RSL and the 2012 US Open Cup Running Thread

Discussion in 'Real Salt Lake' started by El-ahrairah, May 23, 2012.

1. Section11

Section11 New Member

Apr 18, 2012
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    I swear if one person ever complains about Sabo again I will track you down and beat you to death with a vuvuzela. :mad:

mr. slick, MOS5, Lizzie Bee and 3 others repped this.
  2. Blitzz Supporter

May 23, 2004
    Centerville
    Who are these people? I've never heard it. What do they say, "Sabo scores too much"?

3. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can't believe I paid to watch that shit. The Seattle refund thing was stupid, but if there was a game RSL wanted to refund, this would be it.
    Some points from the 75 minutes I watched (yeah, I left that shit early)
    • Kyle Reynish is complete and utter shit. There is no sugarcoating it. There are a few men's league teams in this state that would expose him for being a pussy in his own box.
    • Jamison Olave showed us the Olave of old. Stupid, reckless, and a short fuse. He should have been sent off.
    • This team lacks heart without someone like KB, Will, or Espy out there. Nobody stepped up, my blame for this would go to Borchers. You take that armband you lay into the guys. I wish he would have grabbed Ned or PJ and said "wake the ******** up"
    • Jason Kreis got outcoached - and bad.
    • Minnesota will give SJ or whoever they play next fits and could be a darkhorse in this thing. Talented squad that can execute a gameplan. They have some weak spots, but as a unit are very composed and take their chances very well. They talked the talk and walked the walk.
    • The handball on Olave was a joke. The ref in this game has done a couple of my games over the years. He is so damn inconsistent on handballs its comical.
    • Kyle Reynish sucks
    • We have no 3rd string striker. We saw PJ, Bonfigli, and Arnoux on the pitch with a chance to show what they got. We saw PJ miss 2 sitters, Bonfigli dribble the ball out of bounds numerous times, and Arnoux just run around pointlessly and probably picked up some injury in the process.
    • Kyle Reynish sucks
    • What the hell is with our defense this year? How many games now have we given up multiple goals? Even at home we look weak defensively and lose focus for long stretches.
    • Did I mention Kyle Reynish sucks balls?
    • Playing the Believe song over the PA during the match is bullshit. I don't care if the guys need a lift, the guys in the box shouldn't do shit like that. I shouldn't have let this bother me as much as it did, but it made the whole affair feel division 4 esk. Really poor from the RSL audio crew.
    • Though, to their credit, something was needed. Our SG's really are behind the team... all 15 that decided to show up tonight. Bullshit, guys
    Overall, this was the first RSL match that wasn't a friendly that I left early. I've been proud of that stat but today I couldn't take it

jessyca and ShaggyReAL repped this.
  4. ShaggyReAL

ShaggyReAL Awesome is my middle name

Dec 9, 2009
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seriously, why should the RSL players care if the coaches don't care? They gave up once they put that white forward in, right?

5. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh, one more point.
    You're full of shit, Kreis.
    If you were "taking this seriously" you would have started Espy or at least subbed him on at half. Our strikers out there tonight couldn't score in a brothel

georg repped this.
  6. ShaggyReAL

Dec 9, 2009
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No game on or off the field.

15 to 32 repped this.
  7. georg

georg Member+

May 25, 2009
    Parowan, Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    With so few matches coming up, I really did expect to see Espindola. So much for this being a deep team.

15 to 32 repped this.
  8. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    and while you and I see differently on Sabo, I think the verdict is about out on how "deep" we are at forward.
    Isn't there a transfer window during the summer? Could we please get rid of some of these shit players to find someone to at least try to contribute? I swear PJ is just there to take paychecks lately

9. JesusKreis

JesusKreis Member

Nov 15, 2008
    SL,UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What a steaming pile. Kreis proved he didn't care by yanking Tanaka and not subbing in Espy. Money well spent Uncle Dave.

And the worst part of it all? The salt in this enormous phucking wound? The annoying old lady sitting next to me singing "Here at the RIO TEE the battle hymn's begun!" during Believe.
    Just shoot me in the face

10. ShaggyReAL

Dec 9, 2009
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    JK ruined Paulo. Paulo use to shoot at goal whenever he had a chance, now he never does anymore. I blame JK trying to make him midfielder. ;)

11. NorthernWall

NorthernWall Member

Mar 1, 2012
    Dear bitter RSL commentators and fans.

You don't have to give us credit.

Your front office already paid cash.

asoc, MOS5, Black Prince and 5 others repped this.
  12. n1xhere

n1xhere Member

Jul 12, 2007
    I am all for flaming this shit performance, but if you truly think you guys beat the team we all know should have been out there, and how they should have played then FOAD.

Every fan here has a right to be pissed at our team's performance. That doesn't change that MN showed up. 15 (I think) already gave your team credit. They were better tonight and if any still sober person that follows this team is honest, the team that showed up beat the team that didn't. Pure and simple. I would still take our full squad every day of the week and twice on Sunday (gotta love "A Few Good Men" quotes) :)

Good luck in the next round. Based on what I have read MN is having a fantastic season. I hope it continues.

13. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You guys were great, honestly, but we also were utter shite.
    I'm not going to sit here and say "we played our best and they won" because that wasn't true. We looked like the ********ing Utah Blitzz (no, wait, they played like they cared...) in this game.

Good luck the rest of the way.
    If you execute game plans like you did tonight, you'll be just fine.

14. BalanceUT

BalanceUT RSL and THFC!

Oct 8, 2006
    Appalachia
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wha?:confused: You can do better than that. I'm sure of it.

15. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For a running thread, it sure didn't run very far!

How funny is it that these guys made us pay them for the priviledge of embarrasing us at home?

16. BalanceUT

BalanceUT RSL and THFC!

Oct 8, 2006
    Appalachia
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I did give y'all credit, and others have, too. But, I'll do it again. Y'all came with a game plan, the verve to execute it and the heart to take it to us. Well done and well earned victory.

And, we sucked.

17. ShaggyReAL

Dec 9, 2009
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He was the fan that won the be a forward for day contest, right? Sorry I didn't know his name.

18. UPinSLC

UPinSLC Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    SL,UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    at half time my friend called me:

"hey man, you want to go to dinner with me, my fiance and her friend (a smokin hot redhead)"

thought about that for about 2 seconds, weighing the current state of the RSL game. right before our food came i looked on my iphone for the RSL score.

looks like i made the right decision.

my analysis for the game: we just paid a lower division team to come into our house and SMOKE us. this one isnt even worth the acronym; laugh my ********ing ass off.

MAJOR major props to minnesota, they got what they deserved and i give them all the credit in the world. some boys in red need a long hard look in the mirror tonight, they also need to check the gear in their pants, bunch of ********ing goddamn bitches.

19. Black Prince

Black Prince Member

Sep 11, 2006
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    I believe this is what they call "shitting the bed."

20. Black Prince

Black Prince Member

Sep 11, 2006
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Also, everybody step away from the ledge. The team put in a very bad performance against a very motivated Minnesota team. It was embarrassing. RSL should be fine, though depth (particularly a 3rd striker) is a major concern.

21. n1xhere

n1xhere Member

Jul 12, 2007
    I will not. I just burned my ********ing house to the ground, threw out multiple electronics, killed two vuvezelas, and realized I forgot to buy insurance to replace it all...

Again, not really. But I did get really aggravated at the circumstances surrounding our poor performance tonight. Then I listened to some music, drank some beer, and waited for some sarcastic insight from fans from Minnesota. While making additional sarcastic comments on twitter, and facebook.

You can follow my lively self at n1xhere

Ok, I might be bored...

-Edit: Fans from Minnesota don't deserve bad words.

Black Prince and Ismitje repped this.
  22. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    you have a point
    though, if I hear Kreis say "we are taking this very seriously" and he rolls out a lineup/substitution pattern like he did tonight, I'll let him know my displeasure.

What was the announced attendance?
    Those people deserved a much much MUCH better showing than what they were given tonight.

I wonder what Bill Manning and Uncle Dave have to say about buying the rights to bring this here just to get our asses handed to us. If I were Manning, I would have walked into the locker room and told Kreis "I'm in charge of fitness the next 2 weeks if ya don't mind"

23. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  24. rslfanboy

rslfanboy Member+

Jul 24, 2007
    Section 26
    I'm worried about losing Alvarez. I feel RSL completely fell apart when he got injured and was subsequently subbed off. I like Velasquez, but he's too little and not creative or dangerous enough to make up for it (kinda like Paulo). We got walked all over, I should say even moreso, after he was out. Without KB and him, I think we are in some straits.

25. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I didn't realize he picked up a knock. That sub made no sense but I figured it was just predetermined like the Tanaka one seemed to be.

What was his injury?

We better pray that Rimando doesn't get the 2nd string spot for the Yanks, btw. If he misses more time... yikes