RSL 2012/2013 Offeason News Thread

Discussion in 'Real Salt Lake' started by Duiz, Nov 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShaggyReAL

ShaggyReAL Awesome is my middle name

Dec 9, 2009
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    lol...I don't even wanna think about what RSL would be without Sabo.

2. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    While losing Sabo would obviously suck, there is no way this team could compete in the current league status without a DP or two. If you lost both Javi ans Sabo (or at least removed their DP status) do you think Garson would be open to getting another DP or two?

I have a hunch that if Javi is gone after this season (or even if he signs for less) the team is going to be on the search for someone to be a DP. Not a big name by any means, but you would think with how well Javi and Sabo worked out, they would be open to finding a guy in that 400K-1million range at the right position (read attacking mid/forward)

3. Allez RSL

Allez RSL Member+

Jun 20, 2007
    Home
    Yep. I'd be surprised if they could effectively replace Morales without someone who commands a DP salary.

4. Jester4422

Jester4422 Member

Nov 29, 2012
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    I remember Checketts was on "On Frame" in like early oct. and was saying that if ticket sales continued to do so well, it is possible that RSL could bring in a 3rd DP. He did clarify that it wouldn't be a David Beckham kind of DP but a DP none the less.

5. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    there is a tax for having 3 DP's. Those without 3, get the money that those with 3 pay to the league.
    I guarantee you that RSL, at least in the next few years, will not have 3 designated players on their roster.

6. I_Believe_In_Kreis

Oct 2, 2006
    on the pitch
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rimando wins Save of the Year, and accepts the award with this awesome quote:

"“Saves are never planned but when you have a chance to help your team it feels great,” Rimando said. “It’s always an honor to be recognized. I also have to thank RSL DF Nat Borchers for losing his man and allowing me to make the save for this year’s award.”

7. georg

georg Member+

May 25, 2009
    Parowan, Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's funny.

8. SenordrummeR2

SenordrummeR2 Member+

Jul 21, 2008
    Layton, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is that a money back guarantee?

9. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I heard it from 2 horses mouth's

10. tpageMLS

tpageMLS New Member

Nov 27, 2012
    RSL won't have 3 DP's because it would violate the Team is the Star philosophy. I think you'll see them either try to replace Javier at Center mid or possibly switch attacking philosophy.

At the start of this season, the press office told me Sabo wasn't a DP according to MLS anymore... it was just the buyout fee would took his contract up for 1 season. MLS Pressbox tells a different story, though they may be overstating it.

Not sure on Morales. He's been at DP-money for quite awhile now, though I think they bought that down with allocation money rather than use the DP tag.

11. Bulldog SLC

Bulldog SLC Member

May 4, 2012
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey! Fu-naw...that is funny shit.

12. I_Believe_In_Kreis

Oct 2, 2006
    on the pitch
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Another funny moment in the Save of the Year saga this morning: Kei Kamara (author of the header Rimando saved) tweeted Rimando and asked for half the prize money.

13. Blitzz Supporter

May 23, 2004
    Centerville
    What a Dumb Ad for MLS Cup. [​IMG]

14. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed. We can't even see it!

lurpythepirate repped this.
  15. Blitzz Supporter

May 23, 2004
    Centerville
    Second Try..
    [​IMG]

16. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cool, they've taken napkin/clip art to a whole new level.

15 to 32 and lurpythepirate repped this.
  17. nfc1432

nfc1432 Member

Nov 3, 2010
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Is it just me or was having a bye week before the MLS cup idiotic. The NFL does it to build the hype and promote it more. MLS isn't exactly big enough for that. With the end of college football season and important games, the extra week made me forget there was even a game till last night. MLS doesn't get enough coverage for an extra week to do anything but let us forget about the game IMO.

15 to 32 and lurpythepirate repped this.
  18. DrownedElf

DrownedElf Member+

Jul 5, 2010
    Ogden
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Playing over Thanksgiving weekend would've been a much worse option. And having that week off with the new format is better since it gives the hosting stadium and traveling fans more time to be able to make it to the game.

Ismitje and BalanceUT repped this.
  19. nfc1432

nfc1432 Member

Nov 3, 2010
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Good point on thanksgiving weekend, I had forgotten that.

20. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just can't wait for Toronto, SLC or Denver to host on Dec 2 without such pleasant weather. And the opponent will be Dallas, LA or Houston.

21. Taragui

Taragui Member+

Aug 13, 2006
    Northern Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Not to mention that the possibility gives additional ammunition to conspiracy theorists everywhere who will say that MLS will do everything in its power to make sure that does not happen.

22. BalanceUT

BalanceUT RSL and THFC!

Oct 8, 2006
    Appalachia
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Global warming may not make this such a big deal, and may facilitate MLS switching to the European calendar! :eek:

Toronto for yesterday was temps in the low 40s and cloudy. Salt Lake (as y'all know) was mid 50s and a bit of rain. Denver was 65 and partly cloudy (friend in Boulder posted Facebook status about eating breakfast in her t-tshirt on their patio). Chicago was 60 and partly cloudy. Columbus was 60 and partly cloudy. Philly was upper 40s and cloudy. New York was lower 40s and cloudy. Washington was lower 50s and partly cloudy. Montreal was mid 20s and very light snow. Boston was lower 30s with a bit of snow. Kansas City was mid 60s with a trace of rain. Vancouver was lower 50s and a bit of rain. Seattle was mid 50s and rain. Portland was mid 50s and a good bit of rain.

No city likely to have 'winter weather problems' had weather that would have made hosting the cup final a bad idea yesterday. Blame global warming! :D

23. JesusKreis

JesusKreis Member

Nov 15, 2008
    SL,UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  24. rsldude

rsldude Member

Aug 10, 2008
    Heart of Texas
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    d1ddy repped this.
  25. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So here is where we think we are:

Steele & Paulo, out (contract not renewed/declined)
    Espindola, Olave to NY (allocation)
    Johnson to Portland (allocation)
    Ned Grabavoy to Liverpool for large transfer... okay I made that up.

d1ddy and MOS5 repped this.