RSL 2012 News Thread (Regular Season)

Discussion in 'Real Salt Lake' started by SoccerPrime, Mar 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DrownedElf

DrownedElf Member+

Jul 5, 2010
    Ogden
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    At the same time, unless you're allowing zero shots on goal, you need someone that can make that save. While I'd prefer only 2-3 shots even made it to him in a game, all three shots could easily be ones that require those heroics.

2. UPinSLC

UPinSLC Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    SL,UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    which makes me wonder, if you have a stellar defense, what kind of shots are you usually going to give up? i would expect that a really good defense would more or less eliminate the mundane, run of the mill strikes which you see maybe a half dozen times per game. its those truly spectacular, unexpected and jaw dropping shots that probably aren't going to be able to be shut down by a lights out defense. those are the kind of shots that can require some truly spectacular saves.

3. Bulldog SLC

Bulldog SLC Member

May 4, 2012
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Earlier, I saw someone post a link for matches, but I can't find it at the moment. Did anyone save it? And do you know if they are going to show tonight's match?

4. DrownedElf

DrownedElf Member+

Jul 5, 2010
    Ogden
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    firstrowsports.eu for all your sports streaming needs! Although sometimes not all games have a stream for them, but it's your best bet.

5. Bulldog SLC

Bulldog SLC Member

May 4, 2012
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks! Hopefully my work computer doesn't get some VD!

6. UPinSLC

UPinSLC Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    SL,UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    also try atdhe.eu, they usually have a TON of links for streams, but i'd say only 25% of them actually work. just gotta keep trying.

7. FC-Sky11

FC-Sky11 Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know it's a little late, but another place to try is usagoals.com
    I seem to have the most luck with first row sports or usa goals.

8. UPinSLC

UPinSLC Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    SL,UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lizzie Bee repped this.
  9. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not this week. :D

10. Taragui

Taragui Member+

Aug 13, 2006
    Northern Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    I guess you can't win save of the week with 0 SOG. However, Rimando should get a great deal of credit for dealing with the number of crosses in that first half and the last 10 minutes of the second half.

11. Bulldog SLC

Bulldog SLC Member

May 4, 2012
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I caught the last 10 minutes (damn work meetings) and was happy to see Nick in there. He definitely had the "General" mentality last night. Our guys had a lot of intensity that I don't see in too many away games. In the short minutes I watched the match, two teams battling it out on an exciting and scrappy match. I felt the elbow could've gone either way. The refs did a fine job containing the tempers and my only bitch was the extra time they got at the end of the match. A little much but it did make for a nailbiter of an ending. Good job boys and thanks for the 3!

12. El-ahrairah

El-ahrairah Member+

Sep 20, 2004
    Wanker County
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Espindola's goal this weekend didn't make the goal of the week competition. I thought it would since everyone was stating how great it was.

They decided instead to include a goal from Montero (obviouly not against RSL. ha, ha!), a Beckham set piece goal, one from long range by Brad Davis, another one off a volley by Nguyen and a 20-yard header off a corner for Columbus. I didn't see anything special about the first three, so I'm wondering my Espindola's goal didn't make it. I guess they don't want to make Seattle cry or something.

13. georg

georg Member+

May 25, 2009
    Parowan, Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I personally thought it was a great goal, one touch, anticipating the defenders miss, great goal.

14. nfc1432

nfc1432 Member

Nov 3, 2010
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
  15. Krhoades

Krhoades Member

Apr 11, 2011
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
  16. Lizzie Bee

Lizzie Bee Member+

Jul 27, 2004
    Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  17. Blitzz Supporter

May 23, 2004
    Centerville
    I remember watching RSL play the Zoobs a few years back. Mantilla had a hard tackle on a BYU player, and the Zoob faithful were up in arms. Robbie Findley scored a couple, and I remember Clint Mathis coming in and thinking, Where did Clint Mathis come from? RSL signed him a week later after his stint in Greece or wherever it was.

18. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  19. Krhoades

Krhoades Member

Apr 11, 2011
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    I don't expect RSL regulars to be playing, but I'm hoping to see Seba, Martinez, and Arnoux. This is about 3 blocks away from my house, so I'm definitely going. I'm looking forward to see some of the other guys playing.

20. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm sorry you live that close

21. Blitzz Supporter

May 23, 2004
    Centerville
    I second that.

22. Krhoades

Krhoades Member

Apr 11, 2011
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    haha it's all good. Luckily I don't deal with many crazy zoobies. My downstairs neighbor is a part time opera singer... but other than that, I live at a place with my girlfriend, my brother and his girlfriend, and for the most part I don't really deal with the stereotypical mormon down here.

But anyway, I'm looking forward to the game, just because RSL in any form will be welcome.

Also, I'm listening to OnFrame right now... if you guys haven't yet, check it out. I'm an hour into it and Garth has been on the whole time. It's been really good.

23. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yeah, the on frame with Garth is a really good listen.

The discussion of trying to get a more stable/consistent schedule (tv wise) is something I've really been bugged with lately. I love how you just know when NFL games will be on. I wish MLS was the same

Also, the news that Oliver Kupe won't be coming to the squad is really really devastating. Let me tell ya... (good on him for getting a job out of Northwestern)

24. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lizzie Bee repped this.
  25. nfc1432

nfc1432 Member

Nov 3, 2010
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Congrats to them, especially since this camp is very important, not just to set up friendlies. Like the article said, its time to stop trying out players and start calling in the best for the qualifiers. So is Shea going to get called up and also miss the RSL vs FCD game in a couple weeks?