great performances and look to be peeking at the right time. The 18s were lead by four goals from Mikey Orellana. That makes three 5 to 0 games in a row for them. The 16s won by a score of 4 to 0 and both the teams need to have a strong March with four road games against so cal teams. If the 18s want in on the playoffs they really need to win these next four games . The 16s could really ensure a playoff run with a 3 wins and one loss month. Next up the strikers and patedores on the road in two weeks. I will be there and tell you what I see.

5. Toddsoccerdad

Toddsoccerdad Member

Oct 19, 2011
    SLC
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. Toddsoccerdad

Toddsoccerdad Member

Oct 19, 2011
    SLC
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I spoke with Lucas and he said he is not sure about doing a blog but he does a very good job at posting pictures and doing soccer updates on facebook and said he will accept any and all facebook friend requests. About 90 percent of what he writes and posts on facebook is RSL academy related. Lucas Cawley is his name. Also I will be down at California this weekend and I will tell you all what I see. Academy games agaisnt Strikers and Patedores. I just looked at the forecast and it says rain both days. Oh well at least the soccer will be good.

7. Toddsoccerdad

Toddsoccerdad Member

Oct 19, 2011
    SLC
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. Toddsoccerdad

Toddsoccerdad Member

Oct 19, 2011
    SLC
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. wyomango

wyomango Member

Aug 2, 2007
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. uscan18

uscan18 Member

Aug 11, 2010
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    RSL U-18s 3-0 final over Strikers. Played in heavy rain & wind.
    Jordan Allen 2 goals, Ive Burnett (LB) goal.
    Report I got is another dominant performance by the 18's.
    Soccerdad- we need an update after the U-16 game, heard you are at the games.

11. Toddsoccerdad

Toddsoccerdad Member

Oct 19, 2011
    SLC
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The 16s played great and won 2 to 0. Actually deserved to win by more. The strikers goalie made many gret saves. Goals by benji and Jose. Well played in the rain.

12. Toddsoccerdad

Toddsoccerdad Member

Oct 19, 2011
    SLC
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was down in California for the RSL Arizona matches. Game against Strikers was a dominat perfromance by both ages with Possesion bordering on 70 percent. It was raining very hard which made the games a little sloppy but RSL held the ball well. I did not see the 18s game against Patedores but heard that it was a rough one. The RSL 16s looked amazing the first half against the Patedores with great possesion and style. Then the first 15 minutes of 2 half against a very strong wind the defense made some blunders and Pats were up 3 to 2. The windy conditions seemed to help turn the game into an agressive affair as the players had trouble controling the ball. The pats energy level was very very high as the pressed the ball everywhere on the field. The RSL team looked a little fatigued in the second half. Now the calender points to a trip in two weeks to play the Galaxy and then Chivas on the same weekend trip to so cal.

13. Toddsoccerdad

Toddsoccerdad Member

Oct 19, 2011
    SLC
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here is a little Video Clip of the 16s playing the rain against Strikers. The goal is by Benji Lopez and the one off the post is Lucas Cawley. As you can see not great weather this weekend in California.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQKOmxvdkJA&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]Real Salt Lake-Az U16s v. Strikers FC U16s (March 17, 2012) - YouTube[/ame]

14. Toddsoccerdad

Toddsoccerdad Member

Oct 19, 2011
    SLC
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kind of a weird change in the schedule for the RSL Academy. They were to play against Chivas and Galaxy next weekend in California. Now according to the Academy website the Galaxy game at home depot has been moved to the April 28 at Casa Grande and then they play again April 29 at Casa Grande. I am sure the college scouts will love it with a four game set of RSL Arizona 18s and 16s against the LA Galaxy. They also added the Seattle Sounders make up game for May 6 at the Grande. Both rsl teams could get on a good role with one away trip to Chivas next week followed by 7 straight home games to end the season. Lets hope they can both get in the playoffs. Right now the boys are on Spring Break until Sunday.

15. Toddsoccerdad

Toddsoccerdad Member

Oct 19, 2011
    SLC
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  16. SALTLAKEJAKE

SALTLAKEJAKE Member

Jul 9, 2010
    Sugarhood
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for all the info Todd! It's great to see them performing so well.

17. Toddsoccerdad

Toddsoccerdad Member

Oct 19, 2011
    SLC
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You are welcome. This is turning into the Toddsoccerdad blog ha ha Feel free to post everyone :)

18. Toddsoccerdad

Toddsoccerdad Member

Oct 19, 2011
    SLC
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  19. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  20. I_Believe_In_Kreis

Oct 2, 2006
    on the pitch
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Or more accurately, make them the day after the senior game again. Thursday mornings for a Wednesday match, Monday mornings for a Sunday match, etc.

21. Toddsoccerdad

Toddsoccerdad Member

Oct 19, 2011
    SLC
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree with you and Jason. The other challenge specific to RSL is that the Academy where they can and do draw players from is 800 miles away. Would be much easier for RSL if the Reserve games were the following morning after the first team games.

22. DrownedElf

DrownedElf Member+

Jul 5, 2010
    Ogden
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You'd also think it'd make more sense for the reserve match to be against the team you just played as well. Seems like much more cost/travel/inconvenience for all parties involved the way it's setup this year.

23. Toddsoccerdad

Toddsoccerdad Member

Oct 19, 2011
    SLC
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Exactly I am even for a few Academy games a year around when they play the first team. Example could be La Galaxy against RSl first team on July 21, The next day the Reserves play folowed by the 18s and 16s games all against the Galaxy. It wouild be great for all involved. This is something they could do a few times a year.

24. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    well if we are going to get all technical about it:rolleyes:

25. uscan18

uscan18 Member

Aug 11, 2010
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    U-18s lose 1-0 to Chivas.
    Own goal, 3 goal posts and a missed break away in the first half, unlucky to say the least. This squad can struggle with the final touch, haunted them all year and will be a key reason they miss the playoffs.
    U-16's lose as well, far more talent, simply out coached by former RSL coach Mike Munoz, frustrating match. Amazes me that Martin V. gets out coached by a U-16 Academy coach...does not bode well for our Men's National team.